Independent enrollment program scholarship
The "Autonomous Enrollment Program for Chinese Universities" is a full scholarship provided to the provincial education administrative departments of some provinces and autonomous regions in China and some Chinese universities for the direct selection and recruitment of outstanding young foreign students to study in China for postgraduate degrees. There are currently 271 Chinese universities undertaking independent enrollment projects.
Types of funding, duration, and language of instruction
1. This project recruits graduate students and doctoral students. The duration of the scholarship for master students is 2-3 years; the duration of the scholarship for doctoral students is 3-4 years;
2. The duration of the scholarship is the duration of study determined at the time of admission, including the duration of professional study and Chinese language tuition, and in principle, it will not be extended;
3. The teaching language is generally Chinese, and some schools can provide English teaching for some majors (for details, please refer to the introduction of Chinese institutions and majors).
2. Scholarship content
●Comprehensive medical insurance;
Please refer to "Introduction to Chinese Government Scholarships" for specific funding criteria and content.
Application channels and application time
Applicants should apply directly to the relevant Chinese colleges and universities. The application period is generally from early January to early April. Please check with the relevant schools for the specific application time.
1. Non-Chinese citizens, in good health;
2. Educational background and age requirements:
●Applicants who come to China to study for a master's degree must have a bachelor's degree and be under the age of 35;
●Applicants who come to China to study for a doctoral degree must have a master's degree and be under the age of 40.
3. In principle, students who have already studied in China will not be accepted.
1. Applicants can directly submit applications to relevant Chinese universities undertaking independent enrollment projects;
2. Applicants must log in to the "China Scholarship Council Online Application System for Studying in China", fill in the application information online, submit and print the "Chinese Government Scholarship Application Form" online;
3. Applicants must prepare corresponding materials according to the requirements of the following "application materials" list and submit them to the applicant university within the specified time.
Note: The China Scholarship Council only accepts applications from universities and colleges that undertake independent enrollment projects, and does not accept direct applications from individual students. The operating instructions of the "China Scholarship Council Online Application System for Studying in China" and the "Accepting Agency Number" must be directly consulted and obtained from the relevant universities.
Application materials (all in duplicate)
1. "Chinese Government Scholarship Application Form" (filled in Chinese or English);
2. Notarized highest education certificate. If the applicant is a student at school, he must also submit a certificate of enrollment issued by the school he is attending. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations;
3. Academic transcripts. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations;
4. Study and research plan in China (not less than 800 words), written in Chinese or English;
5. Recommendation letters from two professors or associate professors, written in Chinese or English;
6. Students applying for music majors must submit CDs of their own works; students applying for fine arts majors must provide 2 sketches, 2 color paintings, and 2 CDs of other works;
7. A copy of the "Foreigner Physical Examination Form" (the original is kept by yourself). This form is uniformly printed by the Chinese Health and Quarantine Department and must be filled out in English. Applicants should strictly follow the required items in the "Physical Examination Form for Foreigners" to conduct inspections. The "Foreigner Physical Examination Form" that is missing, does not have a photo of the person affixed, or the photo is not stamped with a seam seal, is not signed and stamped by a physician or hospital, is invalid. Because the examination result is valid for 6 months, the applicant is requested to determine the time for the physical examination accordingly;
8. If you have obtained the HSK score report, please also attach it to the application materials.
Note: Please bind all application materials into a book (two volumes in one type) in the upper left corner in the above order. The application materials will be sent to the China Scholarship Council before April 30 by the institution undertaking the enrollment of this scholarship. The application materials will not be returned regardless of whether they are admitted or not.
Admission and notification
1. The university that undertakes the independent enrollment project is responsible for reviewing the application materials and determining the candidates for admission;
2. Applicants who are admitted to colleges and universities can receive Chinese government scholarships to study in China after they pass the review by the China Scholarship Council;
3. Each scholarship recipient can only receive funding from one Chinese government scholarship program; for scholarship applicants who have been admitted to multiple universities at the same time, the China Scholarship Council will only reserve the scholarship qualification for one school;
4. The China Scholarship Council will send the "Admission Notice" and "Visa Application Form for Studying in China" (JW201 Form) to the admission institutions before the end of June, and they will forward the above documents to the students themselves;
5. Scholarship recipients are not allowed to change their admission institutions after coming to China; in principle, they are not allowed to change their majors and duration of the study;
6. Scholarship qualifications will not be reserved for those who cannot come to China to study within the time limit for admission.
Contact information of China Scholarship Council
Telephone: 0086-10-66093970, 66093978
E-mail: email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
Website: http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua www.campuschina.org
Department: Inbound Affairs Department of China Scholarship Council
Address: 13th Floor, Building A3, No. 9 Chegongzhuang Street, Xicheng District, Beijing, China
Post Code: 100044