Confucius Institute Scholarship
To train qualified Chinese teachers and promote the international promotion of the Chinese language and the spread of Chinese culture, the Confucius Institute Headquarters/Hanban (hereinafter referred to as Hanban) has established Confucius Institute Scholarships and commissioned Confucius Institutes, independent Confucius classrooms, and overseas Chinese test sites ( Hereinafter referred to as recommending institutions) sponsor outstanding students and in-service Chinese teachers to study in Chinese universities (collectively referred to as receiving institutions). According to the 2018 Confucius Institute Scholarship Application Procedures, the relevant matters for applicants for the 2018 Confucius Institute Scholarship to study at Chongqing University are hereby notified as follows.
1. Non-Chinese nationals.
2. Physical and mental health, good character and learning.
3. Aspiring to engage in Chinese education, teaching and related work related to Chinese international promotion.
4. Age is 16-35 years old (unified on September 1, 2018). In-service Chinese teachers are relaxed to 45 years old, and applicants for undergraduate scholarships are generally under 25 years old.
Scholarship admission categories, majors and application conditions
1. Master of Chinese Language Education
Enrollment in September 2018, the funding period is 2 years.
Have a university degree. A minimum score of 210 in the HSK test (Level 5) and 60 in the HSKK (Intermediate) test are required. Those who provide a work agreement or relevant certification for the teaching institution to be taught after graduation is preferred.
2. Bachelor of Chinese International Education
Enrollment in September 2018, the funding period is 4 years.
Have a high school diploma. A minimum score of 210 in the HSK test (Level 4) and 60 in the HSKK (Intermediate) test.
3. One-year trainee
Enrollment in September 2018, the funding period is 11 months. International students in China will not be admitted.
3.1 Chinese International Education
Have a score of 270 in the HSK test (Level 3) and an HSKK test score.
3.2 Chinese language and literature, Chinese history, Chinese philosophy
A minimum score of 180 in HSK (Level 4) and 60 in HSKK (Intermediate) in the Chinese test.
3.3 Chinese Language Training
Have a score of 180 on the HSK test (Level 3).
4. One-semester trainee
Enrollment in September 2018 and March 2019, the funding period is 5 months. Those who have X1 and X2 visas in their passports are not admitted.
Major: Chinese International Education, Chinese Language and Literature, Chinese History, Chinese Philosophy
Have a minimum score of 210 in the HSK test (Level 3) and an HSKK test score.
5. Confucius Institute special four-week student
Enrollment in December 2018, the funding period is 4 weeks. Those who have X1 and X2 visas in their passports are not admitted. Have HSK scores. The registration is organized by the Confucius Institute, with 10-15 people per group.
1. Applicants log on to the Confucius Institute Scholarship website (http://cis.chinese.cn), select their recommending institution, select Chongqing University as the host institution, register online, fill in the "Confucius Institute Scholarship Application Form" and attach relevant information An electronic scanned copy of the certification materials.
2. The applicant's referral institution reviews the application materials and recommends applicants who meet the requirements.
3. Chongqing University will review the admission qualifications, select the best candidates, and submit pre-admission candidates to Hanban.
4. Hanban will complete the scholarship evaluation work 2 months before enrollment and announce the evaluation results.
5. Scholarship recipients confirm with Chongqing University to go through the formalities for studying in China, and print the award certificate online; enter the journal at the time specified in the admission notice of Chongqing University.
Deadline for application
1. June 20, 2018 (Entry in September 2018)
2. December 30, 2018 (Entry in March 2019)
1. Students with academic qualifications must participate in the annual review. For details, please refer to the "Annual Review Measures for Confucius Institute Scholarships".
2. Failure to register on time, failure to pass the entrance examination, dropout in the middle of school, suspension of scholarship, cancellation of scholarship qualifications.
Contact Information of Chongqing University
Admissions Office of International College of Chongqing University
Address: Room 324, International College, Main Teaching Building, District A, Chongqing University, Chongqing
Post Code: 400044
SHARE THIS ARTICLE TO