Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications-logo
Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications




1. Q: What kind of university is Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications?

A: Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications is a national key university directly under the Ministry of Education, jointly established by the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology, and the first batch of "211 Project" construction. It is a key university of the "985 Advantage Discipline Innovation Platform" project. A multidisciplinary, research-oriented university with characteristics, engineering disciplines as the main body, and coordinated development of engineering management, liberal arts, and sciences, is an important training base for IT talents in my country. In 2017, the two discipline groups "Information Network Science and Technology Discipline Group" and "Computer Science and Network Security Discipline Group" entered the ranks of first-class discipline construction.


2. Q: What is the school code of Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications?

A: 10013


3. Q: How many campuses do Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications currently have?

A: The school has two campuses, the Haidian campus, and the Changping campus.


4. Q: How can I get the latest information about Chinese government scholarships?

A: Visit the website of the China Scholarship Council to get the latest scholarship information. You can also directly obtain relevant information from Chinese embassies and consulates abroad and Chinese government scholarship institutions.


5. Q: Can the instructor's acceptance letter or e-mail and other materials be used as the pre-admission notice?

A: The pre-admission notice provided by the applicant must be the pre-admission notice issued by the admissions department of the school for international students in China. The acceptance letter, email, or other materials issued by the tutor or professor contacted by the applicant cannot be used as the school’s pre-admission notice. Proof of admission.


6. Q: Can applicants apply for multiple scholarship programs?

A: Yes, but if the applicant is recommended by multiple projects or schools, only one project or one school’s scholarship qualification will be retained.


7. Q: How to check the admission result of the scholarship?

A: Each scholarship program acceptance department will announce the final admission results before July 31 each year. Applicants can check the admission results with the scholarship program acceptance department they applied for.


8. Q: What materials are required to apply for the Chinese Government Scholarship?

A: Generally, the following materials are required:

  • "Chinese Government Scholarship Application Form" (filled in in Chinese or English);
  • Notarized highest degree certificate;
  • Study transcripts of the institution where you are studying before coming to China;
  • Study or research plan in China
  • Recommendation letter;
  • Students applying for music majors must submit CDs of their own works, students applying for fine arts majors must provide 2 sketches, 2 color paintings and 2 CDs of other works;
  • Under 18 years of age Applicants must submit relevant legal documents of their legal guardians in China;
  • Applicants who have studied in China for more than 6 months must submit a copy of the "Foreigner Physical Examination Form";
  • Pre-admission notice issued by the scholarship institution
  • f you have obtained the HSK score report, please also attach a copy to the application materials. All application materials are bound into a book (two volumes in one format) in the upper left corner in the order mentioned above. Application materials will not be returned.


9. Q: How to write the "study plan in China"?

A: Applicants can elaborate on the specific content or professional information they intend to study or research in China according to their own research fields and research directions. For applicants applying for postgraduate degrees or advanced studies, the "study plan in China" is very important and should be written carefully.


10. Q: Do I have to study in Chinese when applying for a Chinese Government Scholarship to study in China?

A: The details are as follows:

The language of instruction for undergraduates studying in China under the Chinese Government Scholarship is Chinese. Chinese government scholarship students who come to China to study for a bachelor's degree must take a one-year preparatory study at a designated preparatory college, and they can start their undergraduate professional study after passing the examination.

The teaching language for postgraduates and advanced students studying in China is generally Chinese, and some schools can provide English teaching for some majors. Scholarship students who choose to teach in Chinese and whose Chinese proficiency does not meet the professional learning requirements must participate in 1-2 academic years of Chinese learning, and can only start professional learning after meeting the admission requirements of the admission institution, otherwise, they will not be able to continue to study in China on the Chinese government scholarship. Among them: those who study science, engineering, agronomy, medicine (western medicine), economics, management, law and art, and the duration of Chinese study is one year; those who study literature, history, philosophy, and medicine (Chinese medicine, traditional Chinese medicine), The duration of Chinese study should not exceed 2 academic years. Scholarship students who choose to teach in English or whose Chinese proficiency has reached the professional learning requirements do not need to participate in Chinese tuition.


11. Q: Do international students in China need to register for accommodation?

A: Foreigners living in China should apply for accommodation registration within 24 hours after arriving in China. This can be done in cooperation with the student who is staying. In most cases, a registration form for temporary accommodation is required.

If you live on a BUPT campus, the university staff can help you fill out this type of form. However, if you live off-campus, you need to go to the local police station immediately. If you are renting a house, you need the landlord to help organize all relevant documents.

It is particularly important to note that if there is a change in the passport, visa, or address, you must reapply for accommodation registration within 10 days, otherwise it will be regarded as an illegal residence.


12. Q: What are the types of visas and residence permits for international students in China?

A: Types of visa and residence permit:

  •  X visa type

This type of visa will give you 30 days to report to your school’s international student office to apply for a residence permit. Before applying for a residence permit, students also need to apply for a health certificate at the Beijing Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Agency.


  • F and L visa types

The F visit and L tourist visas will clearly state the total number of days allowed on the visa itself. For example, if a user enters China with a 90-day F visa on August 25, 2011, the visa will be valid for 90 days to November 23, 2011.

The number of entries will be marked on the visa page of the F and L tourist visas, and the holder can enter multiple times. For example, for a two-entry visa, the holder can use the visa to enter China twice, and the valid days in China will be recalculated from the date of arrival in China.


  •  Residence permit

Students who have studied in China for more than one year need to apply for a residence permit. Once the student obtains this, then he or she can freely enter and exit China during the validity period of the permit.


13. Q: What should I do if I lose my passport as an international student in China?

A: Once you realize that you have lost your passport, you need to quickly follow the procedures below:

  • Report the loss at the local police station where you lost your passport first, and receive a loss report;
  • You also need to get a certificate from the International Students Office;
  • After receiving the report and certification, go to the Beijing Municipal Public Security Bureau to collect the lost passport documents.
  • Bring this passport loss certificate to your embassy to apply for a new passport.
  • To receive a new passport, apply first at the International Students Office within 10 days, then apply for a new visa or residence permit at the Exit-Entry Administration Department of Beijing Municipal Public Security Bureau, and update your accommodation registration at the local police station after receipt.


14. Q: What penalties will be imposed if you do not register for a stay?

A: If you do not have a visa, residence permit, or accommodation registration, or these have expired, then you will be regarded as an illegal "foreigner" according to Chinese law. Such status can lead to warnings, fines of 500 to 5,000 yuan, and even detention and deportation. Therefore, to avoid this situation, students should ensure that all these documents and permits are up to date.


15. Q: What are the application qualifications for language training programs?

A: Foreign friends, in good health, aged 18-65, interested in China and Chinese culture, and abiding by the laws and regulations of the People's Republic of China and the rules and regulations of Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications, can register.


16. Q: When is the application time for language training programs?

A: Fall semester (early September to end of December): Applications are accepted before the end of August.

Spring semester (early March to end of June): Applications are accepted before the end of February.


17. Q: Do I need to pay an application fee for language training programs? If you have to pay, how much is the registration fee?

A: The registration fee needs to be paid, and the registration fee is 500 yuan.


18. Q: How do I need to handle medical and insurance for international students in China?

A: When registering, pay the insurance fee to the International Students Office for unified processing.


19. Q: How is the library of Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications?

A: The library of Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications was founded in 1955. The library building currently in use was completed in 1986 with a construction area of 13,000 square meters. The main library can hold more than 1 million volumes of various documents. The collection has distinct characteristics of post and telecommunications and electronics, especially some of the world's prestigious telecommunications professional books and periodicals have a relatively complete collection, which can be called the first in the country. The existing library has 1.1 million volumes, including more than 3000 periodicals. In addition to printed books and periodicals, there are also a large number of electronic literature databases, including IEL, EI village, ITU, INSPEC, Wanfang database, Chinese science and technology journal database, China 17 databases including academic journals.


20. Q: What is the usual emergency number?

A: Common emergency call:

  • Police: 110
  • Medical emergency: 112 or 999
  • Fire alarm: 119
  • Beijing Post Police Telephone: 62281100
  • Traffic accident: 122

You can make free calls from any of the above telephones, such as IC card telephones, coin-operated telephones, 201 telephones, etc., and you can directly make emergency calls without inserting a card, coin-operating, or dialing a card number.


21. Q: How is the traffic in Beijing?

A: There are many bus lines around Beijing Post, making travel very convenient. However, due to the rapid development of the city in Beijing, the bus routes and stop signs often change, and this depends on your own observation and mastery.

To take a bus is to stand firm, and to wear a seat belt when taking a taxi, especially on highways, and to pay more attention to traffic safety. Particular attention should be paid to keeping the documents and belongings brought with you when riding the bus, so as not to lose them.

You can check the specific route taken by each bus on the website of Beijing Public Transport, which can also check travel routes in Beijing.

Beijing Bus Network:

Motorcycles are prohibited on the campus of Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications.



Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on Wechat