One. Major, school system, and class location
Diplomacy, English, Japanese, French, International Economics and Trade, Finance, Law (International Law), Translation Studies
(2) Educational system: four years
Enrollment starts in September each year, and each academic year is divided into two semesters. The fall semester is from September to January of the following year, and the spring semester is from March to July. After enrollment, study according to the teaching plan of each major. After completing your studies, a graduation certificate and corresponding bachelor's degree certificate will be issued.
(3) Class location:
The first to third grades are on the Shahe campus, and the fourth grade is on the Zhanzhan Road campus.
Two. Registration conditions, time, and requirements
(1) Registration conditions:
1. High school graduation
2. Those who have obtained the Chinese Proficiency Test (HSK) level 5 before 2009, the new HSK Level 4 or above, or have reached this level in Chinese.
3. Good health, below 45 years old.
(2) Application time:
March 1st-May 1st.
(3) Application procedure:
1. Log on to the website of the International Students Office of China Foreign Affairs University (http://iss.cfau.edu.cn/) for enrollment information, and enter your personal application information in the "Study in China Online Application" column of the website before April 1. And upload the electronic version of the relevant materials according to the requirements of the website. The Office of Foreign Affairs University will review the applications submitted online by the applicants.
2. After the online application is approved, the applicant will print out and sign the "Application Form for Foreign Students Studying at the Foreign Affairs University of China" and the "Guarantor Letter for China Affairs" automatically generated by the system.
3. Submit the following application materials in person or by mail to the International Students Office of China Foreign Affairs University (Zhanjiang Road Campus):
1) "Application Form for Foreign Students Admission to China Foreign Affairs University"
2) A copy of your passport and a copy of the guarantor's passport (ID card)
3) "Guarantor Letter of Guarantee for Affairs in China", the guarantor must have a fixed occupation and fixed residence in China. (For applicants under the age of 18, their guardian’s relatives and friends in Beijing shall be the applicant’s guardian in China, and the guardian’s entrusted notarization shall be processed.)
4) Final academic certificate and transcript
5) 4 passport photos without headgear on the front
6) Copy of HSK certificate
7) Statement of learning purpose (written in Chinese, within 500 words)
8) Those who have already studied in a Chinese school must provide a copy of their visa or residence permit in China, as well as a transfer consent letter (stamped with official seal) from the International Student Office of the original university.
Three. Entrance Examination
Exam time: the end of May or the beginning of June each year.
Exam location: Zhanjiang Road Campus of China Foreign Affairs University
Examination method: admission interview, written examination.
Test content: Chinese (written test), major (interview);
Students can decide on on-campus accommodation or off-campus accommodation.
(1) On-campus accommodation:
Students in the first to third grades can apply to live in the Shahe campus, and the fourth-grade students can apply to live in the Zhanjiang Road campus. They cannot live across campuses.
1. International Exchange Center on Zhanjiang Road Campus
Brief introduction of the International Exchange Center: Each suite has an independent bathroom, and hot water is provided 24 hours a day. Each room is equipped with air conditioning, cable TV (can watch CNN and other channels), desk, book kitchen, telephone, etc. Central heating is installed with an automatic fire alarm system. On each floor, there is also a communal kitchen for international students who can cook and eat by themselves. If you need to use the Internet, buy long-distance calling cards, send faxes, laundry, etc., you can contact the front desk of the International Exchange Center.
For relevant management regulations, please refer to "Regulations on Accommodation Management of the International Exchange Center.
The International Exchange Center cannot reserve rooms in advance.
2. "Reception Center" of Shahe Campus:
There are separate toilets in the rooms, and hot water for bathing is provided from 15:00-22:00 every day. The room is equipped with air-conditioning, internet socket, cable TV signal (self-equipped TV), desk, bookcase, wardrobe, single bed, and an open balcony for drying clothes.
There are public water dispensers, refrigerators, fully automatic washing machines on each floor, no telephones, and no uniform bedding.
Foreign students staying in the "Reception Center" are equivalent to the management of Chinese students. For details, please refer to the "Interim Regulations on the Safety Management of Foreign Students in the Shahe Campus of China Foreign Affairs University".
The "Reception Center" of Shahe Campus can reserve beds, but the selected room type cannot be guaranteed.
(2) Off-campus accommodation
Students can rent a house off-campus or live in a hotel by themselves, so please be sure to pay attention to the safety of your living environment. According to the "Detailed Rules for the Implementation of the Law of the People's Republic of China on the Administration of the Entry and Exit of Foreigners", within 24 hours after arriving in China or changing the address of the accommodation, you must register for temporary accommodation at the police station where you are staying (except hotels), and submit a copy of the accommodation registration to the international student office filing. If you violate the regulations and fail to register for accommodation, the public security organ will impose a warning or a fine of less than 2,000 yuan in accordance with the law.
Five. Fee standard
(1) Registration fee:
It is paid at the time of on-site registration; if it is not on-site registration, but the registration materials are mailed, please do not mail the registration fee at the same time. The registration fee will be paid when taking the entrance exam.
The registration fee is non-refundable.
New students pay when they start their journals, and old students pay at the end of the previous academic year.
If you transfer or withdraw halfway, two weeks or less after the start of the course: 80% of the tuition fee will be refunded; two to four weeks: 60% of the tuition fee will be refunded; tuition paid for more than four weeks will not be refunded.
(3) Insurance premium:
The tuition is paid at the same time, that is, the new students pay when they start the journal, and the old students pay at the end of the previous academic year.
(According to the regulations of the Ministry of Education of China, international students in China must purchase medical insurance in China. The Foreign Affairs University uniformly purchases accidental injury and medical insurance from Ping An Insurance Company of China for international students. For students who have not paid the insurance premiums, the school will not go through the registration procedures .)
(4) Accommodation fee:
1. International Exchange Center on Zhanjiang Road Campus: 150 yuan/person/day for double rooms (120 yuan/person/day paid by the semester)
The accommodation fee is paid at check-in, and the accommodation fee needs to be renewed one week in advance. If the payment is made by the semester, there will be no refund for a halfway check-out.
2. "Student Apartment" on Shahe Campus:
Single room (14 square meters): 80 yuan/person/day;
Suite 1 (30 square meters): inner house (1 person) 80 yuan/person/day, outhouse (1 person) 80 yuan/person/day;
Suite 2 (30 square meters): inner house (1 person) 60 yuan/person/day, outhouse (2 persons) 50 yuan/person/day;
The accommodation fee is paid at check-in, and the accommodation fee for the next semester must be renewed at the end of the semester. The payment will be made by the semester, and no refund will be given for halfway check-out. Share campus is closed during winter and summer vacations and no accommodation is provided.
Six. Contact us
(1) Zhanhan Road Campus:
Phone: 86-10-68323894, 68323341, 68323348
Fax: 86-10-68323243, 86-10-68348664
Mailing address: International Students Office, China Foreign Affairs University, 24 Zhanhan Road, Xicheng District, Beijing, China
Post Code: 100037
(2) Shahe Campus:
Telephone and fax: 86-10-81754717
Mailing address: Room 131, Building A, China Foreign Affairs University, Higher Education Park, Changping District, Beijing, China
Post Code: 102206