Chinese Government Scholarship
1. Values of Scholarship
Exempt from registration fee, tuition fee, fee for laboratory experiment, fee for internship, and fee for basic learning materials, and accommodation fee for dormitory on campus;
One-off settlement subsidy after registration for the new student;
Fee for Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Protection Scheme for International Students in China.
1) Costs of the laboratory experiment or internship beyond the university’s arrangements should be self-afforded.
2) Fee for learning materials shall be self-afforded.
3) Monthly living allowance is granted to the students through the host institution at the following rates (CNY Yuan per month):
Master's degree students: 3,000 Yuan
Doctoral degree students: 3,500 Yuan
Scholarship students shall receive their monthly living allowance after registration. New students who register before the 15th (15th included) of the registration month will get the full amount of the living allowance of that
month, and those who register after the 15th will get half amount. The graduates will get a living allowance for another 15 days after the graduation date set by the university. The allowance will be terminated from the next
month after students suspend their studies, drop school, or complete schooling at the university. The monthly living allowance covers school holidays. Scholarship students who missed the monthly living allowance during
holidays could be reimbursed upon return on campus. The allowance will be suspended for at least one month if students do not register on time without permission from the university in advance, leave for non-health
reasons or are absent from the university for over a month.
Students who have to suspend their studies for pregnancy or health reasons should go back to their home countries for labor or treatment. The international travel expenses should be covered by the students
themselves. With the university’s approval, the scholarship status can be reserved for up to one year, and their living allowances will be suspended during their leave. The scholarship status will not be reserved for those
who suspend their studies for other reasons.
4) New students will get a one-off settlement subsidy upon their arrival in China.
1,500 Yuan for new students who will study in China for one academic year and above
5) Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Protection Scheme for International Students in China is provided by MOE for the scholarship students in China against hospitalizing for serious diseases and accidental injuries. The
institutions or the appointed medical assistance agencies provide advancement services for insurance expenses and claim for compensation with relevant payment receipts from the insurance company according to the
stipulated insurance articles. For scholarship students, the individual claim will not be accepted by the insurance company.
6) International travel expenses: self-afforded.
2. Instruction Language and Programs
i. Instruction language is English.
(1) Microbiology *
(2) Biochemistry and Molecular Biology *
(4) Bioinformatics *
(5) Agroecology *
(6) Protected Agriculture and Ecological Engineering *
(7) Agricultural Meteorology and Climate Change*
(8) Regional Development *
(9) Agricultural Water-Soil Engineering *
(10) Agricultural Bio-environment and Energy Engineering
(11) Food Science
(12) Processing and Storage of Agricultural Products
(13) Crop Cultivation and Farming System *
(14) Crop Genetics and Breeding *
(15) Crop Germplasm Resources *
(16) Agro-products Quality and Food Safety *
(17) Medicinal Plant Resources*
(18) Agro-products Processing and Utilization *
(19) Pomology *
(20) Vegetable Science *
(21) Tea Science *
(22) Ornamental Horticulture *
(23) Soil Science *
(24) Plant Nutrition*
(25) Agricultural Water Resource and its Environment *
(26) Agricultural Remote Sensing*
(27) Agricultural Environmental Science *
(28) Plant Pathology *
(29) Agricultural Entomology and Pest Control *
(30) Pesticide Science *
(31) Weed Science *
(32) Invasion Biology *
(33) GMO Safety *
(34) Biological Control *
(35) Animal Genetics, Breeding and Reproduction *
(36) Animal Nutrition and Feed Science *
(37) Special Animals Rearing (including Silkworm, Honeybees, etc) *
(38) Environmental Science & Engineering of Livestock and Poultry*
(39) Preventive Veterinary Science *
(40) Chinese Traditional Veterinary Science *
(41) Veterinary Pharmaceutics *
(42) Utilization and Conservation of Grassland Resource *
(43) Forage Genetics, Breeding and Seed Science *
(44) Forage Production and Utilization *
(45) Agricultural Economics & Management *
(46) International Agricultural Trade *
(47) Agricultural Information Management *
(48) Agricultural Information Analytics *
* Ph. D Programs
(1) Applicants must be non-Chinese nationals.
(2) Applicants must be in good health.
(3) Education background and age limit as below:
- Applicants for a Master's degree must have Bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35.
- Applicants for the Ph.D. degree must have a Master's degree and be under the age of 40.
- Visiting scholars must have completed at least two years of undergraduate studies and be under the age of 45.
- Senior visiting scholars must have a Master's or higher degree or hold academic titles of associate professor or higher, and be under the age of 50.
Applicants shall apply to the Graduate School of CAAS before May 31 or apply to Chinese diplomatic missions or dispatching authorities between January and April every year. Applicants may contact the above authorities for application details. Visiting scholars could apply all year round.
5. Application Documents
(1) Application Form for Study in CAAS.
(2) Highest diploma (notarized photocopy).
(3) Academic transcripts of the most advanced studies (notarized photocopy).
(4) Two reference letters from at least two Associate Professors or experts with equal titles in related fields.
(5) A study or research plan (no less than 400 words for visiting study, no less than 500 words for postgraduates).
(6) List of publications.
If any of these documents are written in a language other than English or Chinese, an official certified translation of the document must be included.
(7) Verification of current employer or working unit.
6. Approval and Notification
The Graduate School of CAAS will review all the application materials and send the Admission Notice and Visa Application Form for Study In China (Form JW201) to the qualified applicants by July 31.
The application will be considered invalid and will not be processed if the applicants are not qualified or the application materials are inconsistent with the recruitment regulations or are incomplete.
7. Visa Application
International students should apply for X to study in China at the Chinese embassy or consulate-general with the original documents and one set of photocopies of the Admission Notice, Visa Application for Study In China (Form JW201), and Foreigner Physical Examination Form (original copay and photocopy) and valid ordinary passport.
Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. The medical examination results are valid only for six months. All applicants are kindly requested to consider this factor while determining the time to take the medical examination.
International students must register with the Graduate School of CAAS at the time specified in the Admission Notice along with the above-mentioned documents for Visa. Those who are unable to register on time must seek written permission from the Graduate School of CAAS in advance.
9. Expenses (RMB)
(1) Application fee
Master Student / Ph.D. Student: 600 Yuan/person
Visiting scholar/Senior Visiting scholar: 400 Yuan/person
Master Student / Visiting scholar: 30,000 Yuan/person/year
Ph.D. Student /Senior Visiting scholar: 40,000 Yuan/person/year
The yearly tuition must be paid at the beginning of each academic year.
(3) Other Expenses
Self-support international students are responsible for their own accommodations, food, medical, insurance, and study materials, etc. associated with their study in the Graduate School of CAAS.
Students with Scholarships will follow the terms specified in the Scholarship Program.
10. Contact Information
Address: International Education Office
The Graduate School of Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences
12 Zhongguancun South Street 100081
Beijing, P.R. China