Chinese Government Scholarship
☆ Please note: We do not recruit Chinese government scholarship students through any intermediary company
☆ Please submit the scholarship application materials in duplicate, and a photocopy is enough
In order to enhance the mutual understanding and friendship between the Chinese people and the people of the world, develop exchanges and cooperation between China and other countries, cultivate outstanding international talents, and build my country's higher education brand, entrusted by the Ministry of Education of China, Dalian Maritime University will recruit 2021 globally Level Chinese government full-time master and doctoral scholarship students.
In order to cooperate with the implementation of the "Chinese Government Scholarship", in accordance with the "Chinese Government Scholarship Application Measures", these rules are specially formulated.
(Note: Affected by the epidemic, some work or time requirements may be adjusted, subject to subsequent actual notifications)
The basic situation of the scholarship
Enrollment quota, category and deadline
1. The 2021 Dalian Maritime University Chinese Government Scholarship University Autonomous Enrollment Program enrolls graduate students and doctoral students (language and literature majors other than Chinese are not in the scope of application). The duration of the scholarship for master's students is 2-3 years (2 years for the master's program taught in English and 3 years for the master's program taught in Chinese), and the duration of the doctoral scholarship is 4 years.
2. The teaching language is generally Chinese, and some majors can be taught in English. For specific majors, see Annex 1 for details.
3. The duration of the scholarship is the duration of study determined at the time of admission, including the duration of professional study and Chinese language tuition. In principle, it will not be extended.
4. The scholarship recipients must be managed in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Chinese Government Scholarship after coming to China. Scholarship recipients of this program cannot change their admission institutions after coming to China; in principle, they cannot change their majors and duration of the study.
5. Applicants must confirm that the materials submitted are true and valid. If any false materials are provided, the scholarship qualification will be canceled after verification; if the circumstances are serious, the admission qualification will be canceled;
1. Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens and in good health;
2. Applicants must be students who are not studying in China (the graduation period of graduates studying in China must exceed one academic year);
3. Applicant's academic qualifications and age requirements:
Those who come to China to study for a master's degree must have a bachelor's degree and be under the age of 35;
Those who come to China to study for a doctoral degree must have a master's degree and be under the age of 40.
4. Have not obtained other kinds of scholarships funded by the Chinese government or local Chinese government at the same time
Scholarship content (RMB)
1. Free tuition and free on-campus accommodation.
2. Provide scholarship living expenses, the specific standards are as follows:
Master's degree students: 3,000 RMB/month/person
Doctoral students: RMB 3,500/month/person
The living expenses of the scholarship will be paid by the school on a monthly basis from the date of enrollment of the scholarship students. Freshmen who register before the 15th (15th included) of the registration month will receive a full-month scholarship living allowance; those who register after the 15th will receive a half-month scholarship living allowance. The scholarship living expenses of graduates shall be paid half a month after the graduation date determined by the school. For those who suspend, drop out, or leave school and return to China for some reason, the scholarship living allowance will be suspended from the month after the school leaves. The scholarship living allowance will be issued during the school holidays; scholarship students who fail to receive the scholarship living allowance on time due to leave school during the holiday can be repaid after returning to school. Scholarship students who fail to register on time without applying for leave, leave school for non-health reasons, or absent from school for more than one month, will stop paying the scholarship living allowance for that month.
Scholarship students who need to take a leave of absence due to pregnancy should return to their country for birth or recuperation, and their travel expenses will be borne by themselves, and the scholarship living expenses will be suspended during the period of leave. Scholarship students who suspend their studies due to other reasons, their qualifications for scholarships will not be retained.
3. Comprehensive medical insurance for international students coming to China under Chinese government scholarship.
Chinese Government Scholarship for International Students in China Comprehensive Medical Insurance: The Chinese Ministry of Education provides the payment for comprehensive medical insurance. It is mainly used for the expenses paid by the students due to serious illness hospitalization or personal accidental injury. The school of the scholarship student or the rescue agency that accepts the advance payment shall hold the relevant expense receipt and settle the compensation to the insurance company in accordance with the pre-defined insurance clauses. Insurance companies do not accept personal claims.
4. International travel expenses: self-care.
Application channels and application time
* All applicants do not need to contact the tutor of the applying institution during the application process.
Applicants must truthfully fill in and submit the following application materials:
1. "Chinese Government Scholarship Application Form": Applicants applying for Chinese Government Scholarship must fill in and submit the application information in the "Online Application System for Studying in China" of the China Scholarship Council, and print and sign the submitted application form before attaching it Other application materials should be submitted directly to the Admissions Office of the International Student Education Center of our school.
The website of the CSC Online Application System for Studying in China is http://www.campuschina.org
Note: When filling in the online application form of the "Online Application System for Studying in China" by the Scholarship Council:
①The acceptance agency number is 10151 (Dalian Maritime University).
② Item 5 in the application form b) "Apply to study a major or research topic in China", please fill in the name of the major in our school's master's degree and doctoral degree candidates' professional catalog. (For the professional catalog, please refer to Annex 1)
All applicants do not need to apply for a second time on the admissions website of the International Student Education Center of our school
2. The highest degree certificate that has been notarized. If the applicant is a school student or is already employed, he/she must also submit an enrollment certificate issued by the school or an employment certificate issued by the employer. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations. All notarized originals can be submitted when entering the journal;
3. Academic transcripts. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations;
4. Plan to study and research in China. The study plan written in Chinese should not be less than 2000 words for masters and 3000 words for doctoral degrees; the study plan in English should not be less than 2500 words. The content should include academic background and work experience, academic research results, proposed research plan, personal development goals after graduation, etc.;
5. Recommendation letters from two professors or associate professors of the applicant's graduate school. Written in Chinese or English;
6. "Foreigner Physical Examination Record" (copy, the original should be kept by yourself): This form is uniformly printed by the Chinese Health and Quarantine Department. It is limited to those who have studied in China for more than 6 months and must be filled out in English. Applicants should strictly follow the items required in the "Foreigner Physical Examination Record" for inspection. The "Foreigner Physical Examination Record" that is missing, does not have a photo of the person affixed, or the photo is not stamped with a seam seal, is not signed and stamped by the doctor and the hospital, is invalid. In view of the fact that the inspection result is valid for 6 months, the applicant is requested to determine the time for the physical examination accordingly; (see Annex 2 for details)
7. A copy of the valid passport of the applicant;
8. A copy of the HSK certificate. If the applicant has an HSK certificate, please provide a copy (if not, you may not provide it);
9. Copy of TOEFL or IELTS score report. Applicants who choose English-taught majors should provide TOEFL or IELTS score reports (except applicants whose official language is English). Those without the above certificates can provide other official English proficiency certificates;
10. 6 photos (color 2-inch headless ID photo, white background without border, head occupies 2/3 of the photo size, photo size not less than 320*240 pixels, aspect ratio 4:3, size 100- 500KB, JPG format);
11. "Certificate of No Criminal Record".
12. Other materials. If you have published papers, award certificates and other materials that can prove your academic achievements and research capabilities, please provide the title, abstract, publication and supporting documents of your thesis.
Note: No matter whether you are admitted or not, the application materials will not be returned.
Application time and review method
The application deadline is March 31, 2021.
1. Applicants must send the scholarship application materials (electronic and paper versions) to the publicly-funded admissions teacher email@example.com before March 31, 2021 , and mail them to Office 403, Admissions Department, International Students Education Center, Dalian Maritime University . After the International Student Education Center confirms the applicant's qualifications and application materials, it will forward the qualified applicant materials to the relevant departments.
2. The International Student Education Center will conduct the final review with experts from relevant departments.
3. Dalian Maritime University will report the results to the China Scholarship Council for the record after the review is completed. The nominated candidates, after passing the review by the Scholarship Council of China, can receive Chinese government scholarships to study in China.
4. The final admission result will be notified to the applicants via email.
5. Dalian Maritime University will send the admission notice and visa application form (JW201) to the scholarship recipients before the end of August.
6. The scholarship recipients must go through the registration and registration procedures in accordance with the time set by the school. Those who fail to register without approval will be treated as automatically abandoning their student status, and the scholarship qualifications obtained will be automatically canceled.
7. International students who receive scholarships must participate in the annual scholarship review as required. Those who fail to pass the review will be suspended or disqualified from the scholarship.
Admission notice and admission time
1. The final admission result will be notified to the admitted candidates via official email at the end of July.
2. The entrance time is September 2021.
The implementation rules are interpreted by the International Student Education Center of Dalian Maritime University.
Contact: Jing Dinan
Contact number: +86-411-84727317
Mailing address: Office 403, Admissions Department, International Student Education Center, Dalian Maritime University
No. 1, Linghai Road, High-tech Park, Dalian 116026, China