Chinese Government Scholarship
To enhance the mutual understanding and friendship between the Chinese people and the people of the world, and to develop exchanges and cooperation between China and other countries in various fields, the Chinese government has established scholarships to subsidize outstanding students, teachers, and scholars from all over the world to study or conduct research in Chinese universities. The Ministry of Education of China has entrusted the China Scholarship Council (hereinafter referred to as the " China Scholarship Council" ) to be responsible for the enrollment and management of Chinese government scholarship students. Fujian Medical University is qualified to accept Chinese government scholarship students. Applicants can consult with the overseas student dispatching department of their home country or the Chinese embassy (consulate-general) in the country of origin.
For details, please visit http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina or http://www.campuschina.org.
1. Chinese Government Scholarship Program
(1) Country-specific bilateral projects
Full scholarship or partial scholarship is provided by educational cooperation and exchange agreements or consensus reached between China and relevant governments, institutions, schools, and international organizations. This program can recruit undergraduates, postgraduates, doctoral students, general scholars, and senior scholars.
The applicant applies to the international student dispatching department of the home country.
(2) Great Wall Scholarship Project
A full scholarship was provided to UNESCO to support students and scholars from developing countries to study and research in China. This program only recruits general scholars and senior scholars.
The applicant submits an application to the National Committee of UNESCO in the country where it is located.
(3) China - EU Student Exchange Program
The full scholarship provided to students from EU member states aims to encourage students from EU member states to study and conduct research in China, and to enhance mutual understanding and exchanges. This program recruits undergraduates, postgraduates, doctoral students, general scholars, and senior scholars.
Applicants apply to the Education and Culture Department of the Chinese Mission to the European Union.
(4) Pacific Islands Forum Project
The full scholarship provided to students from island countries in the Pacific region aims to encourage and subsidize young students from these countries to study in China. This program can recruit undergraduates, postgraduates, doctoral students, general scholars, and senior scholars.
The applicant applies to the secretariat of the Pacific Islands Forum.
2. Types of funding, duration, the language of instruction, institutions, and majors
(1) Type of funding: undergraduate degree education
(2) Duration of funding:
Including professional study and Chinese tuition (preparatory course) time. See the table below for details:
Professional study period
Duration of Chinese tuition (preparatory course)
Scholarship funding period
4-5 academic years
1-2 academic year
4-7 academic year
(3) Teaching language:
The language of instruction for undergraduates studying in China under the Chinese Government Scholarship is Chinese. Before the Chinese government scholarship students start their undergraduate professional studies, they must study Chinese and basic knowledge for one academic year at the designated preparatory college and pass the examination.
Those who have reached one of the following requirements in language proficiency and basic knowledge level can apply for preparatory education exemption: complete secondary education with Chinese as the language of study, accompanied by a certificate issued by the school where they graduated from the compulsory course of secondary education in Chinese; Chinese proficiency Meet the admission requirements for undergraduate education in the admission institution and attach a copy of the score report of the Chinese Proficiency Test (hereinafter referred to as "HSK" ) (the HSK score report is valid for two years).
Scholarship students who choose to teach in Chinese and whose Chinese proficiency does not meet the professional learning requirements must participate in 1-2 academic years of Chinese learning, and can only start professional learning after meeting the admission requirements of the admission institution, otherwise, they will not be able to continue to study in China on the Chinese government scholarship.
Scholarship students who choose to teach in English or whose Chinese proficiency has reached the professional learning requirements do not need to participate in Chinese tuition.
(4) Institutions and majors:
For details, please visit http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina
Or visit http://www.campuschina.org.
3. Funding content and standards (denominated in RMB)
Including tuition, accommodation, living expenses, and comprehensive medical insurance. For details, please refer to " Introduction to Chinese Government Scholarship
(1) Tuition fees: including the expenses for the training and management of scholarship students, and organizing or supporting scholarship students to carry out cultural and sports activities, visits, partying, and other activities, which shall be coordinated and used by the school;
(2) Accommodation fee: 700 yuan/month, which is the cost of providing free dormitories or granting accommodation subsidies for Chinese government scholarship students. The accommodation fee is coordinated and used by the school. Those who live on campus according to school regulations will be provided with free dormitories, which are usually double rooms; those who choose off-campus accommodation with the approval of the school can get the accommodation fee issued by the school on a monthly or quarterly basis;
(3) Living expenses: 2,500 yuan/ month, paid by the school every month. Scholarship students who register before the 15th (including the 15th) of the month will receive a full month's living allowance; those who register after the 15th will get half a month's living allowance; the living expenses of graduates will be paid to the graduation day determined by the school In the next half month; for scholarship students who leave China for more than 15 days during their studies (except for normal holidays), the living allowance will be suspended during their absence;
(4) Comprehensive medical insurance: please log in
for insurance content and claim settlement procedures to read the " Introduction to Comprehensive Medical Insurance for International Students in China and Guide to Claim Settlement ".
4. Application conditions
(1) Non-Chinese citizens, in good health (no color blindness, no color weakness);
(2) Educational background and age requirements: Must have a high school diploma with excellent grades, and be under 25 years old.
5. Application process
(1) Apply to the overseas student dispatching department of the home country and obtain the qualification for recommendation;
(2) Log in to the " Chinese Government Scholarship Management Information System for Studying in China " (login to http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina or http://www.campuschina.org and click on the " Online Application Student Entrance " icon Enter) Fill in the application information, submit and print the "Chinese Government Scholarship Application Form" online. The operating instructions of the "Chinese Government Scholarship Management Information System for Studying in China " and the " Accepting Agency Number " can be consulted and obtained from the international student dispatching department of the country. The acceptance agency number required for online registration of Fujian Medical University is 10392 ;
(3) Submit the application materials to Fujian Medical University within the specified time;
Note: The China Scholarship Council does not accept direct applications from individual students.
6. Application materials
(1) "Chinese Government Scholarship Application Form" (Chinese or English);
(2) A notarized certificate of the highest degree. If the applicant is a student at school, he/she must also submit a certificate of attendance issued by the school where he/she is studying. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations;
(3) Academic transcripts, texts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations;
(4) Study and research plan in China (Chinese or English, no less than 800 words);
(5) Recommendation letter, written in Chinese or English;
(6) Applicants under the age of 18 must submit relevant legal documents of their legal guardian in China;
(7) "Foreigner Physical Examination Form". This form is uniformly printed by the Chinese Health and Quarantine Department and must be filled out in English. Applicants should strictly follow the required items in the "Physical Examination Form for Foreigners" to conduct inspections. The "Foreigner Physical Examination Form" with missing items, no photo of the person posted, or no seal on the photo, and no signature and seal of the physician or hospital, is invalid. The inspection result is valid for 6 months;
(8) If you have obtained the HSK score report, please attach a copy to the application materials.
The above materials should be bound into a book (in duplicate) in the upper left corner in the above order. Regardless of whether you are admitted or not, the application materials will not be returned.
7. Admission and notification
(1) The China Scholarship Council reviews whether the scholarship applicant meets the application requirements. Applicants who do not meet the requirements or application materials that do not meet the requirements will not be accepted;
(2) The China Scholarship Council will forward the approved application materials to the relevant schools for admission. The China Scholarship Council reserves the right to make appropriate adjustments to the schools, majors, funding categories, scholarship durations, etc. selected by the applicants according to the scholarship funding requirements of various countries, the acceptance capabilities of the scholarship institutions, the professional academic system requirements and the applicant's conditions, etc. The admission result is determined by the school. For the application materials with the pre-admission notice of the school, the China Scholarship Council will directly send the pre-admission college to confirm the admission;
(3) Applicants who have been admitted by scholarship institutions can receive Chinese government scholarships to study in China after they have been approved by the China Scholarship Council. Each scholarship recipient can only receive funding from one Chinese government scholarship program;
(4) The China Scholarship Council will send the "Admission List", "Admission Notice" and "Visa Application Form for Studying Abroad in China" ( JW201 Form) to relevant institutions before July 31, which will forward them to international students The dispatching department or the student himself;
(5) Scholarship recipients are not allowed to change their admission institutions, majors, and duration of study after coming to China;
(6) Scholarship qualifications will not be reserved for those who cannot come to China to study within the time limit for admission.
8. Contact Information of China Scholarship Council
Phone: 0086-10-66093970 , 66093978
E-mail: email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
Department: Inbound Affairs Department of China Scholarship Council
Address: 13th Floor, Building A3, No. 9 Chegongzhuang Street, Xicheng District, Beijing, China
Post Code: 100044