Doctoral Degree Programs
(1) Language of Instruction:
Chinese or English
(2) School starts:
(3) Registration Fee:
(4) Tuition fee:
(5) Program Duration:
Students are required to complete their studies within four years but approval may be requested to shorten the period to three or lengthen the period to five years (including any period of absence with leave).
(6) Curriculums and Credits
At least 14 credits are required to complete a Ph.D. course and should be completed in the first academic year in principle.
(7) Arrangements of Dissertation
1. A doctoral dissertation proposal should be completed before the end of the third semester. Doctoral students should demonstrate in their dissertations that the author has an independent ability to engage in scientific research and made creative achievements in their discipline or specialized technology.
2. Doctorate applicants as the first author (or second author if the first author is the student’s doctoral dissertation supervisor) must submit three academic published papers on topics related to their dissertation. Students must receive notification of acceptance of one of the three papers but must have least two published papers before they can apply for a degree. The first author of the academic paper should be affiliated with the Beijing University of Technology. An applied and authorized patent for an invention as the first inventor (including supervisor as the first inventor and the applicant as the second inventor) is equivalent to a paper.
3. Ph.D. dissertations can be written in Chinese or English. Abstracts for Foreign students’ dissertations should be written in Chinese. International students must have the dissertation delivered to, defended in, and accredited to BJUT.
(8) Entry Requirements
1.Applicant must be a non-Chinese resident, holding a valid foreign passport or international identity certificate.
2. Applicant should be in good mental and physical condition.
3. Applicant should be over 18 and under 40 years old.
4. Degree or diploma：Applicant for a doctoral program, should provide a master's degree or above certificate.
5. Language requirements：
- For Chinese-taught Ph.D. program applicant: New HSK-4 or above level
- For English-taught Ph.D. program applicant who does not from English-speaking countries should meet one of the following requirements：
a. IBT 85.
b. IELTS 6.5.
c. TOEIC 750.
d. The instruction language is English in senior high school or above study period.
※Note：Applicant who do not meet the Chinese language requirement should take a one-year Intensive Chinese Training Program offered by BJUT and can only proceed with the degree study after pass the language requirements.
(9) Program Application
1. Online application：http://bjut.17gz.org
2. Application period: 16 November—31 March of next year
3. Application documents：
- Application form（completed online）
- A copy of the passport personal information page
- A copy of the most recent degree certificate
- A copy of official-proved the most recent degree transcripts (for all years)
- Personal statement/research plan (no less than 800 words)
- Two reference letters (associate professor or above title)
- An acceptance letter from the BJUT supervisor
- A copy of the IELTS or IBT certificate (for English-taught program)
- Non-criminal Record Certificate
- A copy of the Physical Examination Record for Foreigners
(10) Contact us
College of International Education
Beijing University of Technology
Address: R814, No.4 Teaching Building, Beijing University of Technology,
#100, Ping Le Yuan, Chaoyang District, Beijing, 100124, P. R.China
Tel: +86-10-67391762, 67391858