General Scholar Program
One. The major and academic system
Diplomacy, International Law, International Economics and Trade, International Relations (Taught in English).
(2) Educational system:
Normally, the duration of study at school is one year, and you can apply for an extension as appropriate.
Enrollment starts in September each year, and each academic year is divided into two semesters. The fall semester is from September to January of the following year, and the spring semester is from March to July. After enrollment, they will study according to their respective further study plans. After completing their studies and passing the grades, they will be issued corresponding certificates of completion.
(3) Teaching arrangements:
Each year is divided into two semesters, the fall semester is from September to January of the following year, and the spring semester is from March to July.
After enrolling in general professional advanced students, they can choose 8-20 hours of business class per week according to the course selection table provided by each major, and insert them into the class of Chinese students as auditors. They do not need to take the exam. After the study is over, they will be issued a study certificate.
According to the teaching plan, the school organizes students to visit museums, visit places of interest and historical sites, and watch cultural programs to improve students' practical language ability.
Two. Registration conditions, time, and requirements
(1) Registration conditions:
1. High school education or above;
2. According to the teaching language of the major you are studying, you must have obtained the Chinese Proficiency Test (HSK) level 6 before 2009, the new HSK Level 5 or above, or have reached this level in Chinese, or have a good English proficiency.
(2) Application time:
March 1st-May 1st (for the fall semester applying for admission in September), October 1st-December 10th (for the spring semester applying for admission in March of the following year)
(3) Application procedure:
1. Log on to the website of the International Students Office of China Foreign Affairs University (http://iss.cfau.edu.cn/) for enrollment information, and enter your personal application information in the "Study in China Online Application" column of the website before April 1. The Office of Foreign Affairs University will review the applications submitted online by the applicants.
2. After the online review is passed, the applicant will print out the "Application Form for Foreign Students Studying at China Foreign Affairs University" automatically generated by the system and sign it.
3. The following application materials should be handed in person or mailed to the International Students Office of China Foreign Affairs University (Zhanjiang Road Campus). In addition to the "Application Form for Foreign Students Admission to China Foreign Affairs University" and "Guarantor Letter for China Affairs", electronic versions of the rest of the materials should be prepared. File, upload it when you apply on the website.
1) "Application Form for Foreign Students Admission to China Foreign Affairs University"
2) Copy of my passport
3) "Guarantor Letter of Guarantee for Affairs in China", the guarantor must have a fixed occupation and fixed residence in China. (For applicants under the age of 18, relatives and friends in Beijing entrusted by their parents as the guardian of the applicant, and the guardian’s entrusted notarization shall be handled.)
4) Final academic certificate
5) 4 passport photos without headgear on the front
6) Copy of HSK certificate (submit as required)
8) Statement of learning purpose (within 500 words)
9) Those who have already studied in a Chinese school must provide a copy of their visa or residence permit in China, as well as a transfer consent letter (stamped with official seal) from the International Student Office of the original university.
(1) On-campus accommodation:
1. International Exchange Center on Zhanjiang Road Campus
Hotel-style management, centralized heating, and automatic fire alarm system installed. Each suite has its own bathroom, and hot water is provided 24 hours a day. Each room is equipped with air conditioning, cable TV (can watch CNN and other channels), desk, book kitchen, telephone, etc. On each floor, there is also a communal kitchen for international students who can cook and eat by themselves. If you need to use the Internet, buy long-distance calling cards, send faxes, laundry, etc., you can contact the front desk of the International Exchange Center.
For relevant management regulations, please refer to "Regulations on Accommodation Management of the International Exchange Center.
The International Exchange Center cannot book rooms in advance. Due to limited rooms, it is recommended that freshmen check-in at school in advance to avoid being out of rooms.
2. "Reception Center" of Shahe Campus:
There are separate toilets in the rooms, and hot water for bathing is provided from 15:00-22:00 every day. The room is equipped with air-conditioning, internet socket, cable TV signal (self-equipped TV), desk, bookcase, wardrobe, single bed, and an open balcony for drying clothes.
There are public water dispensers, refrigerators, fully automatic washing machines on each floor, no telephones, and no uniform bedding.
Foreign students staying in the "Reception Center" are equivalent to the management of Chinese students. For details, please refer to the "Interim Regulations on the Safety Management of Foreign Students in the Shahe Campus of China Foreign Affairs University".
The "Reception Center" of Shahe Campus can reserve beds, but the selected room type cannot be guaranteed.
(2) Off-campus accommodation
Students can rent a house off-campus or live in a hotel by themselves, so please be sure to pay attention to the safety of your living environment. According to the "Detailed Rules for the Implementation of the Law of the People's Republic of China on the Administration of the Entry and Exit of Foreigners", within 24 hours after arriving in China or changing the address of the accommodation, you must register for temporary accommodation at the police station where you are staying (except hotels), and submit a copy of the accommodation registration to the international student office filing. If you violate the regulations and fail to register for accommodation, the public security organ will impose a warning or a fine of less than 2,000 yuan in accordance with the law.
Four. The cost standard
(1) Registration fee:
It is paid at the time of on-site registration; if it is not on-site registration, but the registration materials are mailed, please do not mail the registration fee at the same time. The registration fee will be paid when taking the entrance exam.
The registration fee is non-refundable.
New students pay when they start their journals, and old students pay at the end of the previous academic year.
If you transfer or withdraw halfway, two weeks or less after the start of the course: 80% of the tuition fee will be refunded; two to four weeks: 60% of the tuition fee will be refunded; tuition paid for more than four weeks will not be refunded.
(3) Insurance premium:
The tuition is paid at the same time, that is, the new students pay when they start the journal, and the old students pay at the end of the previous academic year.
(According to the regulations of the Ministry of Education of China, international students in China must purchase medical insurance in China. Purchase the medical insurance provided by Ping An Insurance Company of China at the registration office. For those who have not purchased the required medical insurance, the school will not go through the registration procedures. )
Insurance premiums are non-refundable.
(4) Accommodation fee:
1. International Exchange Center on Zhanhan Road Campus: 150 yuan/person/day for a double room (price for the spring semester of 2014)
You need to apply to the stay office in advance, and you can check-in only after approval. The accommodation fee is settled on a monthly basis and is paid at check-in. The accommodation fee for the next month needs to be renewed one week in advance.
2. "Student Apartment" on Shahe Campus:
Single room (14 square meters): 80 yuan/person/day;
Suite 1 (30 square meters): inner house (1 person) 80 yuan/person/day, outhouse (1 person) 80 yuan/person/day;
Suite 2 (30 square meters): inner house (1 person) 60 yuan/person/day, outhouse (2 persons) 50 yuan/person/day;
The accommodation fee is paid at check-in, and the accommodation fee for the next semester must be renewed at the end of the semester. The payment will be made by the semester, and no refund will be given for halfway check-out. Share campus is closed during winter and summer vacations and no accommodation is provided.
Five. Contact us
(1) Zhanhan Road Campus:
Phone: 86-10-68323894, 68323341, 68323348
Fax: 86-10-68323243, 86-10-68348664
Mailing address: International Students Office, China Foreign Affairs University, 24 Zhanhan Road, Xicheng District, Beijing, China
Post Code: 100037
(2) Shahe Campus:
Telephone and fax: 86-10-81754717
Mailing address: Room 131, Building A, China Foreign Affairs University, Higher Education Park, Changping District, Beijing, China
Post Code: 102206