Guangxi Normal University-logo
Guangxi Normal University




1. Q: What kind of university is Guangxi Normal University?

A: Guangxi Normal University is located in Guilin, an international tourist attraction and a national historical and cultural city. It is a university jointly established by the Ministry of Education of China and the People’s Government of Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region, a university of the “Basic Capacity Building Project for Universities in the Central and Western Regions”, and key support from the People’s Government of Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region One of the three universities to build a first-class university in China. There are 3 campuses in Wangcheng, Yucai, and Yanshan, with a campus area of more than 4,100 acres; more than 2,500 faculty members, nearly 27,000 full-time undergraduates, more than 7,000 graduate students, more than 350 doctoral students, and nearly 1,700 international students, There are more than 26,000 adult education students. The school has developed into the "leader" of teacher education in Guangxi, the "main force" of humanities, the "new force" of science and technology, and the "leader" of Guangxi international education. At present, the school is making every effort to promote the construction of "double first-class" and comprehensive reform and strive to achieve the goal of building a domestic first-class, internationally renowned, and distinctive teacher education characteristic of domestic high-level universities.


2. Q: What is the school code of Guangxi Normal University?

A: 10602


3. Q: Do international students of Guangxi Normal University need to take a unified entrance examination?

A: No entrance exam is currently required. In line with international practice, our school evaluates all applications equally. Admissions vary according to the requirements of specific majors and scholarship programs. If an entrance exam is required, we will notify the applicant to attend the interview (or test) in advance.


4. Q: Is there a limit to the number of admissions for international students in Guangxi Normal University?

A: It depends on the situation; there are currently no enrollment restrictions for non-scholarship students, but the number of scholarships is limited. For more information, please refer to the scholarship application rules for each scholarship.


5. Q: What are the majors of English majors for international students in Guangxi Normal University?

A: There are currently no professional English-taught courses. But our partner China Language Institute (CLI, offers a large number of English courses taught by local and international professors with PhDs. Topics include history, culture, literature, business, economy, geography, etc. Please contact info@st​​ for current and future semester information.


6. Q: When is the application time for the Guangxi Normal University International Student Degree Program in 2021?

A: International student degree program: March 1st to May 31st.


7. Q: Can Guangxi Normal University's tuition for one academic year be paid in the semester?

A: Yes.


8. Q: Is there a bank near the campus of Guangxi Normal University that can exchange foreign currency?

A: Yes, there is a branch of Bank of China within a 5-7 minute walk from the campus.


9. Q: Can international students book the dormitory of Guangxi Normal University?

A: Yes, dormitory reservations can be made when submitting the application form. As the dormitory arrangements for international students will be in the order of registration time, there are two options for booking dormitories.


10. Q: How to register to live in Guangxi Normal University's dormitory for international students? Is a deposit required?

A: Students who have booked a room only need to show their passport and admission notice and pay the required deposit to the front desk to check-in, and then you will be taken to the room to arrange.


11. Q: Can Guangxi Normal University international students pay for accommodation in China every month?

A: No. Accommodation fees are paid on a semester basis. If the student returns home early or moves out of the campus before the end of the semester, the remaining paid room fees will not be refunded.


12. Q: Can international students of Guangxi Normal University live in the dormitory during summer or winter vacation?

A: Yes, but you have to pay for it yourself.


13. Q: Is there a common kitchen in the international student dormitory of Guangxi Normal University?

A: Yes, the communal kitchen is provided regularly.


14. Q: Can international students of Guangxi Normal University live off-campus?

A: No. If you must do this, you need to get permission first.


15. Q: Is there any time limit for the reception of visitors in the international student dormitory of Guangxi Normal University?

A: Yes, there is. To maintain good order and create a pleasant learning environment, time restrictions are imposed on foreign students entering the dormitory. (Visit time: Monday to Friday 13:00-14:00, Saturday and Sunday 9:00-23:00)


16. Q: Do visitors have to enter their names to enter the international student dormitory of Guangxi Normal University?

A: Yes, they must register and show their ID to enter the student dormitory.


17. Q: Can international students of Guangxi Normal University stay on campus outside of office hours?

A: Yes, they can. The front desk is available 24 hours a day.


18. Q: Is there a deadline for international students of Guangxi Normal University to check out after completing their studies?

A: Students must check out within one week after completing their studies. If they still stay beyond the one-week limit, they need to notify the front desk of their extension and pay for the number of days after the one-week limit at a non-student price.


19. Q: Does Guangxi Normal University handle visa and residence permit procedures on behalf of students?

A: No, but it will help prepare the documents required for the procedures.


20. Q: Can international students from Guangxi Normal University enter the country with an F visa to re-enter the visa?

A: Yes, but the original visa is invalid. The validity period of the re-entry visa is 3 months from the date of application.


21. Q: In addition to Chinese classes, does Guangxi Normal University offer Tai Chi and other elective courses?

A: In addition to Chinese courses, the courses of each semester also include elective courses such as Tai Chi and calligraphy. Each elective course is usually arranged once a week, voluntary participation, and reasonable fees.


22. Q: Are there any special facilities on the campus of Guangxi Normal University?

A: There are fitness rooms, coffee shops, reading rooms, electronic reading rooms, etc.


23. Q: Can international students of Guangxi Normal University eat in the Chinese student cafeteria?

A: There is a canteen or restaurant for international students on campus. However, they are allowed to go to the Chinese student cafeteria. Chinese student canteens implement an electronic card system, and you can get your electronic card at the office with your student ID.


24. Q: Does Guangxi Normal University arrange for international students to be picked up at the airport?

A: Yes, but there is a charge for airport pick-up.


25. Q: What is the contact information for Guangxi Normal University?

A: Contact information:

  • Contact number: 0086-773-5821163 (international) 0773-5821163 (domestic)
  • Fax: 0086-773-5850305 (international) 0773-5850305 (domestic)
  • Email:
  • Address: Wangcheng Campus: No. 1 Wangcheng, Xiufeng District, Guilin City, Guangxi     
  • Yucai Campus: No. 15, Yucai Road, Qixing District, Guilin City, Guangxi     
  • Yanshan Campus: No. 1, Yanzhong Road, Yanshan District, Guilin City, Guangxi      



Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on Wechat