Full-time undergraduate education at Chongqing University:
- Duration of programs: 4 years (5 years for Architecture, Urban Planning and Landscape Architecture)
- Language of instruction: Chinese
1. Non-Chinese citizens with valid passports.
2. In good physical and mental health, be over 18 years old and under 30 years old at the time of admission.
3. High school graduates or above, meeting the academic requirements of the applied major.
4. Chinese language proficiency: HSK 4 (with a score over 180) or equivalent
May 31st, 2021(for the scholarship application deadline, please refer to the specific scholarship application notice)
1. Personal information page of passport：The passport shall have a minimum validity of one year. For applicants who are already in China, a photocopy of Visa or Residence Permit with entry customs stamps should be provided as well.
2. High school diploma: Applicants who have already graduated from high school shall submit-graduation certificate of high school. Prospective diploma recipients shall submit a certificate of expected graduation issued by the high school that will issue the diploma.
3. High school transcripts
4. Proof of Chinese language proficiency: Score report of HSK level (within the validity) or other Chinese language proficiency proof.
5. A Personal Statement: No less than 500 words, stating your basic personal information, hobbies and expertise, motivation, study plan, etc.
6. Financial statement or bank statement: The available balance should be no less than RMB30, 000.
7. Physical examination form: The form could be downloaded via http://study.cqu.edu.cn/info/1062/1413.htmand shall be filled by the physicianin Chinese or English. The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. Attachments of examination results (Blood report, Electrocardiograph and Chest X-ray)shall also be uploaded. Please carefully plan your physical examination schedule as the result is valid for only 6 months.
8. Study or Work certificate：For applicants who are currently studying or working in an institution, a Certificate of Enrollment or Employment issued by the institution is required.
9. Certificate of Non-criminal record (applicants who are currently studying or working in an institution could submit a Certificate of Good Conduct issued by the institution as a replacement).
10. Other supporting materials required by the specific program.
①All the above documents should be Chinese or English versions. If the original copy is in a different language, a notarized translated version in Chinese or English must be submitted together; as to the certificate issued by the school, the name and contact information of the certifier shall be affixed as well as the official seal of the school.
②Pleases bring all the original copies for school registration.
Application and Recruitment Procedures
1. Online Application
1) Create and activate an account in our online application system at (https://cqu.17gz.org/member/login.do).
2) Fill in the application form and upload the required supporting documents (colored scanned copy of the original version).
3) Pay the application fee (400 RMB, non-refundable) online and submit the application. Applicants can pay through:
① online payment system: Only applicable to applicants who are already in China, paying by WeChat, Alipay or bank card;
② bank transfer (remark your name and passport number on the transfer voucher and send the copy to email@example.comASAP): the account information is as follows,
Beneficiary: Chongqing University
A/C No.: 310 002 410 900 894 853 6
Beneficiary Bank: Industrial and Commercial Bank of China, Chongqing Branch
Add.: 2nd/F, 45 Lin Jiang Road, Yuzhong District, Chongqing, China, 400010
Swift Code: ICBKCNBJCQG
TLX: 62250 ICBIS CN / 62106 ICBQA CN
2. Evaluation and Admission
1) Review applicants' qualifications and documents.
2) Review applicants' language proficiency and academic performance.
3) Interview with the applicants who pass the above review.
4) Send admission documents to the admitted students.
Note: Applicants can check their application status in the online application system or check their registered email for updates and application results.
Sci., Eng., Econ., Busin., Law
On-Campus Accommodation Fee
Note: the above rates are subject to change.
1. Chinese Government Scholarship
Sino-US Degree Study Program
2. International Chinese Language Teachers Scholarship
3. Chongqing Municipal Government Mayor Scholarship
4. Chongqing University President Scholarship
Note: Applicants can refer to the 2020 Scholarship Application Guide for detailed information. The 2021 Application Guide for Scholarships will be announced later.
International Student Admission Office
Address: Room 324, Main Building, Campus A of Chongqing University, No.174 Shazheng Street, Shapingba District, Chongqing, P.R.China, 400044