Beijing Scholarship for Foreign Students (BGS)
The basic situation of the project
The Foreign Students Office of China Foreign Affairs University is responsible for accepting applications for this scholarship from foreign students who intend to study or are studying at China Foreign Affairs University and organize the review.
The scholarship is mainly used to subsidize international Ph.D. students, master's students, and undergraduate students.
BGS Scholarship Management Rules
1. Applicants must be self-financing foreign students. International students who have received Chinese government scholarships or other types of funding cannot apply for BGS scholarships.
2. BGS only provides tuition fees for the award-winning international students, which are divided into first prize (full amount) and second prize (half amount). The specific award results will be determined by the International Students Office based
on the departments, recommendations, and scholarship applications.
3. The scholarship is applied annually. According to the relevant regulations of the Beijing Municipal Education Commission, international students who have been approved for one academic year who wish to continue to receive the scholarship must undergo an annual scholarship review or reapply every year to determine whether to continue to provide them with scholarships and scholarships for the next academic year quota.
The application time and method for the next year will be notified separately.
4. If you suspend school due to illness, in principle, the scholarship won will not be retained until the next academic year.
5. The credit points of undergraduates and old students already in school should be above 1.8 to be eligible to apply for the BGS scholarship. There is no such requirement for newly admitted undergraduates and postgraduates.
Scholarship selection rules
1. In strict accordance with the requirements of the Beijing Foreign Student Scholarship Program, the selection is conducted under the principle of "openness, fairness, and fairness".
2. The scholarship is mainly used to fund doctoral, master, and undergraduate international students.
3. Only the tuition fees of the award-winning international students are provided, divided into first prize (full amount) and second prize (half amount). The specific amount is as follows:
(1) Doctoral scholarship: full prize of 32,000 yuan/person/academic year, half prize of 16,000 yuan/person/academic year.
(2) Scholarships for master students:
Master's degree taught in English: full prize of RMB 30,000/person/academic year, the half prize of RMB 15,000/person/academic year.
Master's degree taught in Chinese: full prize of RMB 25,000/person/academic year, the half prize of RMB 12,500/person/academic year.
(3) Undergraduate scholarship: full prize 24,000 yuan/person/academic year, half prize 12,000 yuan/person/academic year.
(4) Scholarships for long-term general advanced students, language students, and inter-school exchange students: 5,000 yuan-10,000 yuan/person/academic year.
4. Basis for selection of scholarships:
The undergraduate students are ranked according to the current credit points, and the master and doctoral students are ranked according to the final exam results of the previous school year. At the same time, refer to the comprehensive performance of the students, such as class attendance, participation in various activities, competition awards, etc.
Freshmen are ranked according to the results of the entrance examination, with reference to participation in important activities and competition awards within a year.
Note: The rankings are all conducted within the same level and the same profession.
5. Scholarships are applied and selected year by year, and scholarships for only one year are awarded each time. Re-application and selection will be required next year.
6. If you suspend school due to illness, the scholarship won will not be retained until the next academic year. After the award is awarded, the school will be punished or even sanctioned by the law, the scholarship already obtained will be canceled and the corresponding tuition fee must be paid.
Application qualifications and application methods
1. Applicants must be self-financing foreign students. International students who have received Chinese government scholarships or other types of funding cannot apply for this scholarship. Students who have been punished during the year cannot apply.
2. Self-financed foreign students who apply to study in China Foreign Affairs University (for registration conditions and requirements, please refer to the "Enrollment Guide for Foreign Students of China Foreign Affairs University"), need to fill in the "Beijing Foreign Student Scholarship Application Form" together with the relevant award certificates and proof of participation in important activities. Submit to the relationship/department.
3. Self-financed foreign students in the school who have a GPA of 1.8 or higher are regarded as scholarship applicants. They do not need to apply for it by themselves, but they need to provide their current transcripts, various award certificates within one year, and proof of participation in important activities as participation The selection basis shall be handed over to the department/department.
Every year, the scholarship review time will be determined by the International Students Office according to the funding allocation of the year and the time for the announcement of student results.
Scholarship selection procedure:
1. The International Students Office of the College will formulate a detailed scholarship fund allocation plan for the year based on the number of funds allocated by the Municipal Education Commission, the amount of supporting funds of the school, and the college's international student enrollment and training plan.
2. Each department/department summarizes the application materials of the department/department, proposes recommendations for the department/department according to the funding allocation plan and selection rules of the year, and submits them to the International Students Office of the Foreign Affairs Office.
3. The International Students Office summarizes the opinions of each department/department, proposes a general plan for the winner, and submits it to the relationship/department, the finance department, and the leadership of the college for approval.
4. An award ceremony will be held and honor certificates and scholarships will be awarded.