Confucius Institute Scholarship
The "Confucius Institute Scholarship" was established by the Confucius Institute Headquarters to encourage students and Chinese teachers from all over the world to study and study Chinese language and culture in China.
(1) Issuing object
1. Excellent students from Confucius Institutes (classrooms) in various countries;
2. Teachers who are engaged in or plan to engage in Chinese language teaching overseas;
3. Those who have taken various Chinese tests organized by the Confucius Institute Headquarters and have excellent results;
4. Outstanding contestants in the "Chinese Bridge" Chinese Proficiency Competition for World University and Middle School Students;
5. Chinese learners in relevant universities abroad;
6. Those who meet the conditions stipulated in the specific agreement of the Confucius Institute Headquarters. Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens and in good health.
(2) Scholarship categories and corresponding application eligibility requirements
Scholarship for further study: The duration of the scholarship is generally divided into four weeks, one semester and one academic year. In principle, applicants should have a certain foundation in Chinese, and the age is generally no more than 55 years old.
(3) Scholarship content and standards
1. Provide registration fee, tuition fee, accommodation fee
2. The living expenses of the scholarship will be paid on a monthly basis, and the standards are as follows: a. Advanced students: 2500 yuan/month
3. Provide comprehensive insurance for international students in China: Comprehensive medical insurance for scholarship students in China. It is mainly used for the expenses paid by the students for hospitalization due to serious illness or personal accidental injury.
(4) Application channels
Applicants should submit application documents to the following scholarship enrollment units:
1. Education (Cultural) Offices (Groups) of Chinese Embassies and Consulates in various countries
2. Confucius Institutes in Various Countries
3. Confucius Institute headquartered in various overseas Chinese test centers
4. Other institutions designated by the Confucius Institute Headquarters
(5) Application materials
Applicants must submit relevant materials (all in duplicate) to the scholarship enrollment unit according to the following requirements:
1. The "Confucius Institute Scholarship Application Form" must be completed or printed in Chinese or English. This form can be downloaded from the website of Hanban and the Internet Confucius Institute at http://cis.chinese.cn/;
2. Copy of passport photo page;
3. Application statement. Including the applicant's Chinese learning background, study plan and goals in China, etc., no less than 200 words, printed in Chinese or English with the applicant's signature. Applicants for master's or doctoral degree, please give details of their study and research plans in China (attached papers can be attached)
4. Proof of Chinese proficiency. It can be a Chinese proficiency certificate and transcript, or other Chinese learning and education certificates;
5. Academic certificate and transcript (must be directly issued by the educational administration unit of the school with official seal); applicants for undergraduate majors must provide a notarized high school examination transcript. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English; applicants for master's or doctoral degrees must submit two recommendation letters from professors or associate professors, written in Chinese or English;
6. Applicants under the age of 18 must submit a guardian's guarantee letter and emergency contact information;
7. "Foreigner Physical Examination Record". This form is uniformly printed by the Chinese health and quarantine department. It is limited to those who have studied in China for more than 6 months and must be filled out in English. The "Foreigner Physical Examination Record" that is missing, does not have a photo of the person affixed, or the photo is not stamped with a seam seal, is not signed and stamped by the doctor and the hospital, is invalid. The above-mentioned application materials shall be sent to the Confucius Institute Headquarters by the admissions units before May 31st. The Confucius Institute Headquarters will not accept individual applications for the time being.
(6) Choice of study institutions
To apply for a Confucius Institute Scholarship to study in China, you can choose three voluntary schools from the general higher education and middle schools approved by the Confucius Institute Headquarters. For the list of relevant schools, please log on to the website of Hanban/Confucius Institute.
Inquiry address: http://cis.chinese.cn/.
The Confucius Institute Headquarters encourages applicants to contact the school in advance. If the applicant has already received an invitation letter from the school, please attach it to the application materials.