Scholarship for international Chinese teachers
1. Eligibility & Categories
Application is open to applicant who holds non-Chinese citizenship, aged between 16 and 35 years on September 1st, 2021. in good character and excellent learning. (Applicant currently holding a Chinese language teaching position must not exceed the age limit of 45. Applicants for undergraduate scholarships generally do not exceed 25 years of age.)
1.1 Scholarship for Master's Degree in Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages (MTCSOL) Students
Enrollment starts in September 2021. This category provides a scholarship for 2 academic years. Applicants must possess a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent, a minimum score of 210 in the HSK Test (Level 5), and a minimum score of 60 in the HSKK Test (Intermediate Level). An applicant who can provide the employment agreement or certification upon completion of study from designated working institutions is preferred.
1.2 Scholarship for One-Academic-Year Study (Students)
This category provides a scholarship for 11 months. Applicants must not be in China at the time of applying. Enrollment starts in September 2021.
(1) Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages
Applicant must have a minimum score of 270 in HSK Test (Level 3), and 60 in HSKK test (Beginner Level).
(2) Chinese Study
Applicants must have a minimum score of 210 in the HSK Test (Level 3). Priority will be given to applicants who provide an HSKK test score.
1.3 Scholarship for One-Semester Study Students
Enrollment starts in September 2021 or March 2022. This category provides a scholarship for 5 months. Applicants who already have X1 or X2 visas will be refused.
Applicants must have a minimum score of 180 in the HSK Test (Level 3), and HSKK test.
1.4 Four-week Program
The program commences in July or December. This category provides a scholarship for 4 weeks. Applicants who already have X1 or X2 visas will be refused.
Applicants must possess HSK results, and must apply in groups through their Confucius Institute. A group can only have between 10--15 applicants.
5.For“Chinese Bridge” (Chinese Proficiency Competition for Foreign College Students) Prize Winners. Winners who have been awarded the 2020 “Confucius Institute Scholarship Certificate” can apply for admission according to the scholarship specified in the certificate.
For question or inquiry, you can send an E-mail to:
The International Chinese Language Teachers Scholarship provides full coverage on tuition fees, accommodation fees, living allowance (except for four-week program students), and comprehensive medical insurance packages.
We provide free hostel accommodation for Confucius Institute Scholarship students. Normally 2-3 students stay in a room. Those who with the permission of the university choose to live off-campus, are entitled to a monthly accommodation allowance of RMB700 per person.
Living allowance is granted on monthly basis. The allowance criteria per person are:
One-Academic-Year Students, One-Semester Students: RMB 2,500 per month;
MTCSOL: RMB 3,000 per month.
Comprehensive medical insurance is purchased by the relevant regulations for international students stipulated by the Ministry of Education of China. The insurance packages are as follows:
Four-week program students- RMB 160 per person,
One-Semester Students- 400 per person,
One-Academic-Year Students and above - 800 per person yearly.
3.1 For all applicants, please log on to the International Chinese Language Teachers Scholarships website from March 1st, 2021 to register. Complete the International Chinese Language Teachers Scholarships Application Form online and upload the scanned copies of relevant supporting documents:
(1) A scanned copy of the passport data page.
(2) HSK, HSKK score reports of no longer than two years.
(3) Recommendation letter signed by the head of the recommending institutions.
3.2 For degree scholarship program applicants
(1) Certification of the highest education diploma (or proof of expected year of graduation), and an official transcript.
(2) Applicants for MTCSOL Scholarship are required to provide 2 reference letters either from professors or associate professors. Those who can provide an employment agreement or related documents from the designated teaching institution are preferred.
(3) Applicant who is currently working in a Chinese language teaching-related field shall provide an employment certification and reference letters from the agency.
(4) Applicants under the age of 18 shall submit relevant documents of entrusted legal guardians in China.
(5) Complete the registration in the BIT system (http://apply.isc.bit.edu.cn), confirm to submit the application, and obtain the application number.
(6) Recommending institutions reviews materials and recommends applicants who meet the criteria to our university.
(7) Our university reviews materials, interviews applicants, and pre-admits applicants on a competitive selection-based process.
(8) Center for language education and cooperation will conduct an overall assessment of all applications and admit applicants based on competitive selection. Normally, the admission results will be announced 3 months before the term begins.
4. Application deadline
4.1 15th April (term begins in June)
4.2 15th May (term begins in September)
4.3 15th September (term begins in December)
4.4 15th November (term begins in March 2022)
5. Contact Us
Beijing Institute of Technology, Office of International Student