Capital Normal University-logo
Capital Normal University




1. Q: What kind of university is Capital Normal University?

A: Capital Normal University was established in 1954, and its history can be traced back to Tongzhou Normal University, which was established in 1905. It is a national "double first-class" university and a university "co-constructed" by Beijing and the Ministry of Education. The school’s existing disciplines cover liberal arts, sciences, engineering, management, law, education, foreign languages, art, etc. It has trained more than 200,000 senior professionals of various types for more than 60 years, and it is an important base for talent training in Beijing.


2. Q: What is the school code of Capital Normal University?

A: 10028


3. Q: How to book a dormitory?

A: The number of double rooms in the dormitory is sufficient, and there is no need to book in advance. You can check-in directly with the admission notice when you enroll. Single and quadruple dormitories are relatively rare and cannot be booked in advance. The principle of first-come, first-served is adopted.


4. Q: When is the deadline for registration?

A: The application deadlines for Chinese language students and Chinese language undergraduates for the spring and autumn semesters are December 31 and June 30 respectively, but it is best to register at least 2 months before the start of the semester so that we have enough time to process and send Send admission notice and JW202 form. Other majors need to apply before the end of June each year to organize interviews or written examinations.


5. Q: How to pay the registration fee?

A: The registration fee for Chinese language students and undergraduates is 450 yuan; the registration fee for master's and doctoral degrees is 800 yuan.

Please pay in the online registration system, and you can pay after the initial review of the materials. Both China UnionPay card and VISA/MASTER card are acceptable.

If it is inconvenient to pay online, you can also pay at the International Student Admissions Office.

If you wish to send the JW202 Form and Admission Notice by courier, please inform us of the mailing address in advance. We will calculate and inform the courier fee, which can be paid together with the tuition when the school starts.


6. Q: What do I need to prepare before entering the journal?

A: Before going through the enrollment procedures, freshmen can go to the dormitory to check in with the admission notice and then go to the International Students Office to complete the enrollment procedures.

Materials required for registration:

  • passport
  • Admission Letter
  • JW202 Form
  • 3 2-inch white background ID photos
  • If the study time is more than one year (including one year), a "Registration Form for Temporary Accommodation" is required. International students living on campus can apply for this form at the front desk of the dormitory, and those living off-campus need to apply for this form at the local police station.
  • If you study for more than one year (including one year), you need to submit a physical examination report. If you do not have a physical examination report, you can go to the hospital for a physical examination with the detention office teacher after the opening of the journal.


Please prepare all materials in advance so as not to delay the registration time.


7. Q: What is the registration process?

A: The registration process is as follows:

  • Data review
  • Pay the fee
  • purchase insurance
  • Collect photos
  • Visa
  • Class arrangement


If you have any questions on the day of registration, please feel free to ask the remaining teachers and volunteer students present.


8. Q: Do international students have to purchase insurance?

A: According to regulations, international students in China must purchase comprehensive medical insurance for those coming to China.


9. Q: What is the validity period of the study visa?

A: Depending on the duration of the study, applicants can apply for X2 visa (short-term study) and X1 visa (long-term study) entry at the Chinese Embassy. X2 visa is generally valid for 30-180 days. If the visa validity period can cover your study period, you do not need to change your visa after coming to China. X1 visa holders must switch to a residence permit within 30 days after entering the country.

If the X2 visa is not valid enough to cover your study period, you can apply for a visa extension or change to a residence permit after entering the country.

The residence permit is a multiple-entry visa, which can be valid for 6 months or 1 year depending on the payment of tuition fees.

Note: The International Student Management Office has dedicated teachers to help students with visas. When applying for an X1 visa and X2 visa, we need to apply for and send you JW202 Form (visa application form for foreign students studying in China) and Admission Letter.

If you have questions about visas, please call Teacher Fu: +86-10-68902025 (Korean/English/Chinese)


10. Q: How much is the visa fee?

A: Depending on the type of visa, the visa fee varies from 160 yuan, 312 yuan, 400 yuan, or 956 yuan. For specific fees, please consult the teacher in the International Student Management Office.


11.Q: Can self-financed international students get scholarships?

A: Yes. Self-financed international students have the opportunity to obtain the Beijing Municipal Government Scholarship for International Students under the premise of abiding by the law and excellent studies.

All foreign students who apply for a degree in our school, including undergraduates, masters, and doctoral degrees, can receive scholarships for freshmen without tuition fees after being approved by the admissions department.

Scholarships (including undergraduates, postgraduates, and doctoral students) who have registered with me to pay tuition fees can also receive scholarships, which are divided into three levels: the first-class scholarship is free of tuition; the second-class scholarship is half-free; the third-class scholarship Won the encouragement award.

Non-degree students who register in my formal tuition payment also have the opportunity to obtain scholarships. Among them, half of the tuition fee is exempted for the first-class scholarship; one-quarter of the tuition fee for the second-class scholarship is exempted, and the third-class scholarship is awarded encouragement awards. (The final interpretation of the Capital Normal University Scholarship Policy for International Students belongs to the International Cultural Institute)

In addition, Capital Normal University is approved by the education to accept the "Chinese Government Scholarship Students" and "International Chinese Teacher Scholarship Students" and the website of the Sino-foreign Language Cooperation and Exchange Center.

For other detailed information about the scholarship, please call the International Students Office. Chinese Government Scholarship: +86-10-68902796 (English/Chinese); Confucius Institute Scholarship: +86-10-68902651 (Chinese/Korean); Beijing Municipal Government International Students Scholarship: +86-10-68902025 (Korean/Chinese).


12. Q: What is the tuition fee for a year of Chinese language trainees?

A: According to the Chinese language training program fee standard, the tuition fee for one semester is 9,800 yuan, and the tuition fee for one year (two semesters) is 19,600 yuan. However, through studying hard and complying with school rules and Chinese laws, international students have the opportunity to obtain Beijing Municipal Government Scholarships. The annual award rate of our school’s international students is about 70%.


13. Q: Is the dormitory limited to international students only? Can I bring friends to stay with?

A: According to international student management regulations, dormitories are limited to international students officially registered with the school.


14. Q: How many classes do you have in a week?

A: There are five days of classes a week, from Monday to Friday. Class hours are generally 8:30 to 11:50 in the morning, with breaks between 10:00 and 10:20.


15. Q: Are there any part-time job opportunities for international students in China?

A: International students have the opportunity to work and study on campus.


16. Q: Can I live off-campus?

A: International students can live off-campus, but they must go to the police station to register their accommodation by themselves.


17. Q: What is the approximate cost of living in one month?

A: The cost of living depends on the specific situation. If you live on campus, the accommodation fee is about 9,000 yuan per semester, and the school cafeteria meals cost about 800 yuan per month. If you travel on weekends or holidays, the various expenses will be relatively more.


18. Q: Can I apply for the spring semester?

A: Yes. The Department of Chinese Language Studies and the Department of Advanced Chinese Studies of the School of International Culture enroll international students in both the spring and autumn semesters. The application deadline for the spring semester is December 31, and the application deadline for the fall semester is June 30. If you apply for other majors, you can only enroll in the fall semester.


19. Q: Does the applicant have language requirements?

A: There are no language requirements to apply for the Chinese language program. You can start from a zero foundation. The Chinese language program is divided into 7 grades according to the students' Chinese proficiency: Elementary A, Elementary B, Elementary C, Intermediate A, Intermediate B, Intermediate C, and Advanced A. The deadline for registration for the spring semester is December 31, and the deadline for registration for the fall semester is June 30.

To apply for a Chinese undergraduate program, you must reach HSK Level 3, and the deadline for application is the same as above. Applicants for another undergraduate, postgraduate, or doctoral majors of Capital Normal University need to reach HSK level 5. Some majors can be taught in English. Applicants need to provide international English test scores such as TOEFL or IELTS.


20. Q: Can you briefly introduce the courses of the Chinese training program?

A: The Chinese language training program is about 20 class hours a week, including basic Chinese oral, listening, writing, and grammar courses.

If you enter the upper grades, there will be courses in contemporary Chinese society, Chinese culture, newspaper reading, Chinese history, and business Chinese.


21. Q: What is the contact information of Capital Normal University?

A: You can send emails, call or visit. We will do our best to help.



+86-10-68902651 (Chinese/Korean)

+86-10-68902796 (English/Chinese)

Fax: +86-10-68416837

Address: No. 83 West Third Ring North Road, Haidian District, Beijing


22. Q: What are the office hours of Capital Normal University?

A: Office hours: Monday to Friday 8:30-11:30; 13:30-17:00


Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on Wechat