Regulations on Management of International Students
In accordance with the relevant regulations of the Chinese Ministry of Education on the management of international students in China, and combining with the actual situation of our school, this management method is specially formulated.
International students should come to the school to go through the following procedures on the specified date:
1. Check the passport, show the "Admission Notice", "Foreigner Physical Examination Record" and JW202 form (all originals);
2. Fill in the "Heilongjiang University of Traditional Chinese Medicine Admission Application Form" and apply for registration;
3. Sign the "Registration Form for International Students of Heilongjiang University of Traditional Chinese Medicine";
4. Prepare 10 2-inch photos (consistent with the passport photo);
5. International students should return to the school in March and September every year according to the school opening date. The students themselves must register at the International Education Institute and participate in the briefing held by the International Education Institute.
Training of Undergraduates
Undergraduates who want to enter professional studies after one year of Chinese tuition, first go to the International Student Management Office of the International Education College to apply for the undergraduate admission notice, and then register with the colleges with the admission notice. Enrolled undergraduates can register with the International Education College with the "Heilongjiang University of Traditional Chinese Medicine Admission Notice" to complete the admission procedures.
Course assessment and score management:
1. Foreign students must participate in the courses specified in the school education and training program, but they can be exempt from political, sports, and military training.
2. International students whose native language or official language is English can be exempt from college English courses.
3. Foreign students must take the examinations of courses stipulated in the education training program (except for exempt courses). After completing the course according to the education and training plan, the score of 60 points or more is and (qualified), that is, the credit of the course is obtained. The school decides on the issues of promotion, repetition, demotion, withdrawal, undergraduate, graduation, graduation, etc. of the student's status and degree award based on the student's assessment results.
4. Those with a score of less than 60 in the course test must take a make-up test or a retake. The make-up exams for the first to eight semester courses are arranged one week after the start of the next semester. The specific arrangements for the make-up exams are implemented in accordance with the regulations of the Academic Affairs Office. The credits obtained from the make-up exams are included in the academic records of the previous semester.
5. Students who still have unqualified courses after make-up exams can apply to follow the same courses (transfer to classes) in the lower grades to re-learn and participate in the assessment. For re-study and assessment of lower-level courses approved to participate, the course scores will be recorded after the full score of the test paper is converted into 100 points. Course scores obtained through retakes and retakes shall be recorded as 60 points or pass in the graduation transcript.
6. Applications for retakes and retakes should be processed within the first 1-2 weeks of the school start. Overdue applications will not be accepted.
7. Students who have accumulated more than one-third of the teaching hours of the course for this semester without reason are not allowed to take the course examination. The course scores are recorded as "zero" points, and the words "exam not allowed" are indicated, and the make-up examination will be cancelled. Opportunity, you must apply to follow the lower grades to retake the exam before you can take the test. The scores are evaluated according to the same standards as the lower grades.
8. Students who are unable to participate in the assessment due to illness and hospitalization and other special reasons must submit a written postponement application to the International Education College one week before the exam, with a hospital diagnosis or special accident certificate, and report to the Academic Affairs Office after being approved by the director of the International Education College Examination can be postponed only after the examination and approval. Except for sudden illnesses and accidents, no application for postponement is allowed before or after entering the examination room. Students who have postponed the exam are only allowed to take the make-up exam for the corresponding course. In the graduation transcript, the deferred course results are recorded according to the actual number of points. Students who postpone the exam without approval will be treated as absent if they do not take the exam without authorization, and they are not allowed to take the make-up exam and can only apply for a retake and retake the exam. The exam is not allowed to postpone due to things.
9. After the results are announced, if students have any questions about the results of the course, they can apply for a review of the exam results within one week after the start of the next semester.
10. Failed optional courses will not be arranged for make-up exams, and can be elective.
Attendance and leave:
Heilongjiang University of Traditional Chinese Medicine implements an attendance system for various teaching activities and collective activities organized by the school. Students should participate in the teaching activities and extracurricular activities specified in the teaching plan and organized by the school on time. If you cannot attend class or participate in group activities organized by the school for some reason, you must apply for leave.
1. In principle, those who are absent from class more than one-third of the teaching hours of the course are not allowed to participate in the course assessment.
2. If the leave is limited to three days, the student should apply for it, and then the student's office will give the leave to the Department of International Education after the leave is granted; if the leave is limited to two weeks, the student should submit the leave. The application will be approved by the head of the International Education College after the student office of the student’s college has a vacation; if the leave period is more than two weeks, the student should apply for it, and then the student office of the student’s college will approve the dean of the International Education College after the holiday ; Please apply for suspension formalities if the leave is more than two months.
Sick leave needs to be accompanied by a medical certificate from the designated hospital of the school, or a diagnosis in a tertiary-level A or above hospital; for personal leave, a corresponding certificate should be attached.
3. The students must return to school on time to cancel their leave if they are full. Students who cannot return to school due to some special reasons should apply for renewal before the expiry of the vacation. Those who are not approved for the renewal must return to school. Those who do not return to school without a reason will be regarded as absenteeism.
International students who have been admitted can register with the Graduate School within the specified time with the "Admission Notice of Heilongjiang University of Traditional Chinese Medicine" and go through the relevant procedures for postgraduate admission (including course selection, student ID, etc.);
Examination and assessment:
1. International students must choose courses in accordance with the courses stipulated in the postgraduate training program (the ideological and political courses can be exempted, and the Chinese test is not exempted). Passing an assessment score of 60 points or above is considered a pass, that is, credits for the course are obtained.
2. Those who have scores of less than 60 points in the course examination can apply to follow the same courses in the lower grades to re-study and participate in the assessment. The course scores obtained after retaking credits will be recorded as 60 points or passing in the graduation transcript.
Attendance and leave:
1. The graduate school is responsible for attendance during the course study of international students, and the supervisor is responsible for the attendance during clinical practice. Those who have accumulated more than one-third of the teaching hours of the course without reason for this semester are not allowed to take the course examination. The course scores are recorded as "zero" points. They must apply to follow the lower grades to retake the examination before they can take the examination. credit.
2. Students who are unable to participate in the assessment due to illness and hospitalization and other special reasons must submit a written application for postponement to the School of International Education and Graduate School with a hospital diagnosis or special accident certificate 3 days before the test. The examination can be postponed only after being approved by the dean in charge. . The exam is not allowed to postpone due to things. Students who do not take the exam without approval will be treated as absent from the exam, and they need to apply for a retake and retake the exam.
Suspension, Resumption and Dropout
If an international student applies for suspension of school or the school considers that he should suspend the student, the suspension may not be accepted until the school approves it. The suspension period is one year.
International students who have one of the following conditions must apply for suspension:
1. Those who have been diagnosed by a designated hospital due to illness and need to be suspended for treatment and recuperation, accounting for more than one-third of the total class hours of a semester;
2. Those who need to interrupt their studies due to other reasons.
Handling of suspension formalities:
1. Undergraduate suspension: the undergraduate applying for suspension shall submit a written application in person and fill in the "Application Form for International Students Suspend of Heilongjiang University of Traditional Chinese Medicine". Those who leave due to illness need to submit the medical certificate of the hospital designated by the school; those who leave due to work need to submit corresponding certificates, which are reviewed and approved by the college and the International Education College, and filed at the International Education College before going through the suspension procedures. During the school leave, the school will not bear any legal responsibility.
2. Postgraduate suspension: The postgraduate applying for suspension shall submit a written application in person and fill in the "Application Form for International Students Suspend of Heilongjiang University of Traditional Chinese Medicine". Scholars who leave due to illness need to submit a medical certificate from the hospital designated by the school; those who leave due to work need to submit corresponding certificates, with the consent of the instructor, the approval of the college and graduate school, and the record in the International Education Institute, before the suspension procedures can be processed. During the school leave, the school will not bear any legal responsibility.
Upon expiration of the semester holiday, an international student shall submit an application for resumption of school one month before the start of semester. Students who take a leave of absence due to illness must attach a health certificate provided by a third-class hospital or above, and they will be allowed to return to school after passing the review by the school affiliated hospital or designated hospital. Those who do not go through the formalities of resuming school within the specified time shall be deemed to have given up their student status automatically and shall be treated as automatic withdrawal.
1. Resumption of undergraduates: I will fill in the "Application for Resumption of Heilongjiang University of Traditional Chinese Medicine", which shall be reviewed and approved by the school and the School of International Education, and shall not be able to return to school until it is approved by the School of International Education.
2. Resumption of postgraduate studies: with the consent of the supervisor, the approval of the school and the graduate school, and the approval of the International Education College, the resumption of studies can be made.
If the circumstances of violation of laws and disciplines are serious during the period of absence from school, the qualifications of returning to school shall be cancelled.
International students who have one of the following circumstances should be dropped out of school:
1. Undergraduates: ⑴According to the requirements of the teaching plan of each major, the accumulative credits obtained have not reached 1/4 according to the accumulative credits standards that the students should study; ⑵ Absent from class for two consecutive weeks with a total of 80 semester hours; ⑶Continuous stay (Demotion) or staying (demotion) more than twice; (4) failing to register after the prescribed time limit of the school without proper reason; (5) leaving school without authorization for more than two weeks or failing to return to school after the expiration of two weeks; Those who have not submitted an application for reinstatement within the time limit specified by the school or the application for reinstatement is unqualified after review; ⑺Confirmed by the designated hospital, those who are physically inconvenient, suffer from illness or accidental disability and cannot continue to study at school; ⑻ Subject to expulsion from school ⑼The school decides that the student should withdraw due to other reasons; ⑽I apply for withdrawal;
2. Postgraduates: (1) Those who are deemed unsuitable for further training after the evaluation by the training unit; or those who clearly show poor scientific research ability in their studies; or those who have not completed their studies within the prescribed time limit of the school (including suspension of studies); (2) The comprehensive evaluation for the first year of doctoral students is not Qualified persons; (3) Those who fail to register within the prescribed time limit of the school and have no legitimate reason; (4) Those who leave school for more than two weeks without authorization or who do not return to school after two weeks after the expiration of the vacation; (5) When the semester expires, they fail to submit an application for reinstatement within the prescribed time limit of the school or The application for reinstatement is unqualified after review; (6) Those who have been confirmed by the designated hospital and cannot continue to study in school because of physical inconvenience, illness or accidental disability; (7) Subject to expulsion from the school; (8) The school determines that the student should withdraw due to other reasons; ⑼I apply for withdrawal of the student;
Graduation and Degree
Those who can graduate:
⑴ Graduation is granted if the following conditions are met:
Undergraduates enrolled in our school who have passed all the courses specified in the teaching plan of this major will be allowed to graduate and will be issued a graduation certificate.
If a student does not obtain all the credits specified in the teaching plan of the major in the last year of the study period, he will leave the school as the completion of the course and will not be renewed for the graduation certificate.
The school will issue a certificate of study to students who have dropped out of school, and the school will issue a certificate of undergraduate studies to students who have completed one year of study.
⑵The degree will be awarded if the following conditions are met:
Bachelor's degree courses are reviewed according to the assessment results and graduation practice results stipulated in the teaching plan of each major of the undergraduate, and the qualifications for degree application can be recognized after passing the exam results. Applicants for a bachelor's degree cannot graduate if they fail one course.
Applicants for a bachelor's degree can confirm their qualifications if they have completed the application procedures and meet the relevant regulations after review by the degree committee.
The student has not received the punishment of detention during school study.
2. Graduate students: within the prescribed years of school, complete the content specified in the education and teaching plan, pass the grades, and be allowed to graduate, and the school will issue a graduation certificate. Those who meet the requirements for degree-granting will be awarded a degree certificate by the school. The length of schooling for graduate students is 3 years, the length of study for doctoral students (including suspension of study) is 3-6 years, and the length of study for postgraduates (including suspension) is 3 to 5 years.
Those who cannot graduate:
1. Undergraduates: Students who have not completed the assessment requirements stipulated in the teaching plan, have failed the examinations for more than 1 subject (including 1 subject) compulsory and restricted elective courses, and those whose elective credits have not reached the required credit points of their major cannot graduate.
Students who have been sanctioned for probation during school stay cannot graduate.
2. Graduate students: Students who have one of the following circumstances should postpone their graduation:
⑴ Those who fail two exam courses, or fail the exam for retake courses, will postpone their graduation for one year;
(2) Those who cannot complete the courses specified in the training program on time, and the credits they have taken do not meet the requirements;
⑶ The dissertation cannot be submitted on time, and the dissertation defense fails;
⑷The longest time in school shall not exceed the maximum length of study (including suspension of studies) stipulated by the school.
Rewards and Punishments
The school commends students who are excellent in character and learning, are willing to help others, and actively participate in various cultural and sports activities organized by the school.
Scholarship students who violate laws and regulations may be criticized or disciplinary sanctions based on the seriousness of the circumstances. There are five types of sanctions: 1. Warning; 2. Serious warning; 3. Demerit; 4. Stay in school for probation; 5. Expulsion.