1. How many campuses does Hohai University have?
Hohai University has three campuses.
2. Where is Hohai University?
Xikang Road Campus:
No. 1 Xikang Road, Nanjing City, Jiangsu Province
No. 8 Focheng West Road, Nanjing City, Jiangsu Province
No. 200, Jinling North Road, Changzhou City, Jiangsu Province
3. What is the area of Hohai University?
It covers an area of 2462 mu(about 1.641 square kilometers).
4. When was Hohai University established?
Hohai University was founded in 1915 by the famous patriotic industrialist and educator Zhang Jian, the Hohai Engineering College. It is China's first higher education institution to train water conservancy talents, creating a precedent for China's water conservancy higher education. Proletarian revolutionaries such as Zhang Wentian and Shen Zemin once studied in Hehai and embarked on the revolutionary road from here. In 1924, it merged with Southeast University to form Hohai University of Engineering. In 1927, it was merged into the Civil Engineering Department of the Fourth Sun Yat-sen University (after passing through the Civil Engineering Department of Jiangsu University Engineering College, the Water Conservancy Group of the Central University Engineering College, the Water Conservancy Department of Central University, and the Water Conservancy Department of Nanjing University. Wait for several renames). In 1952, the Water Conservancy Department of Nanjing University, Jiaotong University, Tongji University, Zhejiang University and other colleges and universities established the East China Water Conservancy College, with Qian Zhengying as the first dean. In 1960, the school was recognized as a national key university by the Central Committee of the Communist Party of China. In 1985, the traditional school name "Hohai University" was restored, and Comrade Deng Xiaoping inscribed the school name.
5. How many students are there at Hohai University?
As of September 2020, there are 54478 students in various academic education, including 18,813 postgraduates, 2,165 general undergraduates, 14,201 adult education students, and 1,299 international students.
6. How about the teaching level of Hohai University?
The school is one of the first batches of universities authorized to grant bachelor's, master's and doctorate degrees in the country. The two disciplines of water conservancy engineering, environmental science and engineering were shortlisted for the construction of first-class disciplines. Engineering, environment/ecology, computer science, material science, earth science, agricultural science and other disciplines have entered the top 1% of the ESI world rankings. In the fourth round of national discipline evaluation, the discipline of water conservancy engineering was awarded A+ with excellent results; the two disciplines of civil engineering, environmental science and engineering ranked A-, among the top 10% of the country; Marxist theory, management science and engineering 3. Three disciplines of business administration were rated as B+, ranking among the top 20% in the country. It has 1 first-level national key discipline, 7 second-level national key disciplines, 2 second-level national key discipline cultivation centers, 10 first-level provincial key disciplines, and 16 post-doctoral mobile stations. There are a total of 40-degree authorization points, covering 9 disciplines including philosophy, economics, law, education, literature, science, engineering, agriculture, and management, including 16 first-level discipline doctoral degree authorization points and 37 first-level disciplines Disciplinary master degree authorization point. 19 authorized points for master's degree categories; 63 undergraduate majors.
7. What should I do if I cannot report to school on time?
Freshmen holding admission notices and relevant certificates, go through the admission procedures within the specified time limit according to the relevant requirements of the school and participate in the comprehensive admission test according to the regulations. Those who cannot register on time for some reason should apply for leave from the International Education Institute with relevant certificates in advance, and the maximum leave period should not exceed one month. Those who fail to ask for leave or ask for leave overdue will be deemed to have waived their enrollment qualifications, except for legitimate reasons such as force majeure.
8. How long is the school system?
The standard academic system for studying for a bachelor's degree is 4 years, with a minimum of 3 years and a maximum of 6 years.
The standard academic system for studying a master's degree in academic degree is 3 years, and the standard academic system for studying a master's degree in professional degree is 2 to 3 years. The minimum length of study is not less than 2 years and the longest is not more than 5 years.
The standard academic system for studying for a doctoral degree is 4 years, with a minimum length of study of not less than 3 years and a maximum of 6 years.
9. Who should I ask for leave during my study at Hohai University?
International students who go out due to illness or other reasons must go through the leave procedures. Those who ask for leave within seven days shall be submitted to the Institute of international education for the record after being approved by counselors and tutors; Those who ask for leave for more than seven days but less than one month shall be examined and approved by the president in charge of the Institute of international education; Those who ask for leave for more than one month but less than three months shall be examined and approved by the president of the Institute of international education. After the leave is approved, the international students should inform the relevant teachers in time.
There are many ways to check the attendance of international students, such as course study, campus practice, social practice, etc. Those who have not been granted leave or ask for leave beyond the time limit will be treated as absenteeism. Students who are absent from class will be criticized, educated or punished according to the circumstances.
10. Do I need to submit instructions for applying for leave?
If you want to apply for sick leave, you must attach a hospital certificate; if you apply for a personal leave, you must attach the relevant certification materials.
11. Can I change my major after enrolling?
International students are generally not allowed to change majors after enrollment. If they really need to apply for a major change due to special circumstances, they will usually apply within the first month of each semester. They can only apply once at most, and they must meet one of the following conditions:
(1) After entering school, because of certain diseases or special difficulties, he cannot study in his original major, but he can still study in other majors;
(2) Those who do have the expertise and related achievements, and can better utilize their expertise when transferring to a major;
(3) Due to changes in training conditions or instructors, it is impossible to continue training in the original major;
(4) Meet the requirements of the major to be transferred, and the college agrees and passes the assessment of the college to be transferred.
12. What is the process of change a major?
Postgraduate: After the application is submitted in person, approved by the supervisor, approved by the dean of the college, transferred to the college for assessment and signed acceptance opinions, reviewed by the International Education Institute, and approved by the school leadership, it shall be reported to the Graduate School for the record.
Undergraduate students: apply in person, after being approved by the dean of the college, planning to be transferred to the college for assessment and signing acceptance opinions, reviewed by the International Education College, and approved by the school leaders, then report to the Academic Affairs Office for the record.
13. Can I change tutors during graduate school?
After the postgraduates of international students have confirmed their supervisors, they are generally not allowed to transfer to supervisors. If it is necessary to apply for transfer of tutors due to special reasons, one of the following conditions shall be met:
(1) The tutor cannot continue to assume the responsibility of guiding graduate students due to health reasons;
(2) The supervisor's work unit is transferred;
(3) The tutor is not suitable to continue to serve as the tutor of the graduate student.
14. What is the procedure for changing tutors?
(1) The application should be submitted by the student; the original tutor and the tutor to be transferred shall be approved, and after being reviewed by the school and submitted to the School of International Education for approval, the graduate school will file for the record;
(2) If the tutor cannot continue to assume the responsibility of guiding graduate students or is not suitable to continue guiding graduate students, with the consent of the student, the college may discuss and decide to transfer to a tutor, and submit it to the School of International Education for approval, and then the Graduate School will file for the record.
15. Can I transfer schools while studying at Hohai University?
International students are generally not allowed to transfer. If you are unable to continue studying at this school or do not meet the learning requirements of this school due to illness, special difficulties, or special needs, you can apply for a transfer. You cannot apply for transfer under any of the following circumstances:
(1) Turning from a low level of education to a high level of education;
(2) Those who should be withdrawn from school;
(3) There are clear regulations before admission;
(4) There is no legitimate reason for transfer.
16. What is the transfer process?
Postgraduate: After the application is submitted in person, approved by the instructor, approved by the dean of the college, reviewed by the International Education Institute, and approved by the school leader in charge, the International Education Institute will handle the student's student status, immigration and immigration procedures following relevant national regulations, and Report to the Graduate School for the record.
Undergraduate students: apply in person, after the approval of the dean of the college, the review of the International Education College, and the approval of the leaders of the school in charge, the International Education College will handle the student's student registration, immigration, and immigration procedures following relevant national regulations, and report to the educational affairs Department for the record.
17. How can I graduate successfully?
Following the regulations of the training plan, the graduate students shall complete the course study and compulsory links within the prescribed study period and pass the grades, complete the graduation (degree) thesis and pass the defense, meet the graduation requirements, and be granted graduation and issued a graduation certificate. Meet the degree-granting conditions, and the degree certificate will be issued after the school's degree evaluation committee has reviewed and approved it.
Undergraduates who have obtained the total credits and various credits specified in the training program within the prescribed length of study, and pass the grades, will be allowed to graduate and be awarded a graduation certificate. Meet the degree-granting conditions and issue a degree certificate.
18. Can the graduation certificate be reissued if it is lost?
If the academic certificate, degree certificate, and other certificates are lost or damaged, the corresponding certificate can be issued upon application by the applicant and verification by the school. The certificate has the same effect as the original certificate.
19. Do I have to have a physical examination?
Freshmen studying at the school need to undergo a physical examination. If an international student has already undergone a physical examination in their home country, please come to the school with the original "Foreigner Physical Examination Record", and send the original to the Jiangsu International Travel Health Care Center for certification and archiving to obtain a certificate issued by the Jiangsu International Travel Health Care Center "Health Certificate", which will be used to process residence permit applications. Jiangsu International Travel Health Care Center will arrange supplementary medical examinations such as blood tests according to the physical examination in the original "Physical Examination Record for Foreigners". Certification fee: 60 yuan/person.
If the international student has not had a physical examination in his home country, or his physical examination record has expired, he must go to the Jiangsu International Travel Health Care Center for a physical examination. The medical examination fee is 430 yuan/person.
20. Where to have a physical examination?
Jiangsu International Travel Health Care Center
Address: Zhongjian Building, No. 1 Baixia Road, Nanjing
Telephone: 025-52345700, 025-52345711
Physical examination time: Monday to Friday 8:30-11:00 am
21. What should be paid attention to during physical examination?
International students must be fasted for physical examination and physical examination certification and must bring their passport, the original copy of the "Foreigner Physical Examination Record", and 2 two-inch photos.
22. How to apply for a residence permit?
International students must apply for a residence permit at the Exit-Entry Administration Office of Nanjing Public Security Bureau within 30 days after entering the country with an X1 visa. materials needed:
(1) Original and photocopy of valid passport (required to hold an ordinary passport) and visa;
(2) School official letter and "Admission Notice" indicating the duration of the study;
(3) The original copy of the "Visa Application Form for Foreigners Studying in China" (JW201 Form or JW202 Form);
(4) Fill in the "Foreigner's Visa and Residence Permit Application Form" and paste a recent two-inch full-faced color photo without a hat on a white background;
(5) Temporary accommodation registration certificate;
(6) For applicants who have a study period of more than one year and are over 18 years of age, the original "Verification Certificate of Physical Examination Record of Foreign Personnel" issued by Jiangsu International Travel Health Care Center is also required.
23. About the residence permit, what should I pay attention to?
(1) International students holding a residence permit can stay in China within the validity period of the residence permit, or enter and exit China multiple times.
(2) International students who need to continue to stay or reside in Nanjing after the expiration of their visa or residence permit must apply to the Exit-Entry Administration Office of Nanjing Public Security Bureau for an extension before the expiration.
(3) If there is any change in the residence address, college or university, etc., the foreign student must apply to the Exit-Entry Administration Office of Nanjing Public Security Bureau for a change of residence permit within 10 days.
(4) To apply for a residence permit, fees must be paid following the relevant regulations of the Exit-Entry Administration Department of Nanjing Public Security Bureau.
(5) International students hold the residence permit for "study" and are not allowed to hold positions or employment in China.
(6) The public security organs will punish foreigners or persons responsible for illegal residence (stay) in China or other illegal acts.
(7) The exit-entry administration department of the public security organ has the right to refuse to issue visas and certificates for foreigners following the law and has the right to revoke or declare invalid visas and certificates that have been issued.
24. What are the requirements for applying for the Chinese language program at Hohai University?
Citizens of foreign nationality who are over 16 years old and are physically and mentally healthy. For some applicants who are between the ages of 16 and 18 and whose parents are not residents in China, their parents must formally entrust a foreigner or Chinese resident in China as their guardian and provide relevant supporting materials.
25. What materials do I need to apply for the Chinese language program at Hohai University?
(1) Copy pages of passport and visa;
(2) The highest academic certificate and corresponding transcripts;
If you have study experience in China, you need to provide proof of study and transcripts from relevant institutions.
(3) Those who have studied for more than six months need to provide a foreign medical examination form;
(4) Proof of no criminal record.
26. How much does it cost to apply for the Chinese language program at Hohai University?
(1) Tuition fee: 6,600 yuan/semester 13,200 yuan/year (including textbook fees)
80% of the tuition fee will be refunded for those who give up within two weeks, and no refund for those who give up more than two weeks.
(2) Application fee (non-refundable): 400 yuan
(3) Insurance (mandatory): 300 yuan/6 months, 600 yuan/year
(4) Accommodation (optional): 600 yuan/month (double room)
27. What is the process of applying for advanced Chinese language students at Hohai University?
(1) Log in to http://admission.hhu.edu.cn to complete the online application;
(2) Students pay an application fee of 400 yuan (non-refundable);
(3) The school reviews the materials and informs the admission results;
(4) The International Education College prepares the admission notice and visa form and sends it to the students;
(5) The school will maintain timely communication with students on the development of the epidemic.