Application for Residence Permit
International students holding X1 visas must apply for a residence permit at the Exit-Entry Administration Office of Nanjing Public Security Bureau within 30 days. materials needed:
1. The original and photocopy of my valid passport (required to hold an ordinary passport) and visa;
2. School official letter and "Admission Notice" indicating the duration of study;
3. The original copy of the "Visa Application Form for Foreign Students Studying in China" ( JW201 or JW202 );
4. Fill in the "Visa and Residence Permit Application Form" together with recent positive hat white color passport-size photographs one;
5. Temporary accommodation registration certificate;
6. For applicants who have a study period of more than one year and are over 18 years of age, the original "Verification Certificate of Physical Examination Record of Overseas Personnel" issued by Jiangsu International Travel Health Care Center is also required.
Reissue of Residence Permit
In addition to the above-mentioned required materials, foreign students holding new passports must provide the following materials in addition to the above-mentioned materials required to apply for a replacement residence permit:
1. Those who receive a new passport due to loss of passport must provide a passport report certificate issued by the Exit-Entry Administration Department of the public security organ or a note from the foreign embassy or consulate in China;
2. Those who receive a new passport due to the expiration of the passport or the running out of visa pages, etc., must provide the passport they held at the time of entry.
Matters needing attention
1. International students who hold a residence permit can stay in China within the validity period of the residence permit, and can also enter and exit China multiple times.
2. International students who need to continue to stay or reside in Nanjing after the expiration of their visa or residence permit must apply to the Exit-Entry Administration Office of Nanjing Public Security Bureau for an extension before the expiration of the period.
3. If there is any change in the residence address, college, or university, the foreign student must apply to the Exit-Entry Administration Office of Nanjing Public Security Bureau for a change of residence permit within 10 days.
4. To apply for a residence permit, fees must be paid in accordance with the relevant regulations of the Exit-Entry Administration Department of Nanjing Public Security Bureau.
5. The purpose of residence permit for international students is to " study ", and they are not allowed to hold a post or find employment in China.
6. The public security organs will punish foreigners or persons responsible for illegal residence (stay) in China or other illegal acts.
7. The entry-exit management department of the public security organ has the right to refuse to issue visas and certificates for foreigners in accordance with the law, and has the right to revoke or declare invalid visas and certificates that have been issued.
Exit-Entry Administration Office of Nanjing Public Security Bureau
Address: No. 173, Baixia Road, Qinhuai District, Nanjing
Working hours: Monday to Saturday morning: 0 9:00-12: 00 afternoon: 14: 00-17: 00
Administrative Service (Entry-Exit Management) Brigade, High-tech Zone, Changzhou Public Security Bureau
Address: No. 128, Zhujiang Road, Xinbei District, Changzhou City
Working hours: Monday to Friday morning: 09:00-11:40 pm 13:00-17:00