International Chinese Teacher Scholarship
To meet the international community’s increasing demand for Chinese language education talents, promote the development of Chinese language education around the world, and help the growth of international Chinese language education talents, the Ministry of Education’s Sino-foreign Language Exchange Cooperation Center (hereinafter referred to as the Center) has established an international Chinese teacher scholarship (hereinafter referred to as the Center) Referred to as scholarship), focusing on training qualified overseas Chinese teachers. Confucius Institutes, independently established Confucius Classrooms, some Chinese test sites, relevant foreign educational institutions, Chinese teachers majors in universities/Chinese departments, relevant foreign Chinese teaching industry organizations, Chinese embassies (consulates) abroad, etc. (hereinafter referred to as recommended institutions) Excellent students and in-service Chinese teachers can be recommended to Chinese universities (hereinafter referred to as host colleges) to study and further study Chinese international education and related majors.
Objects of funding
1. Non-Chinese nationals;
2. Physical and mental health, good character and learning;
3. Aspiring to engage in Chinese education, teaching and related work;
4. The age is 16-35 years old (unified on September 1, 2021). In-service Chinese teachers are relaxed to 45 years old, and applicants for undergraduate scholarships are generally under 25 years old.
Scholarship categories and application requirements
1. Doctoral students majoring in Chinese International Education
Enrollment in September 2021, the funding period is 4 years.
Have a master's degree, with a master's degree in Chinese as a foreign language, linguistics, Chinese international education or education-related majors. A minimum score of 200 in the HSK (Level 6) and 60 in the HSKK (Advanced) in the Chinese test. More than 2 years of working experience in Chinese teaching and related fields. Those who provide a work agreement or relevant certification for the teaching institution to be taught after graduation is preferred.
2. Postgraduates majoring in Chinese International Education
Enrollment in September 2021, the funding period is 2 years.
Have a university degree. A minimum score of 210 in the HSK test (Level 5) and 60 in the HSKK (Intermediate) test are required. Those who provide a work agreement or relevant certification for the teaching institution to be taught after graduation is preferred.
3. Undergraduates majoring in Chinese International Education
Enrollment in September 2021, the funding period is 4 years.
Have a high school diploma. A minimum score of 210 in HSK (Level 4) and 60 in HSKK (Intermediate) in the Chinese test.
4. One-year trainee
Enrollment in September 2021, the funding period is 11 months. International students in China will not be admitted.
For international Chinese education, with a score of 270 in the HSK test (Level 3) and an HSKK score; in the fields of Chinese Language and Literature, Chinese History, and Chinese Philosophy, with a score of 180 in the HSK (Level 4) and 60 in the HSKK (Intermediate) test. Points: For Chinese language study, with a score of 210 in the HSK test (Level 3), those who provide HSKK scores are preferred.
5. One-semester trainee
Enrollment in September 2021 and March 2022, the funding period is 5 months. Those who have X1 and X2 visas in their passports are not admitted. Chinese International Education, Chinese Language and Literature, Chinese History, Chinese Philosophy, etc., with a minimum score of 180 in the HSK test (Level 3), with an HSKK score; Chinese medicine, Tai Chi culture, with HSK scores, and HSKK scores are preferred.
6. Four weeks trainee
Enrollment in July or December 2021, the funding period is 4 weeks. Those who have X1 and X2 visas in their passports are not admitted.
Chinese language training, traditional Chinese medicine, Tai Chi culture, Chinese language + Chinese family experience, etc., with HSK scores. The recommending institution can organize a group to register, and contact the receiving institution in advance to determine the study plan in China, and submit it to the center for approval in advance. Each group has 10-15 people.
7. Joint training project
The center and relevant national education departments, universities, host colleges and other cooperative scholarships, specific enrollment methods, briefs, quotas and other information are updated and released on the international Chinese teacher scholarship registration website on time.
From March 1, 2021, applicants can log on to the International Chinese Teacher Scholarship Application Website (cis.Chinese.cn) to apply for the International Chinese Teacher Scholarship.
Log in to the scholarship website to inquire about recommending institutions and receiving institutions; submit application materials online, pay attention to the application process, review opinions and scholarship review results; scholarship recipients and receiving institutions confirm the procedures for studying in China, and print the award certificate online; press the receiving institution Enter the journal at the time specified in the school admission notice.
Deadline (subject to Beijing time):
1. Enrollment in July: The deadline for student application is April 15th, and the deadline for review of recommending institutions and receiving institutions is April 25th;
2. September admission: The deadline for student application is May 15th, and the deadline for review by recommending institutions and receiving institutions is May 25;
3. Admission in December: The deadline for student application is September 15th, and the deadline for review by recommending institutions and host institutions is September 25th;
4. Enrollment in March 2022: The deadline for student application is November 15th, and the deadline for review of recommending institutions and receiving colleges is November 25th.
The center entrusts an expert group to conduct centralized evaluation: based on HSK and HSKK test scores and levels, taking into account factors such as country, the scholarship evaluation will be completed and the evaluation results will be announced about 3 months before enrollment.
About the Chinese Bridge winners
Those who have won the 2021 "International Chinese Teacher Scholarship Certificate" in various Chinese Bridge competitions, log on to the International Chinese Teacher Scholarship website and submit application materials to the target host institution with the scholarship certificate.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recommending institutions and receiving institutions
The recommending institution and the host institution perform territorial responsibilities in accordance with these Measures and provide services such as consultation, recommendation, and enrollment.
1. Relevant professional training programs and teaching courses can be consulted with the target receiving institution.
2. Applicants must understand the specific enrollment conditions and deadlines of the target host colleges, and submit application materials in accordance with relevant regulations.
3. Students with academic qualifications must participate in the annual review. For details, please refer to the "Annual Review Method for the International Chinese Teacher Scholarship".
4. Failure to register on time, unqualified entrance physical examination, dropout in the middle of school, suspension of scholarship, cancellation of scholarship qualifications.
Contact information of the center
Examination and Scholarship Office
1. Scholarship funding content and standards
2. List of scholarship application materials
International Chinese Teacher Scholarship Funding Contents and Criteria
The scholarship funding includes tuition, accommodation, living expenses (except for four-week study students), and comprehensive medical insurance.
1. The tuition fee is coordinated by the host institution for the cultivation and management of scholarship students, cultural activities, and organizing Chinese tests.
2. The accommodation fee is coordinated and used by the host institution to provide students with free dormitories, usually double rooms; those who choose off-campus accommodation after scholarship application and approval by the host institution will be paid monthly or quarterly by the institution. The accommodation fee is standard for doctoral students. It is 1,000 yuan/month, and 700 yuan/month for other scholarship students.
3. Living expenses are paid monthly by the receiving institution. The standard for undergraduates, one-year and one-semester research students is 2500 RMB/month; for master students majoring in Chinese International Education, it is 3000 RMB/month; and doctoral students majoring in International Chinese Education is 3500 RMB/month.
Scholarship students will enter the journal at the time specified in the acceptance letter of the receiving institution, otherwise the scholarship qualification will be canceled. Those who register before the 15th (including the 15th) of the month will receive the full living allowance of the month; those who register after the 15th will receive the half-month living allowance of the month.
Scholarship students who have left China for more than 15 days due to personal reasons during their studies (excluding winter and summer vacations) will not be paid for their living expenses during their absence.
Scholarship students who suspend or drop out of school due to personal reasons, or receive disciplinary sanctions from the host institution, will be suspended from the payment of living expenses from the date of suspension, withdrawal, or receiving notice of sanctions.
The living expenses of graduates (completion) will be paid to half a month after the completion (completion) the date determined by the school.
4. The comprehensive medical insurance premium shall be implemented in accordance with the relevant regulations of the Ministry of Education of China for studying in China, and shall be purchased by the host institution. The standard for four-week trainees is 160 yuan/person, one-semester trainees are 400 yuan/person, and the standard for one academic year or more is 800 yuan/year/person.
List of Application Materials for International Chinese Teacher Scholarship
1. Proof materials related to all applicants
（1）Scanned copy of passport photo page.
（2）A scanned copy of HSK and HSKK score reports (valid for two years).
（3）A letter of recommendation from the person in charge of the recommending institution.
2. Proof materials related to academic degree students
（1）Provide the highest degree certificate (certificate of expected graduation) and school transcripts.
（2）The Ph.D. of Chinese International Education must provide two recommendation letters from associate professors (inclusive) or above in relevant professional fields or experts with equivalent professional titles. Provide a personal statement in Chinese (including understanding of the subject and major of the application for the examination, drafting a research plan, about 3000 words). Those who provide a work agreement or relevant certification for the teaching institution to be taught after graduation is preferred.
（3）The Master of Chinese International Education must provide two recommendation letters from supervisors with the title of associate professor or above. Priority is given to those who provide a work agreement for the teaching institution to be held after graduation.
3. The in-service Chinese teacher must attach the in-service certificate and recommendation letter issued by the employment agency.
4. Applicants under the age of 18 must submit an untrusted certificate signed by the guardian in China.
5. Applicants must also provide other certification materials required by the host institution.