Outstanding Undergraduate Freshman Scholarship
Since 2016, East China Normal University has specially established the "East China Normal University Outstanding International Student (Undergraduate) Freshman Scholarship" to subsidize outstanding international students to study for an undergraduate degree in our school. The enrollment methods are as follows (hereinafter referred to as "Freshman Scholarship"):
Target of enrollment
1. Non-Chinese citizens who hold a valid foreign passport with the equivalent of Chinese high school graduation.
2. Apply for undergraduate majors in our school.
1. Possess a Chinese proficiency certificate of HSK-5 level and above, and a comprehensive score of 180 points or more;
2. Winners of major competitions at home and abroad;
3. Excellent high school grades;
4. Not enjoying other scholarships at the same time.
Content and issuance standards
1. The duration of the scholarship is the first academic year after enrollment, and the total amount of the scholarship is RMB 30,000.
2. Distribution method: monthly distribution, 2500 yuan per month, a total of 12 months.
3. This scholarship is not exempt from tuition.
Applicants log on to the website of the International Education Center of East China Normal University to apply online, upload the electronic scanned copies of relevant certification materials, and send the originals of the following application materials to the International Students Office.
1. East China Normal University Outstanding Freshman Scholarship Application Form for International Students (can be printed after the online application is submitted)
2. High school graduation certificate and transcript
① The original Chinese or English copy with the seal and signature of the institution, or the notarized Chinese or English translation.
② Fresh graduates can first provide the originally expected graduation certificate issued by the school.
3. Copy of HSK certificate
4. Copies of award certificates for major competitions at home and abroad
5. Copy of passport
6. Personal statement (no more than 2 pages)
7. Material acceptance fee ￥400 (remittance of ￥400 or $80 is acceptable, and please send the remittance voucher with the application materials.)
June 10, 2018 (the original delivery date of the materials)
The admission list will be posted on the bulletin board on June 20 and notified by email. Please pay attention to inquiries.
Material delivery address
International Students Office, East China Normal University, Room 253, Physics Building, 3663 North Zhongshan Road, Shanghai, China (Zip Code 200062)
Contact: Sun Xiaoqian
Contact number: 86-21-62232013; Fax: 86-21-62238352