Chinese Government Scholarship——"University Research" Project
The "University Research" program is a scholarship provided to the provincial education administrative departments of some provinces and autonomous regions in China and some Chinese universities for the direct selection and recruitment of outstanding young foreign students to study in China.
Funding category, duration, and language of instruction
1. Funding category: only includes master students and doctoral students.
2. Duration of funding: 2-3 academic years for master students; 3-4 academic years for doctoral students. The funding period is the length of study determined at the time of admission, including the period of professional study and Chinese language tuition.
3. Teaching language: Generally Chinese, some majors can be taught in English.
Applicants who choose Chinese as the language of instruction (studying for a master's degree or a doctoral degree) should have a Chinese proficiency at level 4 of the "Chinese Proficiency Test" (HSK4);
Including full scholarship and partial scholarship. The full scholarship includes tuition, accommodation, living expenses, and comprehensive medical insurance. Partial scholarships are one or more of the full scholarships.
The standard the accommodation fee is:
-Undergraduate students (preparatory students), master students (general scholars): 700 yuan/month;
-Doctoral students (senior scholars): 1,000 RMB/month;
The standard of living expenses is:
-Undergraduate: 2,500 RMB/month;
-Master's degree students and general scholars: 3,000 RMB/month;
-Doctoral students and senior scholars: RMB 3,500/month;
Living expenses are paid by the school on a monthly basis. Scholarship students who register before the 15th (including the 15th) of the month will receive a full month's living allowance; those who register after the 15th will get half a month's living allowance; the living expenses of graduates will be paid to the graduation day determined by the school For the next half month; if the scholarship student leaves China for more than 15 days due to personal reasons during the school period (except for normal holidays), the living allowance will be suspended during the period of absence.
Application acceptance agency and application time
Application acceptance agency: China University of Political Science and Law
Institution code: 100053
Types of scholarship programs: Type B
Application time: generally from March to April
1. Non-Chinese citizens, in good health;
2. Educational background and age requirements:
-Those who come to China to study for a master's degree must have a bachelor's degree and be under the age of 35;
-Those who come to China to study for a doctoral degree must have a master's degree and be under the age of 40.
1. The applicant submits an application to the China University of Political Science and Law.
2. Log in to the "Chinese Government Scholarship Management Information System for Studying in China" (login to http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina or http://www.campuschina.org, and then click the "Online Application Student Entrance" icon to enter ) Fill in the application information, submit and print the "Chinese Government Scholarship Application Form" online.
3. Submit the application materials to the China University of Political Science and Law within the specified time.
Note: The China Scholarship Council does not accept direct applications from individual students.
1. "Chinese Government Scholarship Application Form" (filled in Chinese or English);
2. The first page of the passport. Applicants must submit a clear scanned copy of the first page of a Japanese ordinary passport with a validity date later than March 1, 2022. If the validity period of the current passport does not meet the requirements, please renew your passport in time. For applicants who are unable to apply for a passport before submitting the application due to objective reasons, with the permission of the accepting agency, they can submit valid certificates or supporting documents containing their "English name, gender, nationality, date of birth" and other information.
3. The highest degree certificate that has been notarized. If the applicant is a student at school, he/she must submit the expected graduation certificate or proof of enrollment issued by the school where he/she is studying.
4. Academic transcripts. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations;
5. Study or research plan in China. (Not less than 200 words for undergraduates, no less than 500 words for advanced students, no less than 800 words for graduate students), written in Chinese or English;
6. Letter of recommendation. Applicants for master's and doctoral degrees and those who apply to study in China as advanced scholars must submit two letters of recommendation from professors or associate professors, written in Chinese or English;
7. Students who apply for music majors must submit their own works; students who apply for fine arts majors must provide 2 sketches, 2 color paintings, and 2 other works of themselves;
8. Applicants under the age of 18 must submit relevant legal documents of their legal guardian in China;
9. Applicants who have studied in China for more than 6 months must submit a copy of the "Foreigner Physical Examination Form" (the original is kept by yourself. This form is uniformly printed by the Chinese Health and Quarantine Department and must be filled in in English). Applicants should strictly follow the required items in the "Physical Examination Form for Foreigners" to conduct inspections. The "Foreigner Physical Examination Form" that is missing, does not have a photo of the person affixed, or the photo is not stamped with a seam seal, is not signed and stamped by the doctor and the hospital is invalid. The inspection result is valid for 6 months;
10. Proof of no criminal record. Applicants must submit a valid non-criminal record certificate issued by the local public security agency, usually within 6 months of the date of submission of the application.
The following materials are recommended:
1. Pre-admission notice issued by the host institution of Chinese government scholarship students;
2. Proof of language ability. Such as HSK score reports, IELTS or TOEFL score reports.
Note: All materials uploaded through the system must be clear, true, and effective. It is recommended that the applicant use professional equipment to scan the relevant documents to be submitted. The applicant shall bear the consequences caused by the unclear or unrecognizable uploaded materials.
Admission and notification
1. China University of Political Science and Law is responsible for reviewing application materials and determining candidates for admission;
2. The candidates who are to be admitted will be approved by the China Scholarship Council and will be granted a Chinese government scholarship to study in China;
3. Each scholarship recipient can only receive funding from one Chinese government scholarship program. For scholarship applicants who have been admitted to multiple universities at the same time, the China Scholarship Council will only reserve the scholarship qualification for one school;
4. The China Scholarship Council will send the "Admission List", "Admission Notice" and "Visa Application Form for Studying Abroad in China" (JW201 Form) to the admission institution before June 30, which will forward it to the student;
5. Scholarship recipients are not allowed to change their admission institutions, majors, and duration of study after coming to China;
6. Scholarship qualifications will not be reserved for those who cannot come to China to study within the time limit for admission.
Contact Information of China Scholarship Council
Tel: 0086-10-66093970 or 66093978
E-mail: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Website: http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina or www.campuschina.org
Department: Inbound Affairs Department of China Scholarship Council
Address: 13th Floor, Building A3, No. 9 Chegongzhuang Street, Xicheng District, Beijing, China
Post Code: 100044
Contact information of the School of International Education, China University of Political Science and Law
Address: A1101, Scientific Research Building, No. 25, Xitucheng Road, Haidian District, Beijing
Post Code: 100088