Doctoral student application guide
The Central University of Finance and Economics is a university directly under the Ministry of Education and jointly established by the Ministry of Education, the Ministry of Finance, and Beijing. It is the first batch of universities to build the national "Double First-Class" construction, "211 Project" construction, and the national "985 Project" superior discipline innovation platform. Our school's applied economics ranked first in the latest round of national subject evaluation conducted by the Ministry of Education in 2017, and it is the only financial institution that has been awarded A+. The school is located in Beijing, the capital of China, with convenient transportation and a superior geographical location.
Eligibility for application
A non-Chinese citizen who is physically and mentally healthy has a master's degree or above and holds a valid foreign passport.
Please click on the list of majors for Ph.D. student admissions
Phase 1: December 1, 2020-March 31, 2021
Phase 2: April 12, 2021 – June 9, 2021
1. Submit an online application
Application address: homepage of the college's official website http://sice.cufe.edu.cn/
Click "New Student Registration" on the right
2. Pay the registration fee of 500 RMB
3. Applicants shortlisted for interview participate in the interview (including online interview)
4. Issuance of admission results
5. The tuition prepayment is 3,000 yuan within one week after the admission is confirmed; the tuition prepayment is non-refundable and will be included in the total tuition after the start of the semester
6. Provide a financial guarantee for the expenses required during the study period
List of application materials
1. "The Central University of Finance and Economics International Student Admission Application Form" (automatically generated in the application system)
2. A master's degree certificate or equivalent certificate, fresh graduates can provide a pre-graduation certificate issued by the institution where the master's degree is located (information on expected graduation time, major, etc.)
3. Master's transcript
4. Applicants for Chinese-taught programs are required to provide HSK (Level 5) or above transcripts. Applicants whose native language is Chinese are exempted from HSK scores upon application and recognition by the school.
Applicants for English-taught courses are required to provide proof of English proficiency (such as standardized test scores such as TOEFL/IELTS/TOEIC or other proof of English proficiency). Applicants who are native English speakers may be exempted from providing proof of English proficiency upon their application and the school's approval
5. Personal statement (Applicants for Chinese-taught courses must provide a Chinese personal statement, more than 800 words)
6. 2 letters of recommendation
7. Research plan or master's thesis
8. Scanned copy of "Foreigner Physical Examination Form"
9. Scanned copy of passport
10. Click here to download the certificate of no criminal record
Other supporting materials such as award certificates
Note: Application materials are limited to Chinese or English; regardless of whether the applicant is admitted or not, all application materials and registration fees are not refundable.
The applicant is responsible for the authenticity of the information and materials submitted by the individual. If it is inconsistent with the facts, the Central University of Finance and Economics has the right to cancel its admission qualifications, and those who have enrolled will cancel their student status.
Applicants who have passed the review of the comprehensive materials will participate in the admission interview (including online interview) for doctoral candidates at the Central University of Finance and Economics. The interview time will be notified by email after the deadline for each batch.
The school will notify the applicants of the admission result via email after the interview. International students who are determined to study must pay a tuition prepayment of 3,000 yuan and a financial guarantee certificate within 1 week of receiving the admission result. After receiving the tuition prepayment and financial guarantee certificate, our school will start to process the visa application form and mail the admission materials one after another. The school will review the original application materials of the applicant when the journal is opened. If there is any violation, the school has the right to cancel the applicant's admission qualification.
Early September 2021 (The specific time is subject to the Admission Notice)
According to the regulations of the Ministry of Education of China, our school requires all international students to purchase group comprehensive insurance in Mainland China. Students must purchase medical insurance at the time of registration.
Registration fee: 500 yuan
Accommodation fee: 50-80 yuan/day
Residence permit fee: 400 yuan/year
Medical insurance cost: 800 yuan/year
*For details of the tuition, please refer to the catalog of international students' doctoral students' admissions
International Student Admissions Office, Central University of Finance and Economics
Address: Room 1017, Zhongcai Building, Central University of Finance and Economics, 39 Xueyuan South Road, Haidian District, Beijing
Post Code: 100081