Scholarship for foreign students
To further promote the development of the education of foreign students in Beijing's universities and colleges, and promote the cultivation of talents, scientific research, social services, and cultural exchanges in universities, the Beijing Municipal Government has specially established the Beijing Foreign Student Scholarship. It aims to provide tuition subsidies to foreign students who intend to study in Beijing or foreign students studying in Beijing.
(1) Objects of funding
1. Non-Chinese citizens, in good health;
2. Foreign students who meet the admission requirements of Capital Normal University.
3. At the time of application, no other scholarship for tuition subsidy was obtained.
(2) Enrollment categories and application conditions
1. Ph.D. students
Have a master's degree and be under the age of 50.
2. Master students
Have a bachelor’s degree and be under 45 years of age.
Have a high school diploma and be under 40 years old.
4. Chinese language advanced students
Possess a high school diploma, and the age is generally not more than 60 years old.
(3) Funding content and standards
The content of the Beijing Municipal Scholarship for Foreign Students is a full or partial exemption of tuition fees.
Anyone who is admitted by Capital Normal University and meets the evaluation criteria of foreign students' freshman scholarship can get a freshman scholarship, that is, tuition is free.
2. On-campus students
Language students: According to the student's grades and attendance, the tuition fee will be divided into three grades.
Full prize: 1/2 of the tuition fee; Half prize: 1/4 of the tuition fee; Encouragement prize: 1/8 of the tuition fee.
Undergraduates: According to the student's grades and attendance, the tuition fee is divided into three levels.
Full prize: all tuition; half prize: 1/2 of tuition; encouragement: 1/4 of tuition.
Master's degree students: All tuition fees will be reduced or exempted based on students' grades and attendance.
Doctoral students: All tuition fees will be exempted based on the student's grades and attendance
(4) Application process and deadline
Applicants should apply to the International Culture College of Capital Normal University at the end of December and before the end of June each year.
2. On-campus students
Students do not need to apply.
For students studying in the International Cultural Institute, the scholarship review team of the International Cultural Institute will evaluate the scholarship based on the student's grades and attendance every semester.
Students studying in other departments of Capital Normal University are required to submit transcripts and attendance sheets to the International Student Management Office of the International Culture College every semester.
(5) Application materials
1. Capital Normal University Foreign Students Admission Application Form
2. Scanned copy of passport photo page
3. Capital Normal University Beijing Foreign Student Scholarship Application Form
4. Highest degree certificate and transcript
5. Other certification materials required by Capital Normal University
1. Scholarship students who violate Chinese laws, school disciplines, and school regulations during their studies, and who do not meet the relevant regulations of Beijing Scholarship for Foreign Students will be disqualified from the scholarship.
2. Scholarship recipients should complete all their studies at Capital Normal University. Withdrawal, suspension, or transfer, all scholarships that have been obtained shall be returned.
(7) Contact information
International Student Admissions Office, School of International Culture, Capital Normal University
- +86-10-68902796 Chinese/English;
- +86-10-68902651 Chinese/Korean;