Chinese Government Scholarship
1. Agency no
2. Program Category:
Beijing-Chinese Government Scholarship is established by the Ministry of Education of China following educational exchange agreements or understandings reached between the Chinese government and governments of other countries, organizations, education institutions, and relevant international organizations to provide full scholarships to international students. Since 2010, Beijing Municipality has been entitled to award the Beijing Chinese Government Scholarship on its own.
Beijing University of Technology (hereinafter referred to as BJUT) is established in 1960. It is a key university under the administration of the Beijing Municipal Government and ranked as one of the 100key universities for the 21st century. It has established a multi-disciplinary academic structure. Since2010, BJUT started to enroll Beijing Chinese Government Scholarship students all over the world.
4. Funding Date
5. Funding Targets
6. Program Duration
7. Language of Instruction
BUT Doctoral programs are taught in either Chinese or English.
(1) Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens in good health, both physically and psychologically.
(2) Applicants should not be registered students in Chinese universities at the time of application, but s/he may be a graduate from Chinese universities for more than one year.
(3) Education background and age limit:
Applicants for the doctoral degree programs must have a master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
(4) Applicants cannot major in their mother tongue, English, French, or other third languages or culture.
9. Values of Scholarship
Please visit http://www.campuschina.org to get funding criteria.
Application documents: The applicants must fill in and provide the following documents truly, correctly, and completely.
(1) Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship
Those who are available for online application shall fill in and print the application form after submitting it online. The CSC Online Application System for Study in China is available at
The agency number of Beijing University of Technology is 10005, and the category type is B. Those who cannot apply online shall contact the dispatching authorities to get the application form and fill it truly, correctly, and completely.
(2) Application Form for International Students to BJUT
Online application: http://bjut.17gz.org
The application will not be accepted until the application fee is paid.
(3)BJUT Supervisor Acceptance Letter for Master/Ph.D. Degree Program Applicants
For supervisor information, please visit
(4) Notarized Highest diploma or pre-graduation certificate (photocopy)
Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
(5) Notarized academic transcripts (photocopy)
Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
(6) A study or research plan
All applicants are required to submit a study or research plan. It must be in Chinese or English.
(7)Language certificate within latest two years
HSK 4 or above certificate for Chinese-taught program applicant; English-taught postgraduate program applicant from non-native English speaking countries should submit one of the following English language certificates within the period of validity: IELTS ≥6.5/IBT≥ 90/TOEIC≥750)
(8) Two Recommendation letters from associate professors or above experts
Applicants for postgraduate studies must submit two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English from associate professors or experts in related research fields.
(9) Non-criminal Record Certificate
(10) Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form within the latest six months
The original copy should be kept by the applicant. The form printed by the Chinese quarantine authority could be downloaded from
The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. Please select the appropriate time to take a medical examination due to the 6-months validity of the medical results.
(12) Photocopy of Passport Personal Information Page with a period of validity being above half-year
(13) A CD of your own works
Applicants for programs such as arts, architecture, urban planning must submit a CD of their own works to prove their competence in such field.
11. Application fee
The application fee is RMB 500 Yuan, which is required to be paid online to complete the application. Online payment:
12. Documents submission
Soft copies of the documents are required to be submitted to the application system by the application deadline
13. Application deadline for 2021 -2022 Academic Year Intake
31 March 2021
14. Approval and Notification
(1) BJUT will assess all the application documents and make decisions. Documents of successful candidates will be forwarded to CSC for final approval.
(2) Scholarship applicants academically accepted by BJUT will be officially awarded the Chinese Government Scholarship with approval from CSC.
(3) Students are required to sign on their Admission Notice, if they have no objection with the placement, and are not permitted, in principle, to change their specialties and the duration of study specified in the Admission Notice.
(4) BJUT will send the Admission Notice and Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW201) to students.
15. Contact us
College of International Education
Beijing University of Technology
Address: R814, No.4 Teaching Building, Beijing University of Technology, #100, Ping Le Yuan, Chaoyang District, Beijing, 100124, P. R. China
Tel: +86-10-67391762, 67391858