Bachelor's degree admission guide
(1) School profile
China University of Political Science and Law is a university with many disciplines including literature, history, philosophy, economics, management, etc. as the main body of law. The China University of Political Science and Law is a key university under the National 211 Project and a key university under the "'985' Advantage Discipline Innovation Platform" project. It is a key university directly under the Ministry of Education.
China University of Political Science and Law is known as "the highest institution of legal education in China". There are 18 teaching units including the School of Law, the School of Civil and Commercial Economics, the School of International Law, the School of Criminal Justice, the School of Politics and Public Administration, the School of Business, and the School of International Education. Currently, the school has 24 undergraduate majors. The school has 38 doctoral degree authorization points, 78 master degree authorization points, 8 professional master degree authorization points, and 4 post-doctoral research mobile stations. The school has established cooperative and exchange relationships with 283 well-known universities, scientific research institutions, and international organizations in 54 countries and regions.
(2) Professional settings
The school offers 16 undergraduate majors for foreign students, including Law, Chinese Language, Sociology, Administration, International Politics, Political Science and Administration, Public Service Management, Business Administration, Economics, International Business, Philosophy, Journalism, Chinese language and literature, applied psychology, English, German.
(3) School system and semester
The undergraduate education system is 4 years. You can apply for early or postponement of graduation according to the completion of your studies.
Each academic year of China University of Political Science and Law is divided into spring and autumn semesters. The fall semester is generally from September to January of the following year, and the spring semester is generally from March to July. The specific date is subject to the school calendar of the year.
(4) Application qualifications
1. Following the relevant provisions of the Nationality Law of the People's Republic of China, non-Chinese citizens who hold a valid foreign passport and are physically and mentally healthy.
2. In principle, the age is required to be between 18 and 25 years old (calculated from September 1, 2003).
3. According to the regulations of the Ministry of Education of China, residents of Mainland China (Mainland), Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan who apply as foreign students after immigrating and obtaining foreign nationality must hold a valid certificate before April 30, 2017, A foreign passport or nationality certificate, and a certificate of cancellation of Chinese nationality, and a record of actual residence abroad for more than 2 years from April 30, 2017, to April 30, 2021 (the actual residence abroad has been completed in a year Nine months can be calculated as one year, subject to entry and exit signatures).
4. According to the Nationality Law of the People's Republic of China and the relevant regulations of the Ministry of Education of China, if both or one of the parents are Chinese citizens and settled in a foreign country, the person who has foreign nationality at birth does not have Chinese nationality. Starting from 2021, their application as a foreign student to enter the undergraduate level of our school, in addition to meeting the other qualifications of our school, must also hold a valid foreign passport or nationality certificate before April 30, 2017, and A record of actual residence in a foreign country for more than 2 years between April 30, 2017, and April 30, 2021 (the actual residence in a foreign country for 9 months in a year can be calculated as one year, with entry and exit stamps as quasi).
(5) Application materials
1. Download and fill in the "Application Form for Foreign Students Admission to China University of Political Science and Law" (see attachment);
2. Full-time high school graduation certificate or equivalent academic qualification certificate (new graduates can first provide the expected graduation certificate), which must be original or notarized, and the language is Chinese or English;
3. Transcripts of all courses at the senior high school stage must be original or notarized copies, in Chinese or English;
4. New Chinese Proficiency Test (HSK) Level 4 (inclusive) or higher certificate (applicants for Chinese language majors may not provide it);
5. A photocopy of the front page and all visa pages of an ordinary passport (passport is valid after March 31, 2022);
6. Applicants under the age of 18 must submit the notarization of the legal guardian in China and relevant legal documents;
7. The birth certificate and the nationality identification documents of both parents at the time of the applicant's birth, including the certificate of permanent residency in foreign countries;
8. "Foreigner Physical Examination Form" (this form is uniformly printed by the Chinese health and quarantine department and must be filled in in English). Applicants should strictly follow the required items in the "Physical Examination Form for Foreigners" to conduct inspections. The "Foreigner Physical Examination Form" that is missing, does not have a photo of the person affixed, or the photo is not stamped with a seam seal, is not signed and stamped by the doctor and the hospital is invalid. The inspection result is valid for 6 months;
9. No criminal record certificate. Applicants must submit a valid non-criminal record certificate issued by the local public security agency and must submit a certificate within 6 months of the date of application.
10. Award certificate or other supporting materials.
Please scan the originals of the above application materials and sequentially integrate them into a PDF document (document naming format "2021 foreign undergraduate-name"), and at the same time a 2-inch recent frontal photo (with white background, no border, and head occupies the size of the photo). Two-thirds, no less than 320*240 pixels, 4:3 aspect ratio, 100-500KB in size, JPG format) should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org before May 15, 2021 (electronic Email subject format: 2021 foreign undergraduate-name). There is no need to send paper materials at the registration stage. Please bring the original documents for reference when you come to the school to register.
Candidates shall be responsible for the authenticity, accuracy, completeness, and validity of the application materials submitted by them. All adverse consequences and responsibilities for admission or admission due to ambiguous, missing, invalid, or false application materials shall be the applicant's bear.
(6) Expenses (RMB)
1. Registration fee: 660 yuan/person
2. International student medical insurance: 800 yuan/academic year
The Ministry of Education of China stipulates that international students in China must purchase medical insurance from insurance companies in mainland China. International students can pay online before registering, or purchase medical insurance on the spot on the day of registration. The school will not go through the registration procedures for those who have not purchased the required medical insurance.
3. Tuition: 20,000 RMB/academic year
4. Accommodation fee: charged according to accommodation conditions
5. Scholarship information
Please refer to http://sis.cupl.edu.cn/jxj/zgzfjxj.htm
International Students Office, School of International Education, China University of Political Science and Law
Address: Room A1101, Research Building, China University of Political Science and Law, 25 Xitucheng Road, Haidian District, Beijing, China
Post Code: 100088
Phone: (86-10) 58908240, 58902883