Beijing Government Scholarship
In order to expand the scale of foreign students in Beijing and improve the level of foreign students in Beijing, the Beijing Municipal Government has allocated funds for foreign students to set up special Beijing Municipal Government Foreign Student Scholarships. In accordance with the notice of Beijing Municipal Education Commission and Beijing Municipal Bureau of Finance on the issuance of the "Interim Measures for the Administration of Scholarships for Foreign Students in Beijing" (Jingjiaowai  No. 11), the "Capital Institute of Physical Education "Foreign Students in Beijing" was formulated. Scholarship "Management Measures" (hereinafter referred to as "the Measures").
The Capital Institute of Physical Education "Foreign Students in Beijing Scholarship" is a tuition subsidy for international students and overseas students who intend to study at the Capital Institute of Physical Education. International students refer to foreign citizens who hold foreign passports and register with the Capital Institute of Physical Education to receive academic degree education. Overseas students refer to foreign citizens who hold foreign passports and register at the Capital Institute of Physical Education to receive non-academic degree education.
The purpose of establishing this scholarship is to attract outstanding foreign students and scholars to the Capital Institute of Physical Education to study, research and exchange, and to further promote the school's talent training, scientific research, social services and cultural exchanges.
The Beijing Foreign Student Scholarship mainly rewards international students who apply for undergraduate and master's degrees in our school. Other overseas students may be considered appropriately depending on the situation, but they should be strictly controlled.
Funding Objects, Duration and Amount
The funding objects and duration of Capital Institute of Physical Education "Foreign Students in Beijing Scholarship":
1. For outstanding students pursuing a degree, the term generally does not exceed four academic years.
2. Learning Chinese language, martial arts, or advanced students, the time limit shall not exceed one academic year.
3. Outstanding students or overseas students who specialize in training should not exceed one academic year.
4. For students with inter-school exchanges or special contributions, the time limit shall not exceed one academic year.
The Capital Institute of Physical Education "Foreign Students in Beijing Scholarship" is divided into the following five types according to the amount of funding:
1. The doctoral scholarship is 40,000 RMB/person/academic year.
2. Master's degree scholarship is 30,000 RMB/person/academic year.
3. Undergraduate scholarship is 20,000 RMB/person/academic year.
4. Scholarship for advanced students or long-term language students is 10,000 yuan/person/academic year.
5. The scholarship for inter-school exchange students or students with special contributions is 5000 yuan/person/academic year.
Sources of Funds and Management
The school shall submit the previous year's scholarship implementation report and the application report of the distribution plan for foreign students enrolled in the fall of that year to the International Cooperation and Exchange Office of Beijing Municipal Education Commission before the end of March each year, and obtain the annual scholarship quota.
The Beijing Foreign Student Scholarship can only be used to reduce or exempt all or part of the tuition fees of international students, and cannot be used for other purposes. Accounts will be established and accounted separately by the Finance Department, and the special funds will be used exclusively. Accept the inspection and supervision of the Disciplinary Supervision and Inspection Office.
Applicant Qualifications and Conditions
Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens and in good health.
Educational background and age:
1. To apply for a bachelor's degree, you must have a high school diploma or above, and in principle, the age should not exceed 30 years old. To study for a master’s degree, you must have a bachelor’s degree or above, and in principle, the age should not exceed 35 years old. To study for a doctoral degree, one must have a master’s degree or above, and in principle, the age shall not exceed 40 years old.
2. Applicants for further studies in relevant majors must have a degree equivalent to a university graduate or should be a second-year or higher university student, and in principle, the age should not exceed 50 years old. Long-term advanced students who apply for language or martial arts majors should have a high school degree or above and be under 60 years of age.
3. Applicants for research visits must have a master's degree or the title of associate professor or above, and in principle, the age should not exceed 50 years old.
Basic conditions for applicants:
1. Love the People's Republic of China.
2. Consciously abide by Chinese laws and regulations, and abide by the school's rules and regulations.
3. Honest and trustworthy, good moral character.
4. Excellent studies or good scores in HSK exams during school.
Applicants who have received funding from the Chinese government or other similar awards will no longer enjoy the Capital Institute of Physical Education "Foreign Students in Beijing Scholarship".
Application Method, Time and Materials
1. Consultation is conducted through the government departments, relevant agencies, and Chinese embassies and consulates in the country responsible for the dispatch of international students.
2. Visit the website of the Beijing Municipal Education Commissionwww.bjedu.gov.cnMake an inquiry.
3. Apply directly to the school.
Scholarships for foreign students are applied on an annual basis, and the school will start accepting applications after receiving the annual scholarship indicator notification issued by the superior authority. In principle, all application materials should be submitted to the school before the end of February each year.
Applicants must truthfully fill in and submit the following application materials:
1. "Capital Institute of Physical Education "Foreign Students in Beijing Scholarship" Application Form (APPLICATION FORM FOR BEIJING GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIP)". The application form can be obtained from the school or downloaded from the school website.
2. Notarized highest academic degree certificate and academic transcript.
3. Those who have studied for more than 6 months (including 6 months) need to issue a "Foreigner Physical Examination Record" (uniformly printed by the Chinese Health and Quarantine Department).
4. Applicants who are studying for a degree or engaged in research should provide a study plan (no less than 400 words) or a research plan (no less than 800 words).
5. Applicants under the age of 18 must submit relevant legal documents of their legal guardians in China.
6. The application materials submitted by the applicant will not be returned regardless of whether it is approved or not.
Evaluation and Approval of Scholarships
The establishment of the Capital Institute of Physical Education "Foreign Students in Beijing Scholarship" project review team. The members include the heads of the International Education College, the Academic Affairs Office, the Graduate School, the Finance Office, the Disciplinary Supervision Office, and the International Students Office. The daily office is located in the International Students Office.
The school will review the applicant's materials annually, and submit the list of scholarship students to the International Cooperation and Exchange Office of Beijing Municipal Education Commission.
The school generally sends the "Admission Notice" and JW202 form to the students who are eligible for scholarships three months before enrollment.
If the applicant's conditions do not meet the enrollment requirements or the application materials are incomplete, the application will be deemed invalid and will not be accepted.
Foreign students in school can apply directly to the school, once a school year, and eligible students can apply continuously.
The principles of openness, fairness and justice shall be adhered to in the evaluation of scholarships for foreign students.
The evaluation team of the Beijing Foreign Student Scholarship Program of Capital Institute of Physical Education will conduct a comprehensive evaluation based on each applicant's application qualifications, conditions, academic records and usual performance. Refer to the "Capital Institute of Physical Education "Foreign Students in Beijing Scholarship" Evaluation Criteria" for the evaluation criteria and scoring index of academic performance and usual performance.
The evaluation team of the Capital Institute of Physical Education "Foreign Students in Beijing Scholarship" project will submit the recommended list and relevant materials of the applicant to the school's supervisor for review and approval.
The school shall evaluate the study and related conditions of scholarship students every year. Scholarship students will be disqualified from the scholarship if they violate Chinese laws, violate school discipline and school rules and are persuaded that education is invalid, or have academic performance that does not meet relevant requirements. After the scholarship students finish their studies, the school shall make a comprehensive evaluation of them.
Visa to China and Registration
Scholarship students can take the "Admission Notice" and JW202 form to the Chinese embassy or consulate in their country to apply for visa procedures in China.
Winners of the Capital Institute of Physical Education "Foreign Students in Beijing Scholarship" must present their admission notice, register and go through the registration procedures at the specified time. The tuition fee can be paid to the school for the difference.
Any student who fails to register on time for some reason should explain the situation directly to the school. Those who fail to register without the approval of the school will be treated as automatically abandoning their student status and the scholarship qualification will be automatically canceled. Those who register early will be responsible for their own expenses.
Undergraduate students must take one-year Chinese tuition before entering their majors. After the tuition, their Chinese proficiency should be equivalent to HSK level 4.
Master's degree students must go through more than one year of Chinese tuition before entering their majors. After tuition, their Chinese proficiency should be equivalent to HSK level 6.
Article 30 All students who have passed the Chinese language tuition must pass the entrance examination of the receiving department before entering the professional study. Only those who pass the examination can enter professional study. During the professional study period, undergraduates will follow the school's Academic Affairs Office's regulations on undergraduate student status management, and postgraduates will follow the school's graduate school's regulations on student status management. The major and school cannot be changed halfway.