1. Application time
Before June 20, 2021
2. Start time
3. Study period
4. Application conditions
5. Advantageous subjects
(1) Chemistry/material science/engineering/biology and biochemistry/pharmacology and toxicology/agricultural science/computer science
According to the international ranking of the "Basic Science Indicators" database (ESI) of the US Institute of Science and Technology, East China University of Science and Technology has 7 disciplines among the top percent of the world, namely chemistry, materials science, engineering, biology and biochemistry, and pharmacology And toxicology, agricultural science, computer science, and chemistry have entered the ranks of one-thousandth.
(2) Chemical Engineering and Technology/Chemistry
"Chemical Engineering and Technology" is the first major in mainland China to be certified by ABET, and "Chemistry" is the first major in mainland China to be certified by the Sino-Russian joint international science major.
(3) Business School
The business school was accredited by AACSB (The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business) in 2020, and the accreditation period is 5 years; in 2014, it passed the “China High-Quality MBA Education Certification”, becoming the first batch in China to pass this one of the seven accredited universities; obtained the initial accreditation of AMBA (Association of MBAs) in 2011, and unconditionally passed the re-accreditation with the maximum five-year validity period in 2012 and 2017 respectively.
(4) School of Art Design and Media
The College of Art is currently a member of Cumulus (the International Association of Universities and Colleges of Art, Design, and Media), the International Association of Design Colleges. It has won many international design awards such as the Red Dot Award and the IF Award in recent years.
6. Master's degree major
|Faculty||Master's degree||Language of instruction||School system (year)||Part of the tutor information|
|School of Chemical Engineering||chemical engineering and Technology||Chinese or English||3||View tutor|
|Oil and gas engineering||Chinese|
|School of Chemistry and Molecular Engineering||inorganic chemistry||Chinese or English||3||View tutor|
|analytical chemistry||Chinese or English|
|Organic chemistry||Chinese or English|
|Physical Chemistry||Chinese or English|
|Fine synthetic chemistry and molecular engineering||Chinese or English|
|Advanced materials and preparation technology||Chinese|
|School of Biological Engineering||biology||Chinese or English||3||View tutor|
|food science||Chinese or English|
|Biochemical||Chinese or English|
|Biological Engineering||Chinese or English|
|School of Mechanical and Power Engineering||Mechanical engineering||Chinese||3||View tutor|
|Power Engineering and Engineering Thermophysics||Chinese|
|material science and Engineering School||Polymer Chemistry and Physics||Chinese||3||View tutor|
|Materials Science and Engineering||Chinese or English|
|College of Information Science and Engineering||Information and Communication Engineering||Chinese or English||3||View tutor|
|computer science and Technology||Chinese or English|
|Control Science and Engineering||Chinese|
|School of Resources and Environmental Engineering||thermal Engineering||English||3||View tutor|
|Environmental Science and Engineering||English|
|College of Pharmacy||Pesticide Science||Chinese||3||View tutor|
|Faculty of Science||mathematics||Chinese||3||View tutor|
|Business school||applied economics||Chinese||2.5||View tutor|
|Management Science and Engineering||Chinese|
|Business management||Chinese or English|
|School of Social and Public Administration||sociology||Chinese||2.5||View tutor|
|Land resource management||Chinese|
|School of Art Design and Media||Design||Chinese||2.5||View tutor|
|Law school||Jurisprudence||Chinese||2.5||View tutor|
|Foreign Language School||English literature||Chinese or English||2.5||View tutor|
|Japanese Language and Literature||Chinese or Japanese|
|Foreign Linguistics and Applied Linguistics||Chinese or English|
|Institute of Higher Education||Education||Chinese||2.5||View tutor|
|academy of Marxism||philosophy||Chinese||2.5||View tutor|
Chinese Government Scholarship Type A (country awards, etc.)
Chinese Government Scholarship Type B (University Postgraduate Program, etc.)
Shanghai Municipal Government Scholarship
(2) On-campus students
East China University of Science and Technology Scholarship for Outstanding Students in China
Refer to the school's outstanding student scholarship standards, and the award will be evaluated once every academic year.
8. Application materials
(1) A photocopy of the photo page of my ordinary passport.
(2) The highest degree diploma, degree certificate, transcript.
(3) HSK certificate within the validity period ( 2 years); or English language test certificate, proof of learning experience in English-taught programs.
(4) Instructor acceptance letter (if any).
(5) Recommendation letters. Applicants for master's and doctoral degrees must submit two recommendation letters from professors or associate professors, written in Chinese or English. **The recommendation letter should be issued later than September 1, 2020. The recommendation letter must include the following information: the recommender’s title, work unit, contact number, email, and the recommender’s signature.
(6) Study and research plans in China, written in Chinese or English, no less than 800 words.
(7) Other supporting application materials (such as published papers, award certificates, etc.).
(8) A copy of the "Foreigner Physical Examination Form". The original is kept by yourself. This form is uniformly printed by the Chinese health and quarantine department and can be downloaded from the website of the International Education Institute. It must be filled in in English. Applicants should strictly follow the required items in the "Physical Examination Form for Foreigners" to conduct inspections. The "Foreigner Physical Examination Form" that is missing, does not have a photo of the person posted, or is not stamped with a seam seal on the photo, and is not signed and stamped by the doctor or the hospital is invalid. The inspection results are valid for 6 months.
*If you have obtained the pre-admission notice, please attach a copy of the admission notice to the application materials;
*For certificates in languages other than Chinese or English, the original notarized copy of the Chinese or English translation is required;
*For fresh graduates, the original copy of the expected graduation certificate is issued by the school where they are located. If admitted, they must provide a scanned copy of the graduation certificate and degree certificate before registration;
In addition to the above application materials, supplementary materials shall be provided when necessary.
9. Application process
10. Teaching location
The master's program courses are mainly taught on the main campus of Xuhui. According to the arrangement of the college, some majors are taught on the Fengxian campus. The school provides a free school bus service.
11. Admission and Registration
(1) After the application materials are approved, the admission notice and the "Visa Application Form for Studying in China" (JW201/JW202 form) will be sent.
(2) The admitted applicants should bring their ordinary passports, "East China University of Science and Technology Admission Notice", "Visa Application Form for Foreigners Studying in China" (JW201/JW202 Form) to the Chinese Embassy (Consulate) to apply for an entry study visa (X Visa), and with the above-mentioned materials, go to the Admissions Office of the School of International Education of East China University of Science and Technology to complete the enrollment procedures at the time specified in the notice and apply for a residence permit following the relevant regulations of the Exit-Entry Administration of Shanghai Public Security Bureau
12. Fee standard
Master's Program (RMB)
|registry fee||600 yuan|
|Tuition (School Year)||
30,000 yuan (art category)
34,000 RMB (Taught in English)
|Insurance fee (school year)||800 yuan|
The registration fee is paid online after applying, and once paid, it will not be refunded.
Tuition fees for each academic year must be paid from the opening of the journal to the registration
13. Online payment
Domestic area: WeChat/Alipay
Overseas: Visa/Master/Jcb (Handling fees are at your own expense)
14. Bank transfer
Admissions and Academic Affairs Office, School of International Education, East China University of Science and Technology Address: Room 106, Inspirational Apartment, No.130 Meilong Road, Xuhui District, Shanghai, China
Post Code: 200237