Application Guide for International Students
The Central University of Finance and Economics is a university directly under the Ministry of Education and jointly established by the Ministry of Education, the Ministry of Finance, and Beijing. Our school's applied economics ranked first in the latest round of national subject evaluation conducted by the Ministry of Education in 2017, and it is the only financial institution that has been awarded A+. The school is located in Beijing, the capital of China, with convenient transportation and a superior geographical location.
Eligibility for application
A non-Chinese citizen who is physically and mentally healthy has a bachelor's degree or above and holds a valid foreign passport.
List of majors
Phase 1: December 1, 2020-March 31, 2021
Phase 2: April 12, 2021 – June 9, 2021
1. Submit an online application
Application address: homepage of the college's official website http://sice.cufe.edu.cn/
Click "New Student Registration" on the right
2. Pay the registration fee of 500 RMB
3. Applicants shortlisted for interview participate in the interview (including online interview)
4. Issuance of admission results
5. The tuition prepayment is 3,000 yuan within one week after the admission is confirmed; the tuition prepayment is non-refundable and will be included in the total tuition after the start of the semester
6. Provide a financial guarantee for the expenses required during the study period
List of application materials
1. "The Central University of Finance and Economics International Student Admission Application Form" (automatically generated in the system)
2. Scanned copy of passport
3. Undergraduate graduation certificate or equivalent certificate, fresh graduates can provide the pre-graduation certificate issued by the undergraduate college (required information such as expected graduation time, major, etc.)
4. Undergraduate Transcript
5. Applicants for Chinese-taught programs need to provide HSK (Level 5) or above transcripts. Applicants whose native language is Chinese are exempted from providing HSK scores upon application and recognition by the school.
Applicants for English-taught courses are required to provide proof of English proficiency (such as standardized test scores such as TOEFL/IELTS/TOEIC or other proof of English proficiency). Applicants who are native English speakers may be exempted from providing proof of English proficiency upon their application and the school's approval
6. Personal statement (Applicants for Chinese-taught courses must provide a Chinese personal statement, more than 800 words)
7. 2 letters of recommendation
8. Scanned copy of "Foreigner Physical Examination Form"
9. Certificate of no criminal record click here to download
Other supporting materials such as award certificates
Application materials are limited to Chinese or English; regardless of whether the applicant is admitted or not, all application materials and registration fees are non-refundable.
The applicant is responsible for the authenticity of the information and materials submitted by the individual. If it is inconsistent with the facts, the Central University of Finance and Economics has the right to cancel its admission qualifications, and those who have enrolled will cancel their student status.
Applicants who have passed the review of the comprehensive materials will participate in the Central University of Finance and Economics' postgraduate admission interview (including an online interview). The interview time will be notified by email after the deadline for each batch.
The school will notify the applicants of the admission result via email after the interview. International students who are determined to study must pay a tuition prepayment of 3,000 yuan and a financial guarantee certificate within 1 week of receiving the admission result. After receiving the tuition prepayment and financial guarantee certificate, our school will start to process the visa application form and mail the admission materials one after another. The school will review the original application materials of the applicant when the journal is opened. If there is any violation, the school has the right to cancel the applicant's admission qualification.
Early September 2021 (The specific time is subject to the Admission Notice)
Our school provides on-campus dormitories of different specifications and conditions.
The current dormitory fee standard is 50-80 yuan/day.
According to the regulations of the Ministry of Education of China, our school requires all international students to purchase group comprehensive insurance in Mainland China. Students must purchase medical insurance at the time of registration.
Registration fee: 500 yuan
Accommodation fee: 50-80 yuan/day
Residence permit fee: 400 yuan/year
Medical insurance cost: 800 yuan/year
*For tuition fees, please refer to the catalog of majors for international students
International Student Admissions Office, Central University of Finance and Economics
Address: Room 1017, Zhongcai Building, Central University of Finance and Economics, 39 Xueyuan South Road, Haidian District, Beijing
Post Code: 100081