1. Q：What kind of university is Beijing University of Technology?
A：Founded in 1960, Beijing University of Technology is a multidisciplinary city-owned key university that focuses on engineering and combines engineering, science, economics, management, liberal arts, law, art, and education. In 1981, it became the first batch of master's degree-granting units approved by the Ministry of Education. It became a doctoral degree-granting unit in 1985. In 1996, it passed the national "211 Project" pre-examination, and officially entered the ranks of the country's top 100 universities in the 21st century. . In September 2017, the school officially entered the ranks of national first-class discipline construction universities, 8 disciplines ranked among the top 500 in the 2020 QS World University Rankings, and ranked 32nd in Mainland China in the QS 2020 World University Rankings, engineering, materials science, chemistry, and environment Six disciplines including science and ecology, computer science, biology, and biochemistry have entered the top 1% of ESI.
2. Q：What is the school code of Beijing University of Technology?
3. Q：Where is the school address of Beijing University of Technology?
A: The school headquarters is located at No. 100 Pingleyuan, Chaoyang District, Beijing. It is adjacent to East Fourth Ring South Road in the east, West Dawang Road in the west, Shuanglong Road in the south, and Pingyuan Community in the north; there are also Zhonglan, Guanzhuang, Huayuan Village, Liulijing, and Hui 6 campuses in Xindong Street and Tongzhou; covers an area of 960,151 square meters.
4. Q：Can international students of Beijing University of Technology get scholarships?
A：Can! The school scholarship policy for international students in China is as follows:
(1) Postgraduates: Full tuition subsidies can be obtained for the full school system, but they must pass the annual review every year. The source is the Chinese Government Scholarship (CSC) or the Beijing Municipal Government Scholarship;
(2) Undergraduates: Full tuition fees will be subsidized in the first year, and scholarships will be assessed based on academic performance after the second year. The source is the Beijing Municipal Government Scholarship;
(3) Non-degree foreign students: the school will reduce or subsidize tuition fees according to the scholarship policies such as the inter-school exchange agreement, the Confucius Institute Scholarship, and the China-EU Special Credit Scholarship;
(4) Preparatory students: at their own expense, but for students who enter Beijing University of Technology after the preparatory course, the school will reduce or refund the preparatory science fee.
5. Q：Beijing University of Technology's selection principles and procedures for the Chinese Government Scholarship Autonomous Program (CSC Scholarship)?
A: Selection principle: Priority is given to key disciplines, Ph.D., and country and region.
(1) From November to March of the following year, students submit individual applications;
(2) Before April 15th, each training college will submit a list of recommended students and sort them in order;
(3) In late April, school-level selection, ranking, and publicity;
(4) At the end of April, report to China Scholarship Council
(5) From late May to mid-June, received the list of approvals from the China Scholarship Council;
(6) Before the end of June, all admitted students will be issued admission notices and visa application forms.
6. Q：What if the international students of Beijing University of Technology have not received the CSC Scholarship?
A: It doesn't matter, if you can't get the CSC scholarship, you can apply for the Beijing Municipal Government Scholarship. It is recommended that undergraduates and postgraduates directly apply for the Beijing Municipal Government Scholarship from the beginning, and doctoral students should apply for the Beijing Municipal Government Scholarship immediately after receiving the CSC scholarship review results at the end of April.
7. Q：What kind of preparations do the international students of Beijing University of Technology need to study and live in China?
A：(1) Living expenses: including accommodation, living expenses, and insurance, etc., totaling at least RMB 3,000/month. This fee is borne by the student, and the tutor can provide support at his discretion.
(2) Working conditions: laboratory, working environment, and necessary scientific research funds, provided by the tutor;
(3) Agreed in advance: If the living expenses and working conditions are provided by the tutor, they must be agreed with the international student in advance to avoid subsequent conflicts.
8. Q：Are there clear criteria for the admission requirements for international students at Beijing University of Technology?
A: Admission conditions:
(1) Language requirements: To apply for majors taught in Chinese, HSK level 4 is required; for majors taught in English, and whose native language or official language is not English, a score of 6 in IELTS or 90 in TOEFL is required.
(2) Age requirements: In principle, applicants for doctoral candidates should not exceed 40 years of age; in principle, applicants for master's degrees should not exceed 35 years of age; in principle, applicants for undergraduates should not exceed 30 years of age.
(3) Academic requirements: Excellent academic performance in the previous semester.
9. Q：What should I do if the international students of Beijing University of Technology cannot speak Chinese?
A: It's ok! The International College provides one-year Chinese language preparatory study for international students in China to learn Chinese. The cost of preparatory study has been explained in Question 2. Students with zero Chinese language foundation will study in the International College for one year, and they will generally pass the HSK Level 4 exam smoothly, and then they will be able to communicate smoothly with you.
10. Q：Are the graduation standards for foreign students at Beijing University of Technology the same as those for Chinese students?
A: The graduation standards for international students will gradually converge with Chinese students. However, considering the differences in language, professional foundation, and training content of international students, the graduation standards for international students and Chinese students still need to take into account the differences. The specific graduation standards are based on the relevant schools, colleges, and disciplines. Regulations are implemented.
11. Q：What are the basic requirements for admission to Beijing University of Technology for international graduate students?
A: Basic requirement:
(1) Physical and mental health;
(2) Language requirements: To apply for Chinese-taught majors, in principle, you must pass the HSK4 level test or complete a Chinese-taught high school or above education in China; apply for English-taught majors and your mother tongue is not English, and in principle must achieve IELTS 6.5 and TOEFL 85 points in IBT or 750 points in TOEIC or completion of English-taught undergraduate education at home and abroad;
(3) Age requirements: in principle, applicants for master's degree candidates should not exceed 35 years of age, and in principle, applicants for doctoral degree candidates should not exceed 40 years of age;
(4) Academic requirements: Excellent academic performance in the previous semester, and ability to follow-up academic learning.
12. Q：What is the Chinese Government Scholarship of Beijing University of Technology-University Autonomous Enrollment Program?
A：The Chinese Government Scholarship-Autonomous Enrollment Program for Colleges and Universities is a special scholarship program for Chinese Government Scholarships. The Ministry of Education of China is responsible for the scholarship program provided to the outside world. The China Scholarship Council is responsible for the daily management of scholarships. Chinese universities with independent enrollment qualifications directly enroll students. , filter.
13. Q：What are the funding standards for the CSC Autonomous Enrollment Program of Beijing University of Technology?
A：The funding category of the CSC Autonomous Enrollment Project of Beijing University of Technology is fully funded, including tuition, living expenses (3,500 yuan/month for doctoral degree), accommodation, and comprehensive medical insurance. In principle, tutors do not need to provide additional funding to students; if you voluntarily provide students with certain living allowances and working conditions, please agree with the students in advance about the standards to avoid subsequent conflicts.
14. Q：What are the basic requirements for CSC self-enrollment in Beijing University of Technology?
A: Basic requirement:
(1) Physical and mental health;
(2) Language requirements: To apply for a Chinese-taught major, in principle, you must pass the HSK Level 4 test or complete a Chinese-taught high school or above education in China; apply for an English-taught major, and your mother tongue is not English, in principle, you must reach IELTS 6.5 and TOEFL 90 points in IBT or 750 points in TOEIC or completion of English-taught high school and above education at home and abroad;
(3) Age requirement: In principle, applicants for doctoral candidates should not exceed 40 years old;
(4) Academic requirements: Excellent academic performance in the previous semester, and ability to follow-up academic learning.
15. Q：What materials should be prepared by the new international students of Beijing University of Technology for registration?
A: The necessary registration materials include:
(1) Ordinary passport (within the validity period);
(2) 6 two-inch white background ID photos;
(3) Admission notice (original);
(4) Visa application form JW201/JW202 (original);
(5) Renminbi or bank card.
Please prepare tuition, accommodation, insurance, living expenses, etc. according to actual needs. It is recommended that you exchange some RMB at a bank in your country, or prepare 1-2 credit or debit cards that can be used in China so that you can use them right after you arrive in China. It is recommended that students bring about 5,000 yuan (enough to cover the expenses of visa, physical examination, living, accommodation, food, and transportation at the beginning of school). Please be safe when carrying cash with you.
16. Q：What are the visa types for international students from Beijing University of Technology?
A: Visas for studying in China are divided into X1 and X2. X1 visas are issued to foreign students who are expected to study for more than 180 days; X2 visas are issued to foreign students who are expected to study for less than 180 days.
17. Q：What is the visa application method of Beijing University of Technology for international students?
A: Foreign students who come to study in China must apply for a visa to study in China at the Chinese embassy (consulate) in their country of nationality or residence. The contact information of Chinese embassies (consulates) abroad can be found on the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of China.
When applying for a visa to study in China, you must provide the "Admission Notice", "Visa Application Form for Studying in China (JW202/201)" and other materials designated by the embassy (consulate) sent by our school.
18. Q：What are the application procedures for off-campus work aid or internship for international students of Beijing University of Technology?
A: Step 1: Foreign students should fill in the "Application Form for Internships for International Students from Beijing University of Technology" (see attachment) before working. International students can sign the "Internship Contract" with the intern unit only after obtaining the permission of the instructor or the headteacher, and the approval of the training college and the international college.
Step 2: Foreign students go to the International Student Affairs Office (Sijiao 814) to register for internship information and issue a certificate of internship with the "Application Form for Internships for International Students from Beijing University of Technology" and "Internship Contract".
Step 3: After the foreign students take the "Internship Visa Adding Information Registration Form" issued by the International College, go to the International Student Management and Visa Office of the International Exchange and Cooperation Office (Science Building 213) and issue the "Certificate of Approval for Foreign Students to Participate in Off-campus Internship". The Exit-Entry Administration Bureau of Beijing Municipal Public Security Bureau accepts interviews and applies for intern visa refills.
19. Q：What are the materials and requirements for the off-campus work-study or internship visa application for international students of Beijing University of Technology?
A: Face-to-face materials and requirements:
(1) A valid passport or other international travel documents.
(2) Use a black ink pen to complete the "Foreigner Visa Credentials Application Form", and paste a recent 2-inch photo of the front face with a white background without a hat.
(3) The valid "Registration of Temporary Residence" of the applicant himself. (On-campus accommodation personnel shall handle the procedures at the front desk of the International Students Dormitory; off-campus accommodation personnel shall handle the procedures at the police station where they live).
(4) "Certificate of Studying" and "Certificate of Permitting Foreign Students to Participate in Off-campus Internship" issued by Beijing University of Technology.
(5) The internship unit or enterprise issues a certificate of acceptance of internship (the certificate should be in Chinese) or an "internship contract."
(6) Other application materials required by the Exit-Entry Administration Bureau according to specific circumstances.
20. Q: What should the international students of Beijing University of Technology do if they discover and confirm the loss of their passports?
A: After discovering and confirming the loss of a passport, international students must immediately follow the procedures below to minimize the loss.
(1) When the passport is found to be lost, report to the police immediately and issue a certificate of loss of property at the police station where the passport was lost;
(2) Go to the International Students Office to issue a certificate of enrollment;
(3) Issue a passport loss certificate at the Foreign Entry-Exit Management Team of Beijing Municipal Public Security Bureau;
(4) Go to the embassy or consulate of your country in China to reissue a new passport;
(5) After getting the new passport, get the "Registration Form of Temporary Residence";
Apply for the "Foreigner Visa and Residence Permit Application Form" at the International Exchange and Cooperation Office with your passport, "Registration Form of Temporary Residence", a two-inch photo, and visa fee within 10 days of obtaining a new passport, and go to the Beijing Municipal Public Security Bureau for entry and exit The management team applies for a new visa.
Update the "Registration Form of Temporary Accommodation" within 7 days after obtaining a new visa, and update the registration at the International Students Office with your passport and "Registration Form of Temporary Accommodation".
Students who renew their passports should apply for a new "Registration Form for Temporary Accommodation" with the new and old passports in time, and apply for changes at the International Exchange and Cooperation Office within 7 days of the issuance of the new passport, and go to the Beijing Municipal Public Security Bureau for foreigners The immigration management team handles passport change procedures, otherwise, it will be punished.
21. Q：Do all international students from Beijing University of Technology need to undergo a medical examination?
A: International students coming to China with X1 visas need to apply for residence permits and physical examinations after enrollment. Those who apply for a residence permit after enrolling with other types of visas are also required to undergo a physical examination. Students holding an X2 visa do not need a medical examination.
22. Q：What are the methods of physical examination for foreign students at Beijing University of Technology?
A: International students can choose one of the following two methods:
(1) Before coming to China, go to the hospital in your country for examination, fill in the items, and have the doctor sign and stamp. Bring the original checklist (including blood test report) with you when you come to China, and verify it at the Beijing International Travel Healthcare Center (Haidian Branch). After passing the certification, obtain a medical examination report; those who do not pass the certification also need to re-examine related items at the Beijing International Travel Health Care Center.
(2) After coming to China, take a physical examination at the Beijing International Travel Healthcare Center (Haidian Branch) and obtain a physical examination report.
23. Q：How do foreign students from Beijing University of Technology arrive at the school from the airport?
A: To arrive at Beijing University of Technology, there are three ways to choose:
(1) Take a taxi
For foreign students who are coming to Beijing for the first time, taking a taxi from Beijing Capital International Airport to Beijing University of Technology is a more convenient way. You can follow the airport signs and wait in line for a taxi. Regularly operating taxis have a uniform style and logo (top light and Beijing B license plate). To ensure personal safety and rights, do not ride in illegally operated "black cars".
Please tell the taxi driver "I want to go to the Beijing University of Technology International Student Dormitory". The taxi journey from the airport to Beijing University of Technology is about 35 kilometers and the fare is about 110 yuan (including the 10 yuan expressway fee). Please ask for an invoice before getting off the bus. Get off the bus and enter the International Student Dormitory of Beijing University of Technology.
(2) Take the airport bus
If you take the airport bus, Fangzhuang Line, you can reach the Panjiayuan area near Beijing University of Technology (the fare is about 30 yuan), and after getting off the bus, you can change to a taxi to Beijing University of Technology (about 20 yuan). The first airport bus to Fangzhuang is 7:00 and the last bus is 01:00.
(3) Take the subway
Students who choose to take the subway to Beijing University of Technology can refer to the following information: take the subway airport line to Sanyuanqiao Station, transfer to Metro Line 10 to Hujialou Station, then transfer to Metro Line 6 to Jintai Road Station, and then transfer to the subway Line 14 to Ximen Station of Beijing University of Technology.
24. Q：Under what circumstances will the international students of Beijing University of Technology be regarded as illegally staying?
A: Please always pay attention to the validity period of your visa or residence permit. Expired visas or residence certificates, no accommodation registration, or accommodation registration expired, are all regarded as illegal residences.
25. Q：What penalties will be imposed on Beijing University of Technology international students for illegal residence?
A: If you live in China illegally, you will be fined a minimum of 500 yuan per day and a maximum of 5,000 yuan per day. Those with serious circumstances will be required to leave China. Therefore, you must apply for extension 30 days before the expiration of your visa.