International Chinese Teacher Scholarship
China University of Petroleum (Beijing) welcomes outstanding overseas students or Chinese teachers to our school for a one-year or one-semester Chinese study.
The international Chinese teacher scholarship includes tuition, accommodation, living expenses, and comprehensive medical insurance. Among them, the standard of living expenses is RMB 2500 per month for research students for one semester and one academic year.
The types of scholarships enrolled in our school are one-year trainees and one-semester trainees. Enrollment targets are non-Chinese nationals, healthy, and generally between the ages of 16 and 35 (in-service Chinese teachers can relax to 45 years of age).
1. One-year trainees to Confucius Institute (classroom) outstanding students, winners of the "Chinese Bridge" Chinese Proficiency Competition for World University and Middle School Students, overseas Chinese teachers, outstanding graduates of Chinese majors, outstanding HSK test scores, or those who are interested in working Provided by people from international Chinese education, majors include Chinese language and literature, Chinese history, and Chinese philosophy. The enrollment time is September 2016, and the funding period is one academic year. Applicants must have an HSK score of at least 180 in Level 3, an HSKK score of at least 50, or a BCT (A) score of at least 180, and a BCT (Spoken) score of at least 180.
2. One-semester trainees will be provided to outstanding students of the Confucius Institute (classroom), winners of the "Chinese Bridge" Chinese Contest for World University and Middle School Students, overseas local Chinese teachers, outstanding Chinese students majoring in universities, and outstanding HSK test scores. The majors include Chinese Language and Literature, Chinese History and Chinese Philosophy, the admission time is in the fall of 2015 or the spring of 2016, and the funding period is one semester. Applicants must have an HSK score of no less than 120 points in the second level, an HSKK score of no less than 40 points, or a BCT (A) score of no less than 100 points, and a BCT (spoken) score of no less than 120 points.
(3) Application process/approach
Applicants can log on to the Confucius Institute Scholarship website (http://cis.chinese.cn) to register a personal account, fill in and submit the "Confucius Institute Scholarship Application Form" online.
(4) Required materials for application
Applicants must log on to the scholarship website, fill in the "International Chinese Teacher Scholarship Application Form", and attach the following electronic documents with the supporting materials:
1. Passport photo page.
2. HSK, HSKK score report.
3. Notarized highest degree or proof of school study.
4. Applicants under the age of 18 must submit relevant legal documents entrusting a legal guardian in China.
5. Winners of the "Chinese Bridge" Chinese Proficiency Competition for University and Middle School Students in China must provide scholarship certificates. The winners of each country's sub-contest area must provide a certificate of award and a recommendation letter issued by the organizer of the contest area.
6. Serving Chinese teachers must submit the on-the-job certificate and recommendation letter issued by the institution where they are employed.
(5) Receiving department
China University of Petroleum (Beijing) International Education College
(6) Contact details
School of international education, China University of Petroleum(Beijing)
Address: 18 Fuxue Road, Changping District, Beijing
Sino foreign language cooperation and Exchange Center / Hanban examination and scholarship Office
Address: 129 Deshengmenwai Street, Xicheng District, Beijing
International Chinese teacher scholarship website: http://cis.chinese.cn
HSK, hskk test website: http://www.chinesetest.cn