Master's degree graduate program
I. Project Introduction
Non-Chinese citizens who are under the age of 35, have a bachelor's degree equivalent to a Chinese university or equivalent and hold a foreign passport, can apply to study for a master's degree in China University of Geosciences (Wuhan).
Note: Applicants who were originally Chinese citizens and later became foreign nationals, or both of their parents or one of their parents are Chinese citizens and settled in a foreign country. Applicants who had foreign nationality at birth should hold a valid foreign passport or nationality certificate4 Years (inclusive) and above and have actually lived in a foreign country for more than 2 years in the last 4 years (until April 30 of the enrollment year).
II. Study form and school system
International students and postgraduates are all implemented a full-time three-year academic system.
For Chinese-taught majors, after completing one year of Chinese tuition and reaching HSK 4 with a score of 220 or more, they can enter a professional college for study.
III. Fees and Scholarships
(1) Chinese Government Scholarship
China University of Geosciences (Wuhan) is a university designated by the Ministry of Education to accept Chinese government scholarship students and has the qualifications to independently recruit Chinese government scholarship students. The Chinese government scholarship programs carried out by our school throughout the year include postgraduate programs in universities, Silk Road scholarship programs, and country-specific bilateral programs.
1. University Graduate Scholarship Program: Full scholarships are provided, including tuition, a living allowance of 3000 yuan/person-month (for master students), on-campus accommodation, and comprehensive medical insurance. The admission of international students will be determined according to the evaluation results of the scholarship application materials and submitted to the CSC for approval. During the study period, CSC conducts an annual review of the scholarship students based on the academic performance and scientific research performance of the Chinese government scholarship students.
2. Country-specific bilateral scholarship program: The country-specific bilateral scholarship program includes training programs at all levels, and is usually recommended by the embassy and education department of the country where the international student is located. The amount of scholarship funding includes two types of a full scholarship and partial scholarship. To assist outstanding international students to successfully obtain scholarships recommended by the Chinese embassy or education department of the country where the students are located, the International Student Admissions Office of our school can provide applicants with a "Pre-admission Notice" in advance according to the student's application status. Please contact the International Student Admissions Office in advance if you need a "Pre-admission Notice". The application method and application time of the country-specific bilateral scholarship program should be consulted with the Chinese Embassy or the overseas student dispatching department in the country where the student is located.
3. China University of Geosciences (Wuhan) President Scholarship: The school has a special scholarship for elite graduate students to reward international students who have outstanding achievements in social activities and scientific and technological achievements to study at our school for self-financed master's students. This project provides scholarships for the first academic year. The types of scholarships include full-tuition scholarship, half-tuition scholarship, 20% tuition exemption, and 10% tuition exemption.
(2) Tuition fee standard
Master's degree students: The tuition fee for each major of science and engineering is 28,000 yuan/person/year (about 4,000 US dollars/year);
Liberal arts majors are 25,000 yuan/person/year (about 3,500 US dollars/year).
All charges are subject to the latest approval from the price department, and our school will announce relevant charges promptly.
IV. Application conditions
(1) To apply for a Chinese Government Scholarship for a master's degree, the following conditions must be met:
1. Non-Citizens of the People's Republic of China holding a valid passport.
2. Abide by relevant Chinese laws and school rules and regulations, have good moral character, and respect the customs and habits of the Chinese people.
3. The academic level of the applicant must meet one of the following conditions:
1) National-recognized undergraduate graduates (provided proof of enrollment), must obtain a national-recognized undergraduate diploma before September 1 of the enrollment year.
2) Have a corresponding or equivalent undergraduate degree recognized by the state.
3) Those who have obtained an undergraduate degree.
4. Physical and mental health, no serious diseases, infectious diseases, and serious physical defects, and meet the medical examination requirements of the national admission regulations.
5. Applicants for Chinese-taught programs require an HSK 4 score of 220 or more. Applicants from non-English speaking countries who apply for English-taught programs are required to provide TOEFL or IELTS scores. Applicants must have a TOFEL IBT score of 80 and an IELTS score of 6.0.
Note: Those whose Chinese language level does not meet the standard and other conditions are met must complete one year of Chinese language study at school. Only after reaching the standard can they enter the professional study, otherwise they will extend the Chinese language study period or be ordered to drop out.
(2) Application for self-financed master's degree students shall be implemented by the following regulations:
1. Applicants must meet the requirements of items 1, 2, 3, and 4 in (1).
2. Self-financed postgraduate students may appropriately relax the language requirements for teaching majors.
V. Online registration and materials delivery
(1) Online registration
1. Applicants for the Chinese Government Scholarship should register on the website of the China Scholarship Council within the specified time (December 15, 2020-March 15, 2021) and fill in the application information. After the online application is completed, please mail a paper copy of the online application materials to the Admissions Office of the International Education College of China University of Geosciences (Wuhan). Once the paper materials are submitted, the online registration information cannot be modified or re-filled in the registration information. A student can only keep one piece of valid registration information, and no re-submission is allowed after the deadline.
2. To apply for school scholarships and self-financed students, you must register and apply on the China University of Geosciences application website within the specified time (January 1-May 10, 2021), and fill in the application information. After the online application is completed, please send a paper copy of the online application materials to the Admissions Office of the International Education College of China University of Geosciences (Wuhan) before 5 pm on May 20, 2021.
(2) List of application materials:
1. "Chinese Government Scholarship Application Form" (filled by Chinese government scholarship students), "China University of Geosciences Application Form for Foreign Students (filled in by school scholarship or self-financed students), the application form needs to be filled in Chinese or English
2. Notarized highest education certificate (if the original text is in other languages, a notarized translation is required)
3. Complete academic transcripts of each semester corresponding to the highest degree (if the original text is in other languages, a notarized translation is required)
4. Combining the preliminary study foundation, study, and research plan in China (Chinese or English, no less than 800 words)
5. Two personal recommendation letters (in Chinese or English) from professors or associate professors, one of which must be from the university that issued the diploma
6. Self-introduction video (Chinese or English, 3-5 minutes).
7. A copy of the "Foreigner Physical Examination Form" within the validity period of half a year (the original should be kept by yourself)
8. A copy of the personal information page of a valid passport
9. A copy of the passport of the sponsor of the "International Student Financial Guarantee" and proof of work or income (for school scholarship or self-financed applicants)
10. HSK level certificate or TOFEL/IELTS English language proficiency certificate (excellent language proficiency is preferred)
11. Proof of no criminal record
12. Other attached materials (such as the supervisor's acceptance form, award certificate, publication of thesis monograph, etc.)
(3) Qualification review
During the application period, the School of International Education will review the academic information and transcripts submitted by the applicants for the Chinese Government Scholarship in conjunction with the tutor groups of the relevant departments. The applicant's professional foundation, language level, academic ability, scientific research results, and tutor opinions will be important for the assessment Indicators, welcome to our school’s inter-school exchange colleges and well-known experts to recommend students to apply for our school.
Applicants for Chinese Government Scholarships are requested to pay attention to the reserved contact email address during the application period to avoid delays in information. Those who have falsified the application materials submitted incomplete materials (or not notarized), and delayed the submission of materials will not be eligible to participate in the screening of Chinese Government Scholarships of China University of Geosciences (Wuhan).
VI. Admission and Notification
(1) Our school adheres to the principle of merit-based admission. However, due to the limited number of places, those who meet the admission requirements and are unable to obtain the qualifications for the Chinese Government Scholarship, with my consent, our school can give priority to admission as a self-financed master's degree postgraduate.
(2) Those who apply for admission with the undergraduate pre-graduation certificate or undergraduate enrollment certificate must present or submit the undergraduate graduation certificate to the admissions office of our school before or on the day of registration, otherwise, the admission qualification will be canceled.
(3) 3 International students who have received a mentor acceptance letter, recommended by overseas agreement universities or recommended by relevant domestic strategic cooperation units, will be given priority to obtain scholarship qualifications under the same conditions.
(4) Admission results of applicants for Chinese Government Scholarship: before the end of March, the school will determine the list of scholarship awards and submit it to China Scholarship Council; CSC will review the admission results of the school to determine the admission list; before the end of May, the list will be issued to those who are admitted: "Admission Notice", "Visa Application Form for Foreign Students Studying in China" (JW201 Form). To facilitate the delivery of the admission notice and visa materials, please be sure to reserve the correct mailing address information.
(5) School scholarship and self-financed student admission results: the list of admissions will be announced before June 1st, and the "Admission Notice" and "Visa Application Form for Foreign Students Studying in China" (JW202 Form) will be issued to those admitted before June 10. To facilitate the delivery of the admission notice and visa materials, please be sure to reserve the correct mailing address information.
(6) The enrollment information of international students, the list of candidates, and the enrollment information of our school are all published on the website of the School of International Education of our school. The relevant information can also be inquired on the WeChat platform of the School of International Education of our school. Please note that applicants should log in to the website frequently Inquire about relevant information.
VII. Consultation and Service
The Admissions Office of the School of International Education of our school will promptly deal with all kinds of inquiries raised by applicants.
International Education College Admissions Office Tel: 027-67883283, Email: email@example.com
Unit Name: China University of Geosciences (Wuhan)
Unit code: 10491
Address: No. 388, Lumo Road, Hongshan District, Wuhan City, Hubei Province
Postal Code: 430074
Contact department: Admissions and Project Development Office of International Education College
Contact: Teacher Wu Teacher Liu
WeChat public account: National Education Institute of the University of Geosciences