Independent enrollment program
Founded in 1954, Capital Normal University is a national "double first-class" construction university and a university "co-built" by Beijing and the Ministry of Education. The school’s existing disciplines cover liberal arts, sciences, engineering, management, law, education, foreign languages, art, etc. It has trained more than 200,000 senior professionals of various types for more than 60 years, and it is an important base for talent training in Beijing. The school currently has 17 first-level disciplines authorized for doctoral degrees, 100 doctoral programs, 16 post-doctoral mobile stations, 26 first-level disciplines authorized for master's degrees, and 142 master programs. All majors of Capital Normal University are open to international students.
1. Enrollment category: full-time graduate students, doctoral students, and the teaching language are Chinese. Some majors offer English-taught courses.
For detailed majors, please refer to the Graduate School of Capital Normal University's Graduate School of Master's and Doctoral Admissions Catalogue (URL: http://grad.cnu.edu.cn/). The program does not accept applicants for the major of Chinese International Education. If you want to apply for this major, you can apply for the Confucius Institute Scholarship.
2. Applicant conditions:
2.1 Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens and in good health;
2.2 Applicant's academic qualifications and age requirements:
- Applicants who come to China to study for a master's degree must have a bachelor's degree, be under 35 years old, and have a score of 195 or more in HSK level 5; if applying for English-taught courses, the IELTS score must be above 6.0.
- Applicants who come to China to study for a doctoral degree must have a master's degree, be under 40 years old, and have a score of 195 or more in HSK level 5. If you apply for English-taught courses, you must have an IELTS score of 6.0 or higher.
2.3 Excellent academic performance;
2.4 Have strong scientific research capabilities;
2.5 Only applicants who are not in China are admitted. Applicants should have obtained a bachelor's or master's degree. Students studying in China cannot apply.
2.6 No other scholarship funding.
2.7 Applicants must actively participate in various activities organized by the school after enrollment.
3. The scope and duration of the scholarship:
3.1 Free of tuition and free on-campus accommodation (double room);
3.2 Provide a scholarship for living expenses: Master's students: 3000 yuan/month, Ph.D. students: 3500 yuan/month;
3.3 Provide comprehensive medical insurance for international students in China.
4. Application procedure:
Applicants must complete the registration on the online registration information platform of the China Scholarship Council to study in China. Website: https://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/#/register, carefully read the instructions for filling in the form, and choose the Type B Chinese Government Scholarship University Autonomous Enrollment Program. Fill in the "Chinese Government Scholarship Application Form" item by item according to the system requirements and submit it online (the acceptance agency number of Capital Normal University is: 10028, please be sure to fill it out accurately). After completing the registration on the NSFC website, the applicant must complete the online registration procedure in the International Student Online Service System of Capital Normal University. Website: https://cnu.17gz.org/, the following documents need to be uploaded to the information platform of the National Foundation of China and the registration system of Capital Normal University. Paper materials are not accepted.
4.1 Recommendation letters from two associate professors or above (including) scholars in related majors. Applicants who can provide a letter of acceptance from the school’s tutor are given priority for admission.
4.2 Academic transcripts.
- Applicants for master's degree should provide undergraduate course transcripts, undergraduate graduation certificates, and bachelor degree certificates; (If transcripts, graduation certificates, and degree certificates are written in non-Chinese or English, the English or Chinese translation must be submitted at the same time. Translation The document should be issued by a translation company certified by the country.)
- Applicants for Ph.D. applicants should provide master's course transcripts, master's graduation certificate, and master's degree certificate; (if the transcripts, graduation certificates, and degree certificates are written in non-Chinese or English, the English or Chinese translation must be submitted at the same time. Translation The document should be issued by a translation company certified by the country.)
4.3 A notarized certificate (Chinese or English) of the highest degree certificate issued by an officially recognized legal notary institution
4.4 HSK score report or TOEFL test or IELTS test score report.
4.5 Study plan.
4.6 Copy of passport.
4.7 "Foreigner Physical Examination Record" and original blood test report.
4.8 Certificate photos.
The application fee is RMB 800. (Please pay in the International Student Online Service System of Capital Normal University. The registration fee is non-refundable. If you do not pay the registration fee, the application will be deemed invalid)
5. Admission and notification:
The International Student Management Office of the International Culture College of Capital Normal University will organize relevant departments to select applicants and submit them to the China Scholarship Council for review. After admission, the International Student Management Office of the International Culture College of Capital Normal University will send the "JW201 Form" to the students. And "Admission Notice."
6. Contact information:
Contact: Teacher Wu
WeChat public account: the first master of studying abroad