Graduate Admissions Guide
Established in 1915, Hohai University is a national key university directly under the Ministry of Education with a century-old history of running a school, featuring water conservancy, engineering as its main subject, and coordinated development of multiple disciplines. It is a national key university that implements the national " 211 Project" and is a national superior discipline. Innovation platform construction, first-class discipline construction, and universities approved by the Ministry of Education to establish graduate schools.
The school vigorously implements an international strategy and extensively develops international cooperation and exchanges. The school is the first batch of universities authorized by the country to grant doctors, masters, and bachelor's degrees to foreign students. It has trained thousands of talents in more than 100 countries and regions.
A foreign citizen who is physically and mentally healthy abides by Chinese laws and regulations respects Chinese customs and habits and holds a valid passport. For those who were originally Chinese citizens and became foreign nationals, the relevant regulations of the Ministry of Education shall be implemented.
Applicants for a master's degree should have a bachelor's degree or equivalent, and generally no more than 35 years old; those who apply for a doctorate should have a master's degree or equivalent, and generally no more than 40 years old.
Graduate students who study in Chinese are trained according to the postgraduate training program of Hohai University; graduate students who study in English are trained according to the training program of Hohai University's all-English overseas graduate students.
Master's Professional Directory:
Doctoral Professional Directory:
The school system
The training of international students implements a flexible academic system. The standard academic system for studying for a doctoral degree is 4 years, with a minimum of 3 years and a maximum of 6 years; the standard academic system for studying for an academic master’s degree is 3 years, with a minimum of 2 years and a maximum of no More than 5 years.
2021 Nian January 20 to May 30.
How to apply
1. Complete the online application of Hohai University: http://admission.hhu.edu.cn
2. Pay the registration fee of RMB 400 (non-refundable).
1. Scanned page of passport (validity is greater than August 30, 2022 );
2. A scanned copy of the original degree and academic certificate (Chinese or English version), fresh graduates need to provide a pre-graduation certificate issued by their school;
3. A scanned copy of the original transcript (including all courses, in Chinese or English);
4. Scanned copies of all visas and residence permits related to China (you must not conceal your study experience in China. If you have never been to China, you can replace it with a passport page);
5. Personal statement or study plan, including study and work experience, professional achievements, research plan, development goals, etc., 400-800 words;
6. Students applying for Chinese-taught majors need to provide HSK6 certificate, and students applying for English-taught majors need to provide corresponding English language proficiency certificates;
7. Two recommendation letters in Chinese or English, the recommender must be an associate professor or above in the relevant field;
8. Physical Examination Form for Foreigners: Applicants must strictly follow the items listed in the form for inspection, and the inspection results are valid for 6 months.
9. Proof of financial ability (one of the following documents: family deposit certificate, family real estate certificate, parent/guardian income certificate, it is recommended that $5,000 and above);
10. List of published papers and abstracts (if any) ;
11. No criminal record certificate.
Charges and refunds
Application fee: RMB 400 / USD 60 (non-refundable).
Language of instruction
24,000 yuan / year
32,000 yuan / year
32,000 yuan / year
44,000 yuan / year
Accommodation fee : Xikang Road campus varies from 9600-24,000 yuan / year depending on different conditions; Jiangning campus 12,000 yuan / year / room.
International students must apply for insurance by relevant national regulations and school requirements.
70% of the tuition fee will be refunded if the withdrawal procedure is completed within two weeks of the required registration date; the tuition fee will not be refunded if the withdrawal procedure is completed more than two weeks. Anyone who requests a refund must submit a written refund application and return the original invoice. Refunds will be settled in RMB, and the tuition fee will not be refunded for students who are delisted due to violation of school discipline and school rules.
1. Chinese Government Scholarship
1.1 Country-specific bilateral programs (Type A ): Country-specific bilateral programs are full scholarships or partial scholarships based on educational cooperation and exchange agreements or consensus reached between China and relevant governments, institutions, schools, and international organizations. Hohai University does not accept applications directly and can provide pre-admission notices to those who meet the admission requirements.
For details, see:
1.2 Autonomous Enrollment Program of Colleges and Universities (Type B ): Applicants complete the online application of China Scholarship Council:
http://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn, school code: 10294, and complete the online application of Hohai University.
The Chinese Government Scholarship implements an annual review system, and the results of the review serve as the basis for whether to continue to provide Chinese Government Scholarship funding.
2. Hohai University Scholarship
The school implements dynamic management of scholarships and re-evaluates scholarships every year based on students' school performance, academic performance, and overall quality.
1.1 First-class scholarship includes tuition, on-campus accommodation, comprehensive medical insurance, and living expenses.
1.2 Second-class scholarship includes tuition fees and on-campus accommodation.
1.3 Third-class scholarship: including tuition fees.
3. Nanjing Municipal Government Scholarship
Funding standard: 20,000 yuan / year. Applicants download the "Nanjing Municipal Government Scholarship Application Form for Foreign Students": http://ie.hhu.edu.cn/7298/list.htm, and upload it to the online application system as an attachment after filling in.
Doctoral students from School of Hydrology and Water Resources, School of Water Conservancy and Hydropower, School of Port, Coastal and Offshore Engineering, School of Civil Engineering and Transportation, School of Environment, and School of Oceanography live on the Xikang Road campus. The rest of the students live on the Jiangning campus. Accommodation facilities include beds, mattresses, desks, wardrobes, chairs, water heaters, internet access, toilets, public laundry rooms, etc.
Admission and announcement
The school conducts admissions based on the applicant's academic background, course grades, thesis status, study plan, and other comprehensive information, and contacts the admitted to sending out the "Admission Notice" and "Visa Application Form for Foreign Students Studying in China" ( JW201/202 Form) And other materials.
Visa application and admission
Admitted persons should bring their ordinary passports, "Admission Notice", "Visa Application Form for Studying in China" ( JW201/202 Form), "Foreigner Physical Examination Form", and "Blood Test Report" to Chinese envoys abroad The museum will apply for an entry study ( X1 ) visa, and with the above-mentioned materials, go to the International Education College of Hohai University to complete the enrollment procedures at the time specified in the notice. Applicants who have issued a pre-graduation certificate but fail to obtain the corresponding degree before September 2021 will be disqualified for registration. Those who fail the entrance examination after registration will be disqualified from registration.
Due to the epidemic, the time and method of registration shall be subject to emails and official notifications.
International Education College of Hohai University
Address: No. 1, Xikang Road, Nanjing City, Jiangsu Province
Post Code: 210098
Phone: +86 25 83787955
Fax: +86 25 83787981
Website: http://cie.hhu.edu.cn, http://ie.hhu.edu.cn