1. Q: What kind of university is Southern Medical University?
A: The predecessor of Southern Medical University was the First Military Medical University of the Chinese People's Liberation Army. It was founded in 1951 and was designated as a national key university in 1979. In August 2004, it was transferred to Guangdong Province as a whole and was renamed Southern Medical University. The school is the only medical school among the key construction universities of high-level universities in Guangdong Province. It is the first batch of universities in the country and the only "ministries, commissions and provinces" in Guangdong Province to jointly establish the eight-year undergraduate, master, doctorate program in clinical medicine. One of the eight universities in the country, the first batch of pilot universities for the education and training program for outstanding doctors in the country.
2. Q: What is the school code of Southern Medical University?
3. Q: What is the school scale of Southern Medical University?
A: Enroll students from 31 provinces, autonomous regions, municipalities directly under the Central Government, and Hong Kong and Macao regions across the country. There are 21 teaching institutions and 35 undergraduate majors, including 7 national specialty majors, 10 Guangdong specialty majors, 6 Guangdong famous brand majors, and 20 national first-class undergraduate majors. There are 13,910 full-time undergraduates, 6,502 postgraduates, and 1,020 international students. The annual enrollment ratio of undergraduates to postgraduates is 1.21:1, and the enrollment scale of doctoral students ranks second among independent medical schools in the country and third among all universities in Guangdong.
4. Q: How is the discipline construction of Southern Medical University?
A: There are 10 first-level disciplines authorized for the doctoral degree and 8 post-doctoral mobile stations. Among them, the number of authorized first-level disciplines for a doctoral degree in medicine ranks second among independent medical colleges and universities in the country. It has 5 national key and cultivated disciplines, 7 disciplines are among the top 1% of ESI global rankings, and clinical medicine is among the top 1‰ of the world.
5. Q: How about the faculty of Southern Medical University?
A: There are 202 national-level talents, 341 provincial-level talents, including 3 academicians, 6 dual-employed academicians, 3 national teaching teams, 4 national teaching teachers, 15 national high-level talents (including 10 youth projects) ), 18 Yangtze River Scholars (including 5 young Yangtze Rivers), 19 National Outstanding Youths, 12 National Special Support Programs (3 Young Top Talents), 19 national-level candidates for the "Hundred, Thousand, Thousand, Thousand Talents Project", among the Ministry of Science and Technology There are 6 young scientific and technological innovation leaders and 13 national "Excellent Youth".
6. Q: How is the medical strength of Southern Medical University?
A: There are currently 13 directly affiliated hospitals, with more than 12,600 beds and more than 16.45 million visits annually. It has 17 national key clinical specialties, 60 key clinical specialties of Guangdong Province, and 12 medical quality control centers of Guangdong Province. The Affiliated Nanfang Hospital was selected as the “Climbing Plan” for the construction of high-level hospitals in Guangdong Province, leading the construction of the National Trauma Regional Medical Center, the National Regional TCM (Rheumatology) Diagnosis and Treatment Center, and was selected into the National Diagnosis and Treatment Capacity Improvement Project for Intractable Diseases. The Hospital of Integrated Traditional Chinese and Western Medicine was selected into the National Traditional Chinese Medicine Inheritance and Innovation Project.
7. Q: What are the application materials for the doctoral program of Southern Medical University?
A: Application materials:
- Application Form
- Scanned/copy of the front and back of the ID card
- The electronic version of the frontal photo without headband in color (white or blue ID photo)
- Scanned/Copy of Bachelor's and Master's Degree Certificates
- Scanned/copy of graduation transcripts of bachelor's and master's degree
- Brief description of the research topic to be carried out (1-2 pages)
- Two recommendation letters for senior titles
- Registration fee of 1,000 yuan
8. Q: What are the registration requirements for the master's program of Southern Medical University?
A: Registration conditions:
- Bachelor degree or above, past graduates;
- Students who are interested in management, human resources, marketing, technology, and service management;
- Some students who are about to enter the graduating class of the undergraduate, who have passed the entrance examination organized by Southern Medical University, can study the first year of the project at the same time in the final year of the undergraduate.
9. Q: What are the registration materials for the master's program of Southern Medical University?
A: Registration information:
- Application form (add SMUIPO WeChat request);
- Certificate of English Achievement (Test scores of English test taken, such as Certificate of CET-4 and CET-6 test scores);
- One resume in both Chinese and English;
- A scanned copy of the undergraduate graduation certificate, degree certificate, and undergraduate transcript (for undergraduates in the graduating class, only the transcript is required).
***Please package and send the electronic version of the above-required materials to Teacher Wu’s mailbox: firstname.lastname@example.org
***Registration fee: 500 yuan (paid according to the teacher's guidelines after the initial review of the materials).
10. Q: Excluding the tuition fees for the master's program of Southern Medical University, what other fees do I need to pay?
A: In addition to tuition fees, school accommodation fees, meal fees, insurance fees, transportation fees, visa fees, etc., vary according to personal living standards.
11. Q: What majors can I choose for the master's program of Southern Medical University?
A: Management, human resources, marketing, technology, and service management.
12. Q: What does the entrance examination of the master's program of Southern Medical University test?
A: Exam preparation: Interviews are encouraged to be conducted in English. The examiner will randomly ask students based on the registration information and resumes submitted by the students, such as undergraduate majors, learning experience, why to choose to study abroad, future study plans and career plans Etc.; written test, with subjective analysis questions + English proposition writing, pay attention to current medical hotspots, ask questions, and practice English writing.
13. Q: What are the eligibility requirements for the exchange program of Southern Medical University?
A: Eligibility for application:
- Undergraduate of School of Health Management (freshman)
- Good English level
- There is no make-up exam record for compulsory courses and elective courses
- The average undergraduate grade is Good or above
- Have good interpersonal communication skills
- Hold a valid passport (students who do not have a passport, please apply as soon as possible)
14. Q: What are the application materials for the exchange program of Southern Medical University?
A: Application materials:
- "Exchange Student Application Form" (Add SMUIPO to WeChat to obtain)
- Undergraduate Transcript
- Scanned copy of personal ID card and student ID
- Resume in Chinese and English
- English statement: Why did you choose to participate in this undergraduate exchange program?
15. Q: What is the cost of the exchange student program of Southern Medical University?
A: Exchange student fee:
- Free tuition: No tuition is required for the ISCTE-IUL exchange semester. (The tuition fee payable to Southern Medical University is not exempted).
- Other expenses: air tickets, student visas, living expenses during the stay in Portugal, medical insurance, book fees and other expenses shall be borne by the students participating in the exchange program.
16. Q: What are the application materials for the Doctoral Program of Southern Medical University in China?
A: Application materials:
- Application form
- ID copy/scanned version (front and back required)
- Full face color photo digital version
- Bachelor's degree and master's degree certificate/diploma copy/scan
- Copy/scanned version of undergraduate and graduate transcripts
- Draw up a research plan (up to 2 pages)
- 2 recommendation letters for senior titles
- Application fee of RMB 1,000
17. Q: What is the contact information of Southern Medical University?
A: Contact information:
- Address: Room 308, 3rd Floor, West Building 17, No. 1838, Guangzhou North Avenue, Baiyun District, Guangzhou
- Zip code: 510515
- Phone: 020-62789482
18. Q: What is the admission process of the exchange program of Southern Medical University?
A: Information review---English interview---academy preliminary review---school review---list publicity.
19. Q: What are the qualifications for applying for the International Doctoral Program of Southern Medical University?
A: Senior managers of medical institutions, senior managers of pharmaceutical/medical device manufacturing and distribution companies, senior managers of administrative departments in the field of medicine and health and related industries. Master's degree or above; more than 5 years of management experience or more than 8 years of work experience.
20. Q: After arriving in China, what should I do with the visas for international students from Southern Medical University in China?
A: The X1 visa needs to be converted into a residence permit within 30 days after arrival in China; the X2 visa does not need to be converted into a residence permit.
21. Q: What materials do I need to prepare for the X1 visa for international students from Southern Medical University to convert into a residence permit?
A: Admission notice (original), Application form (original) for foreigners studying in China, foreigner's physical examination form (original), original and photocopy of passport (photo page, visa page, and entry stamp page each), 3 photos (the size of a passport photo), new students will be organized by the staff of the International Students Office to handle them.
22. Q:I have purchased insurance in my own country, do I need to purchase it when I come to Southern Medical University to study?
A: Need to purchase.
23. Q: Can international students from Southern Medical University in China get insurance if they go to private hospitals for treatment?
A: No. The medical institutions involved in the medical insurance liability for international students are limited to public hospitals in the mainland of the People’s Republic of China.