Chongqing Municipal People's Government Mayor Scholarship
In order to attract outstanding foreign students to study in Chongqing, the Chongqing Municipal People's Government has specially established the "Chongqing Municipal People's Government Mayor Scholarship for Foreign Students" (referred to as "Chongqing Mayor Scholarship"). Our school is one of the universities that accepts students for the Mayor’s Scholarship in Chongqing.
Funding category and duration:
1. Types of funding: undergraduates, masters students and doctoral students
2. Duration of funding: only for the professional study period, including 4 years for undergraduate students, 3 years for master students, and 4 years for doctoral students.
1. Doctoral students RMB 35,000 per student per academic year;
2. RMB 30,000 per student per academic year for master students;
3. RMB 25,000 per student per academic year for undergraduates;
The duration of the mayor's scholarship cannot exceed the normal academic duration of the corresponding degree. The scholarship is issued in two in the form of cash, or directly offset the tuition and accommodation fees. An annual review is required every academic year. Those who fail the review will be suspended or terminated.
December 01, 2020 to April 30, 2021
1. Non-Chinese citizens, in good health;
2. Educational background and age requirements:
●Applicants who come to China to study for an undergraduate degree must have a high school degree and be under the age of 25;
●Applicants who come to China to study for a master's degree must have a bachelor's degree and be under the age of 35;
●Applicants who come to China to study for a Ph.D. degree must have a master's degree and be under the age of 40.
3. No other Chinese government scholarships have been obtained at the same time.
1. Applicant download Chongqing Mayor Scholarship Application Form. doc. Fill in all the information truthfully, print and sign;
2. The applicant logs in the "Chongqing University of Posts and Telecommunications International Student Online Service System" ( https://cqupt.17gz.org/ ), selects the project "Chongqing Mayor Scholarship", fills in the application information, completes the online application and uploads the application as required Materials, including the Chongqing Mayor Scholarship Application Form;
1. Electronic photos;
2. Notarized highest education certificate and transcript. If the applicant is a current student, he/she must submit the pre-graduation certificate (including the pre-graduation date) and transcripts issued by the school. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations;
3. Personal statement, including study plan or research plan in China. Written in Chinese or English;
4. 2 letters of recommendation. Recommendation letters from two professors or associate professors, written in Chinese or English;
5. A photocopy of the first page of a valid passport (valid until at least March 30, 2021);
6. Proof of no criminal record;
7. A copy of the "Foreigner Physical Examination Form". Download in the attachment, fill in English or Chinese. Foreigner Physical Examination Form.pdf
Applicants should strictly follow the required items in the "Physical Examination Form for Foreigners" to conduct inspections. The "Foreigner Physical Examination Form" that is missing, does not have a photo of the person posted, or is not stamped with a seam seal on the photo, and is not signed and stamped by the doctor or the hospital is invalid. The inspection result is valid for 6 months;
8. Proof of English or Chinese proficiency (if any, please provide);
9. Other materials, such as awards, published papers, etc. (if any, please provide);
10. If you are studying in China, please provide proof of your performance in China.
√Regardless of whether you are admitted or not, the application materials will not be returned;
√We will contact you by email, so please be sure to fill in your email address, phone number, mailing address, etc. accurately;
√ In addition to the above materials, the school has the right to ask you to provide other materials according to the specific situation.
1. Scholarship qualifications will not be reserved for those who cannot come to China to study within the enrollment period;
2. Scholarship recipients are not allowed to change the study major and study period stated in the "Admission Notice" after coming to China;
3. Scholarship recipients must participate in the annual scholarship review as required. Those who fail the review will be suspended or terminated.