2021-2022 Hainan University
Hainan Provincial Government International Student Scholarship
Hainan University is entrusted with enrolling international students sponsored by the Hainan Provincial Government. Prospective students and scholars from foreign countries are welcome to apply for the Hainan Provincial Government Scholarship to study at Hainan University.
I . Supporting Categories
The Hainan Provincial Government International Students Scholarship is for prospective international students who wish to study at Hainan University for a bachelor's degree, master’s degree or doctoral degree. Please visit the website https://hd.hainanu.edu.cn/gjjyen/Admission_Guide/Program_Information.htm for programs information.
The scholarship is only for new students, it is unavailable for students who wish to apply to study their native language or a third country language including literature such as English, French etc.
II. Scholarship Coverage
Hainan Provincial Government International Students Scholarship covers: tuition fee, accommodation fee on campus (two students share a room), registration fee, medical and accidental Insurance at Hainan University. The applicant is responsible for all other fees.
III. Where and When to Apply
Where to Apply: The International Admission and Cooperation Office, College of International Education, Hainan University.
When to Apply: Between February 25 and April 30, 2021.
1.Applicants should be non-Chinese citizen, well-behaved and capable of living independent ly. Be obligated to observe Chinese laws and university’s regulations, respect Chinese culture and customs, and fulfill all the conditions of Chinese Entry-exit. Applicants who once held Chinese nationality and then were naturalized as a foreign national or whose parents are both Chinese nationals and have both settled abroad, or one of whose parents is a Chinese national and has settled abroad, and who has acquired foreign nationality at birth shall hold valid foreign passport or certificate of nationality for no less than 4 years and have the record of having lived in a foreign country for more than 2 years in the recent 4 years (as of April 30th of the entry academic year).
2. be a high school graduate under the age of 30 when applying for undergraduate programs; be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for postgraduate programs; be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for doctoral programs.
3. Language Requirements:
1) Applicants for Chinese-taught programs are required to obtain an HSK Band 4 with scores above 180 when applying.
2) Applicants for English-taught programs are required to obtain one of the following English tests: a score of 560 or above (paper-based test) or 78 or above (internet-based test) in the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) , or a minimum overall band of 6.0 when applying.
Condition of exemption of submitting English level certificates: English-speaking students (Countries with English as native language or official language).
V. Application Documents
Applicants must complete the University's online application system at https://hainu.17gz.org/.
And the completed application documents in duplicate must be submitted via post to the Office for International Admission and Cooperation Office, College of International Education, Hainan University before April 30, 2021.
1. Application Form for Hainan Provincial Government International Student Scholarship and Application Form for Foreign Students to HU. The first form is attached and the second should be completed in the online application system and printed.
2. Valid Passport Copy.
3. Notarized highest diploma attained & Academic Transcripts; if the applicant is a campus student, he has to submit an official pre-graduation certificate showing their student status and stating expected graduation date, the original certificate should be provided after admission. If the applicant is an employer, he has to submit a Certificate of Incumbency issued by the unit or company which he’s working for.
4. Proof of Chinese or English proficiency. A valid HSK certificate (Applicants for Chinese-taught programs), or a valid IELTS or TOEFL certificate (Applicants for English-taught programs) .
5. A copy of the Foreigner Physical Examination Form and Blood Test Report. The physical examination must cover all of the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. The form must be fully completed and have the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital, a sealed photograph of the applicant. Incomplete forms or forms without the signature of the attending physician, or the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicant are considered invalid.
6. Two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English.
7. A Study Plan or Research Proposal written in Chinese or English ( a minimum of 1000-1500 words).
8. Certificate of No Criminal Record.
9. International students in China who apply for our University must hold a valid Visa or study type residence permit. In addition, applicants must provide the "Certificate of End of Study" or "Transfer Certificate" issued by the aforementioned school/ University.
10. CV (including publication list if available)
11. If one or both parents of the applicants are Chinese citizens, or applicants who were originally Chinese citizens and obtained foreign nationalities afterward, a certificate of living abroad and the entry and exit seal page of visiting China on the applicant’s passport during the recent 4 years should be provided.
1.All application materials should be bound together on top left corner in the order of 1 to 11and submitted in duplicate (one original & one copy). Whether the application is successful or not, the application documents will not be returned.
2.Application materials which do not meet the above requirements will be regarded as invalid and will not be accepted;
3.Applicants must fill in the system truthfully in Chinese or in English. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations;
4.The office will not send email to every applicants, Please contact us if you need confirmation.
VI. Approval and Notification
1. Hainan University will review the application documents and decide the nominated candidates.
2. Hainan University will deliver materials of applicants who pass the HU review to Hainan Province Education Department and wait for the final admission results (the exact date is decided by Hainan Province Education Department).
3. Hainan University will announce the admission result officially on the website, and post Admission Notice and Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW202) to scholarship winners in July;
4. Registration: The beginning of September generally (specified in the Letter of Admission).
5. Scholarship students must participate in an annual scholarship evaluation. Scholarship holders who fail to meet the requirements will have their scholarship cancelled.
6. Scholarship recipients shall not change their host university, the field of study, or duration of study unless they give up the grant.
7. The Scholarship will not be reserved if the scholarship recipient cannot register before the specified deadline.
- Add: International Admission and Cooperation Office, College of International Education, Hainan University, No.58 Renmin Avenue, Haikou, Hainan Province, 570228, P. R. China
- Contact Person: Ms. Xu, Ms. Zhou
- Tel: +86-898-66286676
- Fax: +86-898-66269571
- E-mail: email@example.com