International Chinese Teacher Scholarship Admissions Guide
In order to train qualified overseas Chinese teachers and promote the development of Chinese education in various countries, the Sino-foreign Language Exchange Cooperation Center has established international Chinese teacher scholarships, Confucius Institutes, independent Confucius classrooms, some Chinese test sites, Chinese teachers of foreign universities/Chinese departments, and foreign universities. Relevant Chinese teaching industry organizations, Chinese embassies (consulates) and other institutions can recommend outstanding students and in-service Chinese teachers to Heilongjiang University to study and study Chinese international education and related majors.
Objects of funding
1. Non-Chinese nationals;
2. Physical and mental health, good character and learning;
3. Interested in engaging in Chinese education, teaching and related work;
4. The age is 16-35 years old (unified on September 1, 2021). In-service Chinese teachers are relaxed to 45 years old, and applicants for undergraduate scholarships are generally under 25 years old.
Enrollment categories and application conditions
In 2021, the enrollment categories of our school are one-year trainees, one-semester trainees and four-week trainees.
1. One academic year research students will start in September 2021, and the funding period is 11 months. International students in China will not be admitted. International Chinese language education, with a score of 270 in the HSK test (Level 3), and an HSKK score; Chinese language and literature, Chinese history, and Chinese philosophy, with a score of 180 in the HSK test (Level 4) and 60 in the HSKK (Intermediate) test. Points: For Chinese language training, with a score of 210 in the HSK test (Level 3), those who provide HSKK scores are preferred.
2. One-semester research students will start in September 2021 and March 2022, and the funding period is 5 months. Those who have X1 and X2 visas in their passports are not admitted. Chinese International Education, Chinese Language and Literature, Chinese History, Chinese Philosophy, etc., with a score of 180 in the HSK test (Level 3), and an HSKK score.
3. Four-week trainees start in July or December 2021, and the funding period is four weeks. Those who have X1 and X2 visas in their passports are not admitted. Confucius Institute specializes in four-week students, with HSK scores. The Confucius Institute can organize a group to register, and contact Heilongjiang University in advance to determine the study plan in China, and submit it to the headquarters for approval in advance. Each group has 10-15 people.
From March 1, 2021, applicants can log on to the International Chinese Teacher Scholarship (Confucius Institute Scholarship) application website (cis.chinese.cn) to apply for the Confucius Institute Scholarship.
Log on to the scholarship website to inquire about Heilongjiang University; submit application materials online, pay attention to the application process, review opinions and scholarship review results; scholarship recipients confirm the procedures for studying in China with Heilongjiang University, and print the award certificate online; enroll according to the time specified in the admission notice check in.
Deadline (subject to Beijing time):
1. Enrollment in July: The deadline for application is April 10;
2. September admission: The deadline for application is May 10;
3. Admission in December: The deadline for application is September 10;
4. Admission in March 2022: The deadline for application is November 10.
The Confucius Institute Headquarters commissioned an expert group to conduct centralized evaluation: based on HSK and HSKK test scores and levels, taking into account factors such as country, the scholarship evaluation will be completed and the evaluation results will be announced about 3 months before admission.
About the Chinese Bridge winners
Those who have won the 2021 "Confucius Institute Scholarship Certificate" in various Chinese Bridge competitions, log on to the International Chinese Teacher Scholarship website and submit application materials to Heilongjiang University with the scholarship certificate.
Funding content and standards
The scholarship for international Chinese teachers includes tuition, accommodation, living expenses (except for four-week study students) and comprehensive medical insurance.
1. The tuition fee is coordinated by the school for the cultivation and management of scholarship students, cultural activities, and organizing the participation of Chinese tests. The tuition fee does not include teaching materials and entrance fees to tourist attractions.
2. The accommodation fee is coordinated and used by the school to provide students with free dormitories, usually double rooms; those who choose off-campus accommodation after scholarship application and school approval, the school will pay the accommodation fee on a monthly or quarterly basis. The standard is: 700 yuan/ month.
3. Living expenses are paid by the school on a monthly basis. The standard for research students for one academic year and one semester is 2500 RMB/month.
Scholarship students should enter the journal within the time specified in the school's admission notice, otherwise the scholarship qualification will be cancelled. Those who register before the 15th (including the 15th) of the month will receive the full living allowance of the month; those who register after the 15th will receive a half-month living allowance of the month.
Scholarship students who leave China for more than 15 days due to personal reasons during their studies (excluding winter and summer vacations) will not be paid for their living expenses during their absence.
Scholarship students who suspend or drop out of school due to personal reasons, or receive disciplinary sanctions from the school, will be suspended from the payment of living expenses from the date of suspension, withdrawal or receiving notice of sanctions.
The living expenses of graduates (completion) will be paid to half a month after the completion (completion) date determined by the school.
4. The comprehensive medical insurance premium shall be implemented in accordance with the relevant regulations of the Ministry of Education of China for studying in China, and shall be purchased by the school in a unified manner. The standard for four-week postgraduates is 160 yuan/person, one-semester research students is 400 yuan/person, and the standard for one academic year or more is 800 yuan/year/person.
1. A scanned copy of the passport photo page.
2. A scanned copy of HSK and HSKK score reports (valid for two years).
3. A letter of recommendation from the person in charge of the recommending institution.
4. The in-service Chinese teacher must attach the in-service certificate and recommendation letter issued by the employment agency.
5. Applicants under the age of 18 must submit a certificate of entrustment signed by their guardian in China.
1. Application materials that are incomplete or do not meet the enrollment requirements will not be accepted.
2. If the application materials are falsified or filled out and submitted by others, once verified, the application qualification will be cancelled.
3. Applicants who are unable to register for some reason should inform the host institution in writing and indicate the reason 15 days before the registration date. Those who fail to register without reason will be disqualified for scholarship.
4. The scholarship qualification will be cancelled if the admission medical examination is unqualified, or if you drop out of school or suspend your studies in the middle of the school.
International Student Admissions Office, School of International Culture and Education, Heilongjiang University
Address: No. 74 Xuefu Road, Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province, China Post Code: 150080