Shanghai Government Scholarship
To further promote the development of the education of foreign students in Shanghai, support and encourage more outstanding foreign students and scholars to study in our school, by the relevant provisions of the "Shanghai Foreign Student Government Scholarship Application Trial Measures", combined with the actual situation of our school, This method is specially formulated.
1. Type A scholarship (full scholarship)
Excellent foreign students (doctorate, master, undergraduate) who apply to come to East China Normal University for postgraduate education.
2. Type B scholarship (partial scholarship)
Excellent foreign students (doctorate, master, undergraduate) who apply to come to East China Normal University for academic education
Note: Undergraduate applicants, if their Chinese proficiency does not meet the requirements for entering the major, can study Chinese for one year in the preparatory course and enjoy a full scholarship during the preparatory period. If they fail to meet the requirements for entering the major after the completion of the preparatory course, they will be graduated as Chinese language students.
1. Type A scholarship (full scholarship):
Tuition and accommodation fees are exempted, comprehensive medical and accident insurance is provided, and the monthly living allowance is paid to scholarships. The monthly living expenses are 2,500 yuan for undergraduates, 3,000 yuan per month for postgraduate students, and 3500 yuan per month for doctoral students.
2. Type B scholarship (partial scholarship):
Free of tuition, comprehensive medical and accident insurance
Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens and in good health;
Those who come to China to study for a bachelor's degree have the equivalent of Chinese high school graduation and are under the age of 25;
Those who come to China to study for a master's degree must have a bachelor's degree and be under the age of 35;
Those who are studying for a doctorate in China must have a master's degree and be under 40 years of age.
April 1, 2018-May 15, 2018
1. The school has established a "Shanghai Government Scholarship for Foreign Students" review committee, which is composed of the International Students Office, Academic Affairs Office, Graduate School, Finance Office, and professors from relevant departments to form the International Students Office to take charge of specific affairs.
2. After the International Students Office has determined the qualifications and application conditions of the applicant, it will submit the list of applicants and materials that meet the application requirements to each college for review and comments.
3. The review committee will review the applicant’s materials based on the college’s review comments and the applicant’s materials (interviews can be organized if necessary). The review will be based on the principle of "fairness and impartiality", and finally determine the list of scholarship students and submit it to school leaders Approval.
4. The International Students Office will respectively announce the evaluation results of various scholarships. The evaluation results will be announced on the International Students Office website, and the scholarship recipients will be notified in writing.
How to apply
First, apply online (please log on to www.study-shanghai.org ), the admission code of East China Normal University is 10269. After the online application is successful, please send the following paper materials to the International Students Office of East China Normal University:
1. "Shanghai Government Scholarship Application Form", please automatically generate and print the application form after applying online;
2. Notarized highest education certificate. If the applicant is a fresh graduate of the school, he must submit the certificate of enrollment and the pre-graduation certificate issued by the school he/she is attending (required to submit after obtaining the certificate). Non-Chinese and English versions must be attached with corresponding notarized Chinese or English translations;
3. Academic transcripts. Non-Chinese or English versions must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations;
4. Study and research plan in China (not less than 1000 words), written in Chinese or English;
5. Applicants for Chinese-taught programs should provide HSK level 5 or higher Chinese proficiency test certificate (copy). For undergraduate applicants who have not reached HSK level 5, please provide an existing HSK certificate and apply for one-year Chinese tuition; for English-taught programs, IELTS and TOEFL should be provided Or other proof of English proficiency;
6. Those who intend to study for master's and doctoral degrees should submit two recommendation letters from professors or associate professors, written in Chinese or English;
7. Students who apply for music majors and fine arts majors must provide their own works;
8. Health certificate (copy).
9. Material acceptance fee: 800RMB.
Please remit money to the following account via bank, and the remittance voucher should be mailed together with the application materials.
●Fax copies of application materials will not be accepted.
●Incomplete application materials or unpaid application fees will not be accepted.
●Regardless of whether the applicant is admitted or not, the above application materials will not be returned.
Application materials should be mailed to the International Students Office of East China Normal University before May 15
Undergraduate Project Sun Xiaoqian email@example.com
Master's Program Shuai Xuanyu firstname.lastname@example.org
Ph.D. Project Yin Ying email@example.com
Address: International Students Office, Room 253, Physics Building, 3663 North Zhongshan Road, Shanghai, China
Post Code: 200062
Contact number: 0086-21-62232013