Modern Chinese literature is new literature formed under the conditions of historical changes in Chinese society and widely accepted the influence of foreign literature. It not only uses modern language to express modern scientific and democratic thought but also innovates traditional literature in terms of artistic forms and expression techniques. It has established new literary genres such as drama, new poems, modern novels, essays, prose poems, and reportage. In terms of narrative angle, lyric style, descriptive means, and structural composition, there are new creations, with modern characteristics, which are consistent with the world literary trend and become literature in the true modern sense.
1. "Modern" as a time concept
2. "Modern" as a concept of nature
1. First of all, it is the result of the Chinese nation's salvation and survival ;
2. The second is the result of the evolution of Chinese literature itself
3. The great influence of foreign literature and culture