Beijing Hospitality Institute-logo
Beijing Hospitality Institute





1. What is X1 Visa?

X1 Visa is for people studying in China for more than 6 months. Once issued, it allows applicants 30 days to register at the international student office of their university and apply for a residence permit. Before applying for a residence permit, however, students are required to get a health report from the Beijing Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Bureau.


2. What is X2 Visa?

X2 visa is for people engaging in short-term (less than 6 months) academic activities in China. It specifies how many days in total applicants are allowed to stay in China on the visa page. For instance, if you enter China with an X2 visa valid for 90 days on August 25, you may stay until November 23.


3. What is L Visa?

L visa is a tourist visa. It is for people or groups traveling to China.


4. What is S1 Visa?

S1 visa is a long-term visa pass for dependents such as family members, parents/parents-in-law of work/study visa holders.


5. What is S2 Visa?

S2 visa is a short-term(no more than 180 days) visa pass for dependents such as family members, parents/parents-in-law of work/study visa holders.


6. What is Z Visa?

Z visa is required if you're coming to China to perform services in a pre-arranged professional job.


7. What is Residence permit?

Residence permit is issued to people studying in China for more than 6 months. Once granted, it allows students unlimited entry into China for the time that the visa is valid.


8. What should I pay attention to about visa when studying in Beijing Hospitality Institute?

Students admitted to BHI may apply for your visa at the Chinese Embassy/Consulate in your country with your Letter of Admission and JW201/202 form and some other designated documents.

Students should apply for a study visa (long-term or short-term), with the documents issued by Beijing Hospitality Institute at the Chinese Embassy/Consulate in your country to enter China.

The students who plan to study for more than one semester need to apply for a long-term study visa (X1 Visa).

The students who hold X1 visa need to apply for a Residence Permit within 30 days since you came to China.


9. What should I do if I lose my passport when studying in Beijing Hospitality Institute?

If your passport has been lost or stolen, you must follow the instructions listed below:

• Go to the International Exchange Center to get a certificate of loss.

• Report to the local police station about your case and ask for a report of the loss.

• Bring the report and certificate to the Beijing Public Security Bureau and apply for a written confirmation of the loss.

• Apply for a new passport with the written confirmation at your embassy in Beijing.

• Go back to the International Exchange Center with your new passport and apply for a new student visa. Please note that you must go back to the police station to renew your housing registration as well.


10. Do I need to buy insurance to study in Beijing Hospitality Institute?

A comprehensive medical insurance system has been implemented for international students in China, consisting of accidental injury and hospitalization insurance. Self-financing international students must purchase an insurance scheme meeting the standard designated by the Ministry of Education. BHI will not accept an international student to register if he/she does not have such an insurance scheme.


11. What type of insurance does Beijing Hospitality Institute purchase?

The university selects "Comprehensive Insurance & Protection Scheme for Foreigners Staying in China of Ping An Annuity Insurance Company, Ltd" as the default group insurance scheme for international students. The scheme consists of Death and Accidental Disability Insurance liability (RMB100,000), Medical Treatment for Accidental Injury Insurance liability (RMB20,000), Hospitalization Medical Treatment Insurance liability (RMB400,000) and Outpatient and Emergency Medical Insurance liability (RMB20,000, the daily limitation for outpatients is RMB600, if beyond the starting-line, RMB650, in the insurance time, the insured can enjoy 85% of reimbursement an accumulative amount of RMB20000 Yuan.). The price is RMB 400 per person for half a year or RMB 800 per person for a year.

IMPORTANT: The insurance liability and liability exemption are all subject to the statement of the insurance scheme.


12. In what hospital when studying in Beijing Hospitality Institute can I get reimbursement?

Medical organizations which are involved in all the foregoing medical liabilities are limited to the public hospitals established within the border of the Chinese mainland; the medical expenses incurred in sub-branch of public hospitals, ward area for foreigners, ward area for special treatment and needs, the award for special treatment and needs, the award for high-ranking officials, or similar ward area or ward shall be excluded from the insurance.


13. How to claim if an accident occurs when studying in Beijing Hospitality Institute?

Standard procedures of insurance claims after the occurrence of insurance accident:

(1) Please call directly 4008105119 EXT 1 for medical consultation due to disease or accident. The rescuing doctor will consult, diagnose, and provide medical guidance and precautions for insurance claims. After consulting diagnosis and outpatient treatment, if the doctor confirms that further hospitalization is required, the insured can apply for advanced payment of medical expenses for hospitalization to the rescue company. After communication and confirmation of the rescue company and hospital, it will be decided whether the advanced payment procedures shall be started. If the insured is directly hospitalized without consulting, diagnosis and recording of doctor of the rescue company and outpatient treatment (including those whose conditions do not meet the requirements of hospitalization but require the outpatient doctor to agree with hospitalization), the rescue company will not be responsible for advanced payment of medical expense for hospitalization. If advanced payment for medical expenses is made without the above procedures, the insured will not be able to get compensation.

(2) A major accident can be reported with the following contact information

The telephone number for claim consultation and reporting: 4008105119 EXT 1. You can call 010-67185217 in the areas without telephone number beginning with 400.

You cannot get compensated without reporting through the 400 calls or following the standard procedures.


14. Does Beijing Hospitality Institute provide an airport pick-up service?

Airport or train station pick-up service will be provided free of charge for the students who come to BHI for the first time.

School staff will meet you at the arrival area of the airport, holding high cardboard with YOUR NAME and the BHI LOGO on it. All you have to do is to book a flight and let us know your arrival time.

Students who need this service should inform the International Exchange Center by email with detailed arrival information 30 days before your arrival.


15. How about the scenery of Beijing Hospitality Institute?

Different seasons in BHI show you different scenery. Now more and more stars come to BHI for their TV, film and MV. BHI is becoming a base of film and television.


16. How about the teaching facilities of Beijing Hospitality Institute?

Professional hotel-standard teaching facilities are provided, such as professional wine and tea appreciation lab, and a four-star training hotel which includes 38 guest rooms, 3 demo kitchens, an 800-capacity banquet room, Chinese and Western restaurants, a western-style bar, coffee lab and a wine & cigar bar.


17. How about the accommodation environment of Beijing Hospitality Institute?

BHI provides hotel standard double rooms for international students; each room is equipped with a television, a telephone, an air conditioner, and a 24-hour hot water supply. Also, we offer students with cleaning service every two days and bedding replacement.


18. How about the sports facilities in Beijing Hospitality Institute?

Diverse and high standard sports facilities are provided, such as indoor tennis gymnasium, dancing room, body room, etc. Also, you can play basketball, badminton, table tennis, snooker in the sports center.


19. What are the requirements for applying for BHI?

Between the age of 18 and 40 (18 and 40 included) with the good physical condition

Senior high school graduate or above

Good basic skills of English or new HSK 5 or pass the Chinese language proficiency exam held by BHI.


20. What materials do I need to apply for BHI?

  • Completed International Students Application Form
  • English Resume (Chinese Resume is necessary for Chinese undergraduate program)
  • Official transcript of your academic achievement up to the present, including courses taken and standard achieved (original documents or certified copies in English)
  • Senior high school graduation diploma(original documents or certified copies in English)
  • Certificate of New HSK 5 or above (Internet-Based TOEFL of 80 or IELTS with an overall band score of 5.5 is necessary for English undergraduate program)
  • A photocopy of the Passport Information page
  • 8 recent passport-sized photos (colored, white background, 33mm*48mm)
  • Additional documents may be required


21. How to apply for Beijing Hospitality Institute?

Email: Email the scanned version of the completed International Students Application Form and other required documents to, copy to  

Post: Post required documents to International Exchange Center, Beijing Hospitality Institute

No.11, Tianyuan Road, Industrial Park, Panggezhuang, Daxing district, Beijing PR China, 102601

Attn: Ms. Liliane Hu, Ms. Feng He, Mr. Quan Wei

Tel: 8610-89280529

Note: Barring special circumstances, application documents will not be returned.


22. How much does Beijing Hospitality Institute cost?


Standard (RMB) 



  400 RMB/person 

  Payment in RMB cash and credit card/debit card is accepted. The fee will not be refundable. 




  Standard tuition fee for international students applied for BHI (refer to the charging standard). 



      Course Certification Program 


  20 hours/week fully delivered in English. 


To be determined 

 To be paid each semester and is decided by the total amount of actual books price. 




  Accommodation fee for living in the International Students Dormitory on campus, double occupancy, excluding bedding and personal articles. 

      Deposits for Accommodation 

3000 RMB/person  

  It should be paid upon check-in and will be refunded if the room and goods are in good condition when check-out. 


Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on Wechat