To encourage and support international students with excellent academic performance to study for a degree in our school, Beijing Normal University has established the "Beijing Normal University Freshman Scholarship for International Students". The application matters are as follows:
(1) The scope and duration of the scholarship
1. Exempt all tuition fees during the study period;
2. Provide living expenses during the school period (including accommodation subsidies, paid every month):
- Undergraduate: 2000 RMB/month
- Master's degree students: 2500 RMB/month
- Doctoral students: 3000 RMB/month
3. Provide comprehensive insurance for people coming to China;
4. The duration of the scholarship is the same as the student's school system (if the award-winning students extend their study period, they will no longer enjoy this scholarship. If the award-winning students suspend or withdraw from school, this scholarship will be canceled at the same time).
(2) Applicant qualifications
1. Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens, in good health, and friendly to China;
2. Applicants should be of good character, excellent grades, and meet the following conditions:
- Undergraduate students: those who rank in the top 3% of the entrance examination or obtain the qualifications for exemption and have excellent results;
- Master's degree candidates: excellent undergraduate grades, strong academic background, scientific research and innovation capabilities;
- Doctoral students: Excellent master's grades, strong academic background, scientific research, and innovation ability.
3. Applicants must be international students who have been admitted by our school and will start their academic education in the same year;
4. Applicants have not received any other types of scholarships, nor have they received any funding support from any government, department, or organization.
(3) Application materials
1. "Scholarship Application Form for International Students";
2. To apply for an undergraduate program, please apply online at http://apply.bnu.edu.cn/, print the application form, and submit the application materials specified in the brochure;
3. To apply for the postgraduate program, please apply online at http://apply.bnu.edu.cn/, print the application form, and submit the application materials specified in the brochure.
Note: Application materials will not be returned.
(4) Application deadline
Please refer to the latest admissions guidelines of Beijing Normal University.
(5) Annual comprehensive assessment
Students who are awarded the "Beijing Normal University Scholarship for Freshmen for Foreign Students" must participate in the annual comprehensive assessment of the scholarship in May each year to determine whether they are eligible to continue to enjoy the scholarship. Students who fail the annual assessment will be suspended for one year and will participate in the assessment again in the following year. Those who pass the assessment can regain scholarship support and participate in the next year's comprehensive assessment; those who fail the assessment will be disqualified for the scholarship.
(6) Contact information
103, Area A, Main Building, 19 Xinjiekouwai Street, Haidian District, Beijing, China
Admissions Office, Academic Affairs Department, Beijing Normal University
firstname.lastname@example.org (undergraduate project)
email@example.com (Graduate Program)