1. Q: What kind of university is the East China University of Technology?
A: The East China University of Technology was founded in 1956. It is the first higher education institution in China’s nuclear industry. It is a joint venture of the Jiangxi Provincial People’s Government, the National Defense Science and Technology Industry Bureau, the Ministry of Natural Resources, and China National Nuclear Corporation. Characteristic, a multidisciplinary university with science and engineering as the mainstay, economics, management, literature, law, teaching, and arts. It is a pilot university for the "Excellent Engineer Education and Training Program" of the Ministry of Education, a university selected for the "111 Program" of the Ministry of Education, and the "Middle and Western Regions" The "University Basic Ability Construction Project" supports universities and the "New Engineering" research and practice project is selected as a university and a national defense education school. It is a training base for the selection and training of non-commissioned officers of the Chinese People's Navy and a talent training base for China National Nuclear Corporation.
2. Q: What is the school code of the East China University of Technology?
3. Q: How is the faculty of the East China University of Technology?
A: The school currently has more than 2,800 faculty members, including more than 1,690 full-time teachers, more than 950 teachers with doctoral degrees, and more than 650 professors and associate professors. Among the teachers are the double-appointed academicians of the Chinese Academy of Sciences and the Chinese Academy of Engineering, the "Specially-appointed Professor of the Yangtze River Scholars Award Program of the Ministry of Education", the winner of the "National Science Fund for Distinguished Young Scholars", the national "New Century Hundreds and Thousands of Talents Project" candidates, and the new Ministry of Education Century Outstanding Talent, National Model Teacher, National Outstanding Teacher, "Recipient of Special Allowance from the State Council", Jiangxi "New Century Talent Project" candidate, Jiangxi Province "Double Thousand Plan" candidate, "Ganpo Yingcai 555 Project candidate", Jiangxi Province "Jinggang Scholar", Jiangxi Province "Teaching Teacher Award" winner, "Jiangxi Province Main Discipline Academic and Technical Leader", "Jiangxi Provincial Government Special Allowance Winner" and a group of academic leaders. The school has hired more than 200 well-known experts and scholars at home and abroad, including Nobel Prize winners, academicians of the American Academy of Sciences, academicians of the Russian Academy of Sciences, and Russian presidential advisers, as part-time or visiting professors of the school.
4. Q: How many campuses does the East China University of Technology currently have?
A: The school has two campuses in Nanchang and Fuzhou.
5. Q: What are the application qualifications for the International Student Program of the East China University of Technology?
A: Eligibility for application:
- Foreign citizens, aged 18 or above (by January 1, 2020), be in good physical and mental condition.
- Well performed both academically and behaviorally, abide by Chinese government laws and school rules, respect Chinese customs.
- The requirements for degree and age:
The applicant must:
Be a high school graduate and no more than 25 when applying for the bachelor programs.
Be a bachelor’s degree holder and no more than 30 when applying for the master's programs.
Be a master’s degree holder and no more than 35 when applying for doctoral programs.
6. Q: What is the application process for the International Student Program of the East China University of Technology?
A: Application process:
Step1: Fill in the application form online
Applications to all programs could be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Don’t need to deliver any paper material.
Step2: Submit application materials
1) ECUT Application Form for International Students with a personal signature.
(Download it from the web page http://is.ecut.edu.cn/wpplicationwormwwwww/list.htm).
2) A copy of the passport information page.
3) Notarized highest diploma and official transcript.
4) Foreigner physical examination form (photocopy) and copies of blood test reports.
(Please carefully plan your physical examination schedule as the result is valid for only 6 months).
5) No criminal record certificate. (Written in Chinese or English).
6) Financial support statement.
(Required for the self-supported applicants. The supporter’s work or income certificate and ID information. The financial ability can cover the students’ life and study in China).
Certificates that can prove the applicant's academic ability and comprehensive quality can be submitted with the above documents together.
Step3: Online interview or test
7. Q: What is the accommodation fee for international students from the East China University of Technology?
A: Undergraduate students: 400 RMB/month, Master students: 800 RMB/month.
8. Q: Do international students from the East China University of Technology need to buy insurance? How much is the insurance premium?
A: It needs to be purchased, and the insurance fee is 500 yuan/person.
9. Q: Is there any use for the campus card of East China University of Technology?
A: The campus card is important proof of the status of college students. Students should keep them properly and follow relevant instructions.
The main functions of the card include:
- Eating in the cafeteria;
- Entering the library and borrowing books;
- Ward registration for treatment;
- On-campus supermarket consumption;
- On-campus examination and appraisal.
10. Q: When are the opening hours of the library of the School of International Education of the East China University of Technology?
A: Every Tuesday and Wednesday, 09:00-12:00, Room 408, Xuegong Building.
11. Q: How do international students in China get to the East China University of Technology?
A: Public transportation routes for students to reach the university:
From Nanchang Railway Station to Nanchang Guanglan Campus: From Nanchang Railway Station Station Square Bus Station, take bus No. 232 to East China University of Science and Technology Station (Guanglan Avenue intersection) to the north gate of ECUT. The fare is RMB 2 for about an hour.
Nanchang West Station to Nanchang Guanglan Campus: Take the high-speed railbus No. 4 from Nanchang West Station to Fanjia Xincun Station (East Gate of the University), the fare is 5 yuan, about 50 minutes.
From Changbei Airport to Nanchang Guanglan Campus: Take Airport No. 1 at Nanchang Changbei Airport Bus Station to Urban Construction College Station, and then take No. 232 (to Changbei Parking Lot) to East China University of Science and Technology Station.
12. Q: What holidays are there for international students from the East China University of Technology?
A: International students enjoy the same vacation as Chinese students. But we do not have holidays in other countries. Overseas students should pay attention to the holiday arrangements on the school calendar.
In addition to the summer vacation of about two months from the beginning of July to the beginning of September and the winter vacation of about one month in February each year, the main holidays in China include:
- New Year's Day (January 1): One day off
- Spring Festival (New Year's Day in the lunar calendar, around February in the Gregorian calendar): 7 days off
- Ching Ming Festival (April 5): One day off
- Labor Day (May 1): One day off
- Dragon Boat Festival (May 5 in the lunar calendar, around June in the Gregorian calendar): one day off
- Mid-Autumn Festival (August 15th in the lunar calendar, around 9-10 months in the Gregorian calendar): one day off
- National Day (October 1): Three days off
13. Q: What telephone numbers should the international students of the East China University of Technology need to know?
A: Frequently used phone number:
- International Exchange Office: 0791-83897980
- International Student Management Office, School of International Education: 0791-83898582
- Security Office: 0791-83898110
- Police: 110
- Fire: 119
- Medical assistance: 120
- Traffic accident: 122
14. Q: Is there a bank near the East China University of Technology?
A: There are banks such as China Construction Bank, Agricultural Bank of China, Industrial and Commercial Bank of China near the school. Please do not exchange money with strangers on the street, so as not to cause money loss.
- Bank of China customer service telephone: 95566, website: www. boc. cn
- ICBC customer service telephone: 95588, website: www.icbc.com.cn
- China Construction Bank customer service telephone: 95533, website: www.ccb.com
- Customer Service Phone of Agricultural Bank of China: 95599, website: www.abchina.com
- China Postal Savings Bank customer service telephone: 95580, website:www.psbc.com
15. Q: When can the freshmen of the East China University of Technology go to the library to borrow books after enrolling?
A: After the freshmen enroll in the school, the school network center will uniformly run the all-in-one card. The new students themselves will pass the library knowledge network test and will be automatically activated after passing the test.
16. Q: Is there a time limit for borrowing books for international students from the East China University of Technology?
A: 30 days for literature and art books, 15 days for past publications, 60 days for other books; 10 days for audio tapes, and 3 days for CDs.
17. Q: Do all international students of the East China University of Technology need CNKI? What is CNKI?
A: It will be used for general paper checking. CNKI is the China National Knowledge Infrastructure project (China National Knowledge Infrastructure), also known as China Knowledge Network. It is the world's most informative and valuable Chinese website. "China Knowledge Resources Database" is the core resource of CNKI. It is based on subject classification and takes into account users' habits of using documents. The documents in the database are divided into ten albums, including Science and Technology A, Science and Technology B, Science and Technology C, Agriculture, Literature, History and Philosophy, Political Military and Law, Education and Social Science Integration, Electronic Science and Information Science, Economics and Management, etc.
18. Q: Can people who only have a bachelor's degree certificate and without a degree certificate apply for a master's degree in the East China University of Technology?
A: Those who have a nationally recognized undergraduate diploma and who have not obtained a bachelor's degree can apply for a master's degree.
19. Q: Can the East China University of Technology provide preliminary examination papers over the years? Can I purchase reference books for postgraduate entrance examinations?
A: For postgraduates who apply for a master's degree in our school, our school can provide self-proposed test papers for the initial examination for nearly three years. Candidates who need it can bring their valid IDs to the Graduate School (Room 318, Software Building, Nanchang Guanglan Campus) Register for collection. The reference books for postgraduate entrance examinations determined by our school are general undergraduate textbooks or reference books, which can be purchased on the market. The school does not handle the purchase of reference books.
20. Q: How to consult on the admission policy of the East China University of Technology and other issues?
A: You can directly contact the research and recruitment office of our school. The contact number of the research and recruitment office is 0791-83898509. The enrollment guide can be inquired in the enrollment guide in the "Admissions" column of the Graduate School of East China University of Technology
21. Q: Do candidates from the East China University of Technology need to contact their master's supervisor before admission?
A: After entering the school, our graduate students are selected by teachers and students to determine the tutor, so the tutor is uncertain before enrollment; in addition, most tutors have heavy teaching and research tasks, and it is difficult to have the energy to guide many candidates one by one. , Before enrolling, candidates can check the relevant tutor information on the website of the application college or the website of the graduate school.
22. Q: Do all postgraduates of the East China University of Technology have to transfer their files when they enroll?
A: Personnel files of freshmen who are studying for a master's degree in a non-oriented full-time way should be sent to the graduate school of our school according to the time specified by our school. The address is East No. 418 Guanglan Avenue, Changbei Economic and Technological Development Zone, Nanchang City, Jiangxi Province Graduate School of China University of Science and Technology (Zipcode 330013); Freshmen studying for master's degree in directional full-time mode do not need to transfer personnel files, but need to sign a commissioned training agreement; freshmen studying for master's degree in part-time mode do not need to transfer personnel files.