Confucius Institute Scholarship
Scholarship categories and application conditions
1. Master of Chinese Language Education
Enrollment in September 2018, the funding period is 2 years.
Have a bachelor's degree. A minimum score of 210 in the HSK test (Level 5) and 60 in the HSKK (Intermediate) test are required. Those who provide a work agreement or relevant certification for the teaching institution to be taught after graduation is preferred.
2. Bachelor of Chinese International Education
Enrolled in September 2018, the funding period is 4 years.
Have a high school diploma. A minimum score of 210 in the HSK test (Level 4) and 60 in the HSKK (Intermediate) test.
3. One-year trainee
Enrollment in September 2018, the funding period is 11 months. International students in China will not be admitted.
3.1 Chinese International Education
Have a score of 270 in the HSK test (Level 3) and an HSKK test score.
3.2 Chinese languages and literature, Chinese history, Chinese philosophy
A minimum score of 180 in HSK (Level 4) and 60 in HSKK (Intermediate) in the Chinese test.
3.3 Chinese Language Training
Have a score of 180 on the HSK test (Level 3).
4. One-semester trainee
Enrollment in September 2018 and March 2019, the funding period is 5 months. Those who have X1 and X2 visas in their passports are not admitted.
4.1 Chinese International Education, Chinese Language and Literature, Chinese History, Chinese Philosophy
Have a minimum score of 210 in the HSK test (Level 3) and an HSKK test score.
4.2 Chinese Medicine, Tai Chi Culture
Have HSK scores.
5. Four weeks trainee
Enrollment in July or December 2018, the funding period is 4 weeks. Those who have X1 and X2 visas in their passports are not admitted.
5.1 Chinese medicine, Tai Chi culture
Have HSK scores.
5.2 Chinese language and Chinese families experience
Have HSK scores. The Confucius Institute organizes a group to register, and contact the receiving institution in advance to determine the study plan in China, and submit it to the headquarters for approval in advance. Each group has 10-15 people.
5.3 Confucius Institute special four-week student
Have HSK scores. The registration is organized by the Confucius Institute, with 10-15 people per group.
The Confucius Institute Scholarship includes tuition, accommodation, living expenses (except for four-week study students), and comprehensive medical insurance.
1. The tuition fee is coordinated by the receiving institution for the cultivation and management of scholarship students, cultural activities, and organizing the participation of Chinese tests. The tuition fee does not include teaching material fees and tourist attractions tickets.
2. The accommodation fee is coordinated and used by the host institution to provide students with free dormitories, usually double rooms; those who choose off-campus accommodation after the scholarship application and the host institution’s approval, the institution will pay the accommodation fee on a monthly or quarterly basis. The standard is RMB 700 /month.
3. Living expenses are paid by the host colleges every month. The standard for undergraduates, one-year and one-semester research students is 2500 RMB/month; for master students majoring in Chinese International Education, it is 3000 RMB/month.
Scholarship students will enter the journal at the time specified in the acceptance letter of the receiving institution, otherwise, the scholarship qualification will be canceled. Those who register before the 15th (including the 15th) of the month will receive the full living allowance of the month; those who register after the 15th will get half a month's living allowance.
Scholarship students who leave China for more than 15 days due to personal reasons during their studies (excluding winter and summer vacations) will not be paid for their living expenses during their absence.
Scholarship students who suspend or drop out of school due to personal reasons, or receive disciplinary sanctions from the host institution, will be suspended from the payment of living expenses from the date of suspension, withdrawal, or receiving notice of sanctions.
The living expenses of graduates (completion) will be paid half a month after the completion (completion) of the date determined by the school.
4. The comprehensive medical insurance premium shall be implemented by the relevant regulations of the Ministry of Education of China for studying in China, and shall be purchased by the host institution. The standard for four-week trainees is 160 yuan/person, one semester is 400 yuan/person, and the standard for one academic year or more is 800 yuan/year/person.
1. April 20 (Enrollment in July).
2. June 1 (Enrollment in September).
3. September 20 (entry in December).
4. December 20 (entry in March 2019).
Hanban will conduct a centralized evaluation, select the best funding, complete the scholarship evaluation work 2 months before admission, and announce the evaluation results.
How to apply
1. From March 1, 2018, applicants need to log in to our school website (application.php ) and the Confucius Institute Scholarship website ( http://cis.chinese.cn ) at the same time, register online, and fill in the "Confucius Institute Scholarship Application Form" And attach the electronic scanned copy of relevant certification materials. A registration fee of 800 yuan is required when registering on our school website.
2. Contact the recommending agency for online recommendations.
Hanban entrusts Confucius Institutes (independently set-up Confucius Classrooms) in various countries, and some Chinese test sites (such as East China Normal University) as recommended institutions, select and select local applicants, review application materials, and contact the host institutions to collect and transfer scholarships Student admission materials.
3. The application materials will be reviewed by the receiving institution (applicants for our school’s academic qualifications will need to be interviewed), and the pre-admission candidates will be submitted to Hanban. It usually takes 20 working days.
4. Hanban conducts a comprehensive review of eligible candidates and selects the best candidates for admission. Hanban will complete the scholarship review 2 months before the student enrolls.
5. After receiving colleges and award-winning students confirm their intention to study abroad, they will send out the "Admission Notice" and "Visa Application Form for Studying in China" (JW202 Form), and students can print out the award certificate online.
6. After registering as a student, you can enjoy the scholarship benefits of the Confucius Institute.
1. For relevant professional training programs and teaching courses, please consult our school in advance.
2. Applicants must understand our school’s specific enrollment requirements and deadlines for registration, and submit application materials by relevant regulations.
3. Application materials that are incomplete or do not meet the enrollment requirements will not be accepted.
4. If the application materials are falsified or filled out and submitted by others, the application qualification will be canceled once verified.
5. Students with academic qualifications must participate in the annual review. For details, please refer to the "Annual Review Measures for Confucius Institute Scholarships".
6. Failure to register on time, failure to pass the entrance examination, dropout in the middle of school, suspension of scholarship, cancellation of scholarship qualifications.
About the Chinese Bridge winners
Those who have obtained the "Confucius Institute Scholarship Certificate" in various Chinese Bridge competitions in 2018 should log in to the Confucius Institute Scholarship website and submit application materials to the target host institution with the scholarship certificate.
East China Normal University International Students Office
Address: Room 253, Physics Building, No. 3663, Zhongshan North Road, Shanghai (200062)
Hanban Examination and Scholarship Office