Beijing Forestry University-logo
Beijing Forestry University





1. What kind of university is Beijing Forestry University?

Beijing Forestry University is a national key university directly under the Ministry of Education and jointly established by the Ministry of Education and the State Forestry and Grassland Administration. It is one of the first batches of national "211 Project" key construction universities and national "advantaged disciplines innovation platform" construction project pilot university, and it is a world-class university Disciplinary construction university.


2. How many colleges does Beijing Forestry University have?

The school has 17 colleges, 65 undergraduate majors and directions, 25 master's degree authorized first-level discipline points, 16 professional degree authorization points, 8 doctoral degree authorization first-level discipline points, and 7 post-doctoral mobile stations.


3. How many students are there at Beijing Forestry University?

There are 25,276 students, including 13,693 undergraduates, 6712 postgraduates, and 4,871 continuing education students.


4. How about the campus facilities of Beijing Forestry University?

The campus area is indeed relatively small, but the facilities are very complete. The greening of the campus is very good. Especially in the past two years, the environment has been rectified. A lot of chic landscapes have been added, cafeterias, coffee shops, book bars have been added. The conditions have gradually improved.


5. What do I need to prepare before coming to China Beijing Forestry University?

Go to the local Chinese embassy abroad to apply for a study visa Please be sure to apply for a study visa (X visa) to study in China. Among them, the X1 visa is a long-term convertible visa that must be converted into a residence permit within 30 days of entry; the X2 visa is a short-term non-convertible visa. Students holding this visa can only travel to and from China once and can stay in China for a maximum of 180 days.

Therefore, if your study period in China exceeds 180 days, you need to apply for an X1 visa (residence permit); if it does not exceed 180 days, you need to apply for an X2 visa.

Read the admission notice carefully and communicate with the school in time

The admission notice usually contains admission information such as admission major, length of study, the language of instruction, etc., as well as registration information such as the time, place, and required materials for new students to register. 

*It is best to confirm the accommodation arrangement with the school in advance for freshmen before entering the school, in case there is a situation where the room cannot be accommodated due to the tightness of the room; to contact the school, usually by mail, telephone, etc.


6. What materials are needed for visa application to study at Beijing Forestry University?

The original passport and one copy (please make sure that your passport is valid for more than 6 months and has a blank visa page)

The original and one copy of the "Visa Application Form for Foreigners Studying in China" (JW201 or JW202). 

The original and one copy of the school admission notice

*International students must hold a study visa (X visa) to enter the country. If you want to switch to a study visa after entering the country with a tourist visa (L visa), you may be required to re-enter after leaving the country. This is not recommended.


7. What needs to be prepared to study at Beijing Forestry University?

1) Electrical appliances: laptops and other electronic products and their accessories, power conversion plugs, power transformers, mobile power supplies, etc. (the Chinese standard voltage is 220V, please bring your own voltage conversion equipment);

2) Clothing: China has a vast territory and the climate varies greatly. Please prepare corresponding clothing according to the climate of the school location;

3) Commonly used drugs: commonly used drugs for the respiratory system, commonly used drugs for the digestive system, analgesics, anti-inflammatory drugs, mosquito repellents, moisturizers, etc. To

4) It is recommended to carry a moderate amount of cash (RMB) with you to cover basic expenses such as arriving at the school from the airport and purchasing daily necessities. To

*We suggest that electrical appliances, daily necessities and other items can be purchased at the campus and nearby shopping malls.

In addition, according to the relevant regulations of the Chinese government, opium, morphine, heroin, marijuana and other addictive narcotics and psychotropic substances are used; All kinds of weapons, simulation weapons, controlled knives, ammunition and explosives are strictly prohibited to be brought into China.


8. What should I pay attention to when studying at Beijing Forestry University?

1) Introduction to Chinese currency China's legal currency is Renminbi, the unit is yuan, and the sub-currency unit of Renminbi is jiao and cent. 1 yuan = 10 jiao, 1 jiao = 10 points. At present, the main banknotes in circulation are: 1 jiao, 5 jiao, 1 yuan, 5 yuan, 10 yuan, 20 yuan, 50 yuan, and 100 yuan; coins are: 1 jiao, 5 jiao and 1 yuan. 

2) Foreign currency exchange locations and convertible currencies The following foreign currency currencies can be converted into Renminbi: British Pound, U.S. Dollar, Euro, Japanese Yen, Korean Won, Canadian Dollar, Australian Dollar, Swiss Franc, Singapore Dollar, Swedish Krona, Norwegian Krone, Denmark Kronor, Philippine Peso, Thai Baht. For other currencies, you can first convert them into U.S. dollars in your home country and bring them to China, and then convert U.S. dollars into renminbi. 

3) Allergen Memorandum and Preparatory Medicines Some food packages in China do not indicate allergy information, so please eat with caution; bring your own allergic reaction memorandum and preparatory medicines with you.

4) Daily Chinese language and other relevant Chinese information

China uses Chinese (common Mandarin) as the common language, and a few regions use the local dialect. In order to avoid the initial communication barriers, it is recommended to prepare the information of the contact person in China and the information of the school (teacher in the International Students Office) written in Chinese.


9. What materials are required for registration to Beijing Forestry University?

Original and photocopy of my valid passport and visa (X1 or X2)

Original and copy of the admission notice

"Visa Application Form for Studying in China" (JW201 or 202) Original copy of passport size photo

Registration fees, tuition fees, medical insurance fees, accommodation fees, etc. related fees that need to be paid at the time of registration

The original copy of the "Foreigner Physical Examination Record" and blood test report (must be provided by students who study in China for more than 6 months)


10. Do I have to have a physical examination to study at Beijing Forestry University?

According to the relevant regulations of the Chinese government, students entering the country with an X1 visa must undergo a health check. Students can undergo a physical examination in their home country before coming to China, and submit the original "Foreigner Physical Examination Record" in Chinese or English at the time of registration, and then go to the health care center of the local entry-exit inspection and quarantine bureau for re-examination. If the submitted health certificate does not meet the specifications and requirements, or if the physical examination is not performed before coming to China, the health examination must be performed again at the health care center of the local inspection and quarantine bureau. The health center will issue a "Foreigner Physical Examination Record Verification Certificate" for you, which is a necessary material for applying for a residence permit in China. 

Normally, the school will arrange the physical examination in a unified manner. If you miss the collective physical examination time, you need to go to the local entry-exit inspection and quarantine bureau to complete this procedure by yourself. The X1 visa must apply for a residence permit within 30 days from the day of entry, so the medical examination must be completed as soon as possible after entry. International students entering the country with an X2 visa do not need a medical examination.


11. Do I have to buy medical insurance to study at Beijing Forestry University?

According to relevant national regulations, international students who have studied in China for more than six months must purchase medical insurance in China. The school will provide students with consultation and services related to insurance purchase.


12. What is the residence permit for foreigners? What should I pay attention to study at Beijing Forestry University?

The residence permit for foreigners in the People's Republic of China is a residence permit issued to foreigners who have stayed in the People's Republic of China for more than one year. International students who enter the country with an X1 visa must switch to a residence permit within 30 days from the day of entry. This certificate should be applied to the exit and entry management agency of the public security agency in the place of residence. For details, please refer to the "Regulations of the People's Republic of China on the Administration of the Entry and Exit of Foreigners" and the relevant regulations of the local Exit-Entry Administration Bureau.


13. What should I do if I cannot arrive at Beijing Forestry University within the prescribed time to complete the registration process?

If the student is unable to arrive at the school at the registration time specified by the school, he should contact the school's relevant management teacher in advance to inquire about the method of self-registration.


14. What systems do I need to follow to study in China Beijing Forestry University?

The behavior of international students in China will be governed by the laws of the People's Republic of China regarding foreigners, local regulations, and school discipline and school rules; the local immigration bureau, police station and the school will jointly assume the responsibility for the management of students. 

At the time of enrollment, the school will uniformly provide guidance on the enrollment code of conduct and campus rules and regulations for the new students this year; in addition, the immigration bureau and the police station will also hold lectures on public safety knowledge from time to time.


15. If I want to participate in an off Beijing Forestry University internship, what should I pay attention to?

International students with X visas who require off-campus internships or part-time jobs during their studies at the school can submit to the exit and entry management agency of the public security organ the approval of part-time work or off-campus education issued by the school and the internship unit after the approval of the school. Letter of internship, application for a residence permit with a note. After adding the note, students can engage in off-campus internship activities at the internship unit; if not, they are not allowed to do work-study or internships outside the school. Please note that your internship date cannot exceed the deadline of your residence permit.

If you want to find an internship, please obtain it through professional and formal channels.


16. What scholarship can I apply for when studying in Beijing Forestry University?

The school is Chinese government scholarship, foreign aid program scholarship of the Ministry of Commerce, Beijing government scholarship, Beijing "Belt and Road" special scholarship, Asia-Pacific Forest Organization scholarship, and Beijing "Belt and Road" national talent training base project institution.


Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on Wechat