Confucius Institute Scholarship
(1) Funding target
1. Non-Chinese nationals;
2. Physical and mental health, good character, and learning;
3. Interested in engaging in Chinese education, teaching, and related work;
4. The age is 16-35 years old (unified on September 1, 2021). In-service Chinese teachers are relaxed to 45 years old.
(2) Scholarship categories and application requirements
1. First-grade trainee vocabulary training direction
With a score of 210 in the HSK test (Level 3), those who provide HSKK scores are preferred. Enrollment in September 2021, the funding period is 11 months. International students in China will not be admitted.
2. One-semester trainee Chinese International Education, Chinese Language and Literature
Have a score of 180 in the HSK test (Level 3) and an HSKK test score. Enrollment in September 2021 and March 2022, the funding period is 5 months. Those who have X1 and X2 visas in their passports are not admitted.
3. Four weeks of trainees Chinese language training, Chinese language + Chinese family experience direction
Have HSK scores. The recommending institution can organize a group to register, and contact the receiving institution in advance to determine the study plan in China, and submit it to the center for approval in advance. Each group has 10-15 people. Enrollment in July or December 2021, the funding period is 4 weeks. Those who have X1 and X2 visas in their passports are not admitted.
(3) Handling process
From March 1, 2021, applicants can log on to the International Chinese Teacher Scholarship Application Website (cis.Chinese.cn) to apply for the International Chinese Teacher Scholarship. Log in to the scholarship website to inquire about recommending institutions and receiving institutions; submit application materials online, pay attention to the application process, review opinions and scholarship review results; scholarship recipients and receiving institutions confirm the procedures for studying in China, and print the award certificate online; press the receiving institution Enter the journal at the time specified in the school admission notice.
If you are interested in studying in our school, please choose Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications as the host institution. Our school will review your enrollment qualifications and application materials. Those who pass will conduct an online interview, and the best candidates will be submitted to the Language Cooperation Center for pre-admission.
1. Deadline (subject to Beijing time):
- Enrollment in July: The deadline for student application is April 15th, and the deadline for review of recommending institutions and host institutions is April 25th;
- Enrollment in September: The deadline for student application is May 15th, and the deadline for review of recommending institutions and host institutions is May 25;
- Admission in December: The deadline for student application is September 15th, and the deadline for review by recommending institutions and host institutions is September 25;
- Admission in March 2022: The deadline for student application is November 15th, and the deadline for review of recommending institutions and receiving institutions is November 25th.
The center entrusts an expert group to conduct centralized evaluation: according to HSK and HSKK test scores and levels, taking into account factors such as country, the scholarship evaluation will be completed and the evaluation results will be announced about 3 months before enrollment.
2. List of application materials:
- Scanned copy of passport photo page
- Scanned copy of HSK, HSKK score report (valid for two years)
- Recommendation letter from the person in charge of the recommending agency
- In-service Chinese teachers must attach an in-service certificate and recommendation letter issued by the institution where they are employed;
- Applicants under the age of 18 must submit a certificate of entrustment signed by their guardian in China;
- Scanned copies of other supporting materials to prove the applicant's ability.
3. About the Chinese Bridge winners
Those who have won the 2021 "International Chinese Teacher Scholarship Certificate" in various Chinese Bridge competitions, please log on to the International Chinese Teacher Scholarship website and submit application materials to our school with the scholarship certificate. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
(4) Funding content and standards
The scholarship funding includes tuition, accommodation, living expenses (except for four-week study students), and comprehensive medical insurance.
1. The tuition fee is coordinated by the receiving institution for the cultivation and management of scholarship students, cultural activities, and organizing the participation of Chinese tests.
2. The accommodation fee is coordinated and used by the receiving institution to provide students with free dormitories, usually double rooms; those who choose off-campus accommodation after the scholarship application and the receiving institution’s approval, the school will issue accommodation fees on a monthly or quarterly basis, and scholarships for Chinese language training programs Birth is 700 yuan/month.
3. Living expenses are paid monthly by the receiving institution. The standard for research students for one academic year and one semester is 2500 RMB/month. Scholarship students will enter the journal at the time specified in the acceptance letter of the receiving institution, otherwise, the scholarship qualification will be canceled. Those who register before the 15th (including the 15th) of the month will receive the full living allowance of the month; those who register after the 15th will receive a half-month living allowance of the month. Scholarship students who leave China for more than 15 days due to personal reasons during their studies (excluding winter and summer vacations) will not be paid for their living expenses during their absence.
Scholarship students who suspend or drop out of school due to personal reasons, or receive disciplinary sanctions from the host institution, will be suspended from the payment of living expenses from the date of suspension, withdrawal, or receiving notice of sanctions. The living expenses of graduates (completion) will be paid half a month after the completion (completion) date determined by the school.
4. The comprehensive medical insurance premium shall be implemented by the relevant regulations of the Ministry of Education of China for studying in China and shall be purchased by the host colleges and universities. The standard for four-week trainees is 160 yuan/person, one-semester trainees are 400 yuan/person, and the standard for one academic year or more is 800 yuan/year/person.
1. For related professional training programs and teaching courses, please consult our school in advance;
2. Applicants must understand our school’s specific enrollment requirements and deadlines for registration, and submit application materials by relevant regulations;
3. Failure to register on time, failure to pass the entrance examination, dropout in the middle of school, suspension of scholarship, cancellation of scholarship qualifications.
(6) Contact information
International Chinese Training Center, School of Humanities, Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications
Address: No. 10 Yard, Fucheng Road, Haidian District, Beijing (100876)
Mobile phone: 18600544735 (Yeteacher) or 13718633616 (Teacher Li)