Autonomous Enrollment Programs Scholarship
The basic situation of the scholarship
Enrollment quota, category and deadline
1. The 2021 Dalian University of Technology Chinese Government Scholarship University Autonomous Enrollment Program enrolls graduate students and doctoral students (language and literature majors other than Chinese are not in the scope of application). The duration of the scholarship for master students is 3 years, and the duration of the scholarship for doctoral students is 4 years.
2. The teaching language is generally Chinese, and some majors can be taught in English. For specific majors, see the attachment.
3. The duration of the scholarship is the length of study determined at the time of admission, including professional studies, and in principle cannot be extended.
4. The scholarship recipients must be managed in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Chinese Government Scholarship after coming to China. Scholarship recipients of this program cannot change their admission institutions after coming to China; in principle, they cannot change their majors and duration of study.
1. Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens and in good health;
2. Applicants must be students who are not studying in China (the graduation period of graduates studying in China must exceed one academic year);
3. Applicant's academic qualifications and age requirements:
Those who come to China to study for a master's degree must have a bachelor's degree and be under the age of 35;
Those who come to China to study for a doctoral degree must have a master's degree and be under the age of 40.
4. Language proficiency requirements:
For masters and Ph.D applicants, their language proficiency is determined by the tutor and the department based on the specific circumstances of the interview and written examination.
To apply for Chinese-taught courses, HSK scores (valid for two years) are required. The requirements are as follows:
4.1 To apply for science, engineering, economics and management majors, HSK Level 4 180 points and above are required;
4.2 Applicants who major in humanities and social sciences and philosophy must have a score of 180 or above in HSK Level 5.
To apply for English-taught courses, the following proof of English proficiency is required:
4.3 To submit a TOEFL or IELTS score report, in principle, a score of 80 or above is required, and a score of 5.5 or above for IELTS;
4.4 Proof that the language of instruction in the previous stage was English;
4.5 Applicants from countries where English is the official language are exempt from submitting English language proficiency certificates.
Scholarship content (RMB)
1. Free of tuition and free on-campus accommodation.
2. Provide scholarship living expenses, the specific standards are as follows:
Master's degree students: 3,000 RMB/month/person
Doctoral students: RMB 3,500/month/person
The living expenses of the scholarship will be paid by the school on a monthly basis from the date of enrollment of the scholarship students. Freshmen who register before the 15th (15th included) of the registration month will receive a full-month scholarship living allowance; those who register after the 15th will receive a half-month scholarship living allowance. The scholarship living expenses of graduates shall be paid half a month after the graduation date determined by the school. For those who suspend school, drop out of school, or leave school for some reason and return to China, the scholarship living allowance will be suspended from the next month after leaving school. The scholarship living expenses will be issued during the school holidays; scholarship students who fail to receive the scholarship living expenses on time due to leaving school during the vacation can be repaid after returning to school. Scholarship students who fail to register on time without applying for leave, leave school for non-health reasons, or absent from school for more than one month, will stop paying the scholarship living allowance for that month.
Scholarship students who need to suspend their studies due to pregnancy or serious illnesses should return to their home country to give birth or recuperate, and their travel expenses shall be borne by themselves; upon the approval of the school, the scholarship qualifications can be retained for up to one year, but the scholarship living expenses will be suspended during the suspension period. Scholarship students who suspend their studies due to other reasons, their qualifications for scholarships will not be retained.
3. Comprehensive medical insurance for international students coming to China under Chinese government scholarship.
Comprehensive medical insurance for international students studying in China under Chinese government scholarship: the comprehensive medical insurance paid by the Ministry of Education of China for scholarship students in China. It is mainly used for the expenses paid by the students due to serious illness hospitalization or personal accidental injury. The school of the scholarship student or the rescue agency that accepts the advance payment shall hold the relevant expense receipt and settle the compensation to the insurance company in accordance with the pre-defined insurance clauses. Insurance companies do not accept personal claims.
4. International travel expenses: self-care.
Application channels and application time
Applicants should apply to the School of International Education of our school from November 1, 2020-before the end of March 2021, and send the electronic application materials to email@example.com.
Applicants must truthfully fill in and submit the following application materials:
(Please send all application materials in zip format. Please name the subject format of the email with "DUT application number + passport surname + passport name", for example: 20201100001+ABDUR + MUHAMMAD)
* All applicants must first contact the tutor and obtain the tutor acceptance letter before continuing to apply for the scholarship. Our school does not accept applications without a tutor acceptance letter. Our school provides Chinese and English homepages and contact information of tutors, please refer to the attachment.
1. Dalian University of Technology Master/Ph.D. application list (see attachment for details)
2. Applicants applying for Chinese Government Scholarship must fill in and submit the application information in the "Online Application System for Studying in China" of the China Scholarship Council, print and sign the submitted application form, and then attach the required materials to our school directly.
The website of the CSC Online Application System for Studying in China is:
Note: When filling in the online application form of the "Online Application System for Studying in China" by the Scholarship Council:
2.1 The acceptance agency number is 10141 (Dalian University of Technology).
2.2 In the application form "Apply to study a major or research topic in China", please fill in the name of the major in our school's master's and doctoral students' admissions catalog. (See the attachment for the professional catalog)
2.3 If you choose to teach in English, please indicate on the application form.
For applicants who have not filled out the online application, our school will not accept their applications.
Applicants for doctoral programs can fill in the "Liaoning Provincial Government Scholarship Application Form" at the same time, which is required to be filled out in Chinese or English. See the attachment for details of the form.
All applicants need to apply online at our school at the same time, the application website is: http://iso.dlut.edu.cn/
For applicants who have not filled out our school's online application, our school will not accept their applications.
Please refer to the attachment for the enrollment catalog of master's and doctoral students in our school.
3. The highest degree certificate that has been notarized. If the applicant is a student at school or is already employed, he/she must also submit an enrollment certificate issued by the school or employment certificate issued by the employer. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations;
4. Academic transcripts. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations;
5. Study and research plan in China (not less than 800 words), written in Chinese or English. Please elaborate on the major or research direction you plan to study in our school;
6. Our school tutor acceptance letter (see the attachment for the template);
7. Recommendation letters from two professors or associate professors of the applicant's graduate school, written in Chinese or English;
8. "Foreigner Physical Examination Record" and blood test report (copies, the original should be kept by yourself): This form is uniformly printed by the Chinese health and quarantine department. It is limited to those who have studied in China for more than 6 months and must be filled out in English. Applicants should strictly follow the items required in the "Foreigner Physical Examination Record" for inspection. The "Foreigner Physical Examination Record" that is missing, does not have a photo of the person affixed, or the photo is not stamped with a seam seal, is not signed and stamped by the doctor and the hospital, is invalid. Since the examination result is valid for 6 months, the applicant is requested to determine the time for the physical examination accordingly; please attach the blood examination report;
9. A copy of the applicant's valid passport (more than six months);
10. HSK, IELTS, TOEFL scores, etc.;
11. No criminal certificate;
12. 6 photos (3cm*4cm).
Admission notice and admission time
The admission result will be notified to applicants at the end of July 2021, and the enrollment time will be September 2021.
Contact: Lu Na
mailing address:No. 2 Linggong Road, High-tech Park, Dalian City, Liaoning Province (Zip Code: 116024)
School of International Education, Dalian University of Technology
Contact number: +86-411-84706048