Huazhong University of Science and Technology-logo
Huazhong University of Science and Technology





1.Q: What kind of city is Wuhan?

A:Wuhan is home to HUST. As the capital city of Hubei province and the largest city in central China, Wuhan is recognized as the political, economic, financial, cultural, education and transportation center of central China. It covers an area of 8494 square kilometers and nurtures a population of 10,020,000. With a long history, rich culture and prosperous development, Wuhan is a great place to live, work, do business, and enjoy life. 



2.Q: What kind of university is Huazhong University of Science and Technology?

A: Huazhong University of Science and Technology is a key comprehensive university directly under the Ministry of Education.2000year5moon26Japan merged and was established as a country“211projectKey construction and“985projectOne of the first batch of construction universitiesDouble classBuild colleges and universities.



3.Q: How big is the area of Huazhong University of Science and Technology?

A: The school campus covers an area7000More than acres, lush trees and green grass in the garden, elegant environment, beautiful scenery, green coverage72%, Known asForest University. The school's teaching and research support system is complete, and various public service facilities are complete.



4.Q: What types of students does Huazhong University of Science and Technology admit?

A: Our school is open to international students from all over the world. According to the categories, it is divided into three levels of undergraduates, postgraduates, and doctoral students, and three types of non-degree students for Chinese language students, preparatory students and professional advanced students.



5.Q: What are the academic requirements for applying to Huazhong University of Science and Technology?

A:To apply for an undergraduate degree, a high school graduation certificate is required, and the year old is under 25.

To apply for a master’s degree, a bachelor’s degree certificate is required, and the year-old is under 35 years old.

To apply for a Ph.D. degree, a master’s degree certificate is required and the year-old is under 40 years old.

To apply for the general further education program, at least two years of undergraduate study or equivalent education is required, and the year of age is under 45 years old.

To apply for advanced advanced study programs, a master’s degree or above is required, and the year-old is under 50 years old.

To apply for the Chinese language program, you must have a high school degree or above.



6.Q: What are the language requirements for applying to Huazhong University of Science and Technology?

A: English-taught programs:

Applicants need to have good English skills. Preference will be given to applicants who have good scores in TOEFL, IELTS or other officially recognized exams and have obtained language proficiency certificates.

Chinese-taught programs:

Applicants for science, engineering, economics, management, and medical disciplines must pass the Chinese Proficiency Test Level 4 (HSK 4);

Applicants for literature, education, philosophy, and law must pass the Chinese Proficiency Test Level 5 (HSK 5).



7.Q: What is the application process for Huazhong University of Science and Technology?

A:(1). Log in to the online application system:

(2). Upload the relevant documents and submit the application.

(3). Once you are conditionally admitted, you will receive a reminder from the online system. Please pay the application fee on time as required.

(4). After confirming the completion of the payment, we will issue the admission notice and visa application form within about 10 working days.

Please note: the uploaded documents must be true, clear and valid. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.


8.Q: Where is the address of Huazhong University of Science and Technology?

A:1037 Luoyu Road, Hongshan District, Wuhan 430074, P.R.China



9.Q: I intend to apply for the Chinese Government Scholarship, which one should I apply for?
A:Please note the differences between 2 Chinese Government Scholarship programs:

Bilateral Program (BP)

Chinese University Program (CUP)

Scholarship Information and Tips



10.Q:What is the application deadline, and when the scholarship result will be announced?

A:Applicants for Chinese University Program (CUP) should submit the application between January 1 and April 15th. The final list of scholarship winners will be published in July.

Applicants for Bilateral Program (BP) should submit the application to the dispatching authorities in their home countries. Please consult the dispatching authorities for more details and application deadline. The List of Scholarship Winners and Admission document will be forwarded by China Scholarship Council to dispatching authorities for scholarship winners in July and August.



11.Q:Am I eligible to apply for scholarship?

A:Generally, students with GPA over 3.0/4 or 3.5/5 or 70/100 are eligible to apply for scholarship.



12.Q:Should I apply online?

A:For Bilateral Program (BP), please apply at Please apply with the guidance and information released by the dispatching authorities.

For Chinese University Program (CUP), besides the above one, you should also apply at

Please note that the program categories and agency numbers of these two scholarship programs are totally different.



13.Q:What is the Agency Number?

A:The Agency Number of HUST is 10487 and the Program Category is B, which are only valid for applications for Chinese University Program (CUP).

NOTE: Applicants for Bilateral Program (BP) should consult the dispatching authority in the home country for the designated Agency Number.



14.Q:For scholarship application, should I pay any fee?

A:If you are applying for Chinese University Program(CUP) at HUST, you should pay the Application Fee after submitting your online application.

If you are applying for scholarship/sponsorship through the other dispatching authorities, no fee would be charged by HUST.



15.Q:Due to the COVID-19, what if I am not able to obtain the Physical Examination Form as requested by HUST

A:If you are studying or working in China, you could upload Residence Permit instead.

If it is difficult to receive the Physical Examination Form in due time under certain circumstance outside Chinese mainland, you could also upload the commitments instead. 



16.Q:I am not able to receive the Certificate of Non-criminal Record in my country, what should I do? 

A:A certificate issued by the police station or law enforcement agency certifying that you have no previous criminal record is required.

If you are not able to receive this letter, please submit the personal commitment instead.   



17.Q:What are the procedures of receiving the HUST pre-admission letter?

A:1. Log in to the online application system at:

2. Choose a program upload the required documents, complete your application and submit.

3. Finish the payment of the application fee in due time.(Online payment: 600 CNY/100 USD)

4. Upon receiving payment, the application will be reviewed by the International Admission and Cooperation Office, SIE, HUST.

Note: If you are a qualified degree-program applicant, you will be guided to the online language proficiency test in the form of objective questions. .

5. Applications will be evaluated by the school/department concerned. Applicants that pass the evaluation will receive a Nomination Letter for Admission.

This Nomination Letter for Admission could be submitted to the dispatching authority as the supporting document during your scholarship application.

The document to be uploaded are listed as follow:

- Passport

- Academic Certificate

- Transcripts

- Physical Examination Form

- Certificate of Non-criminal Record

- Personal Statement

- CV

- Study Plan/Research Proposal

- Language Proficiency Certificate

- 2 Recommendation Letters



18.Q:Where can I upload the acceptance letter from my intended supervisor?

A:You are suggested to start your application firstly at our application system at: After receiving your application, we will forward your application documents to relevant department and supervisors for evaluation.

If you already have a supervisor willing to accept you, you can upload the acceptance letter at the last step “other materials” in the application system.  



19.Q: How much is the accommodation fee of Huazhong University of Science and Technology?
A:Single Room: 1,200 RMB/month

Double Room: 700 RMB/month/person

Facilities: Washing room, water heater, air conditioner, furniture.

- Water, electricity and internet are charged by the Room Service Center separately.



20.Q:How to pay the tuition

A:According to University finance policy, students are required to pay tuition by year (Chinese language students could pay by semester). 

There are two ways of tuition payment: 

1) Pay the tuition upon your registration in cash or Unionpay card. 

2) Telegraphic Transfer (T/T



Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on Wechat