Application Guide for Chinese University Program (CUP) in HUST, 2021
Chinese Government Scholarship-Chinese University Program is a full scholarship established by Ministry of Education to support Chinese universities to enroll outstanding international students for postgraduate studies in China.
HUST is one of the higher education institutions designated to undertake this program in 2021.
Master & Doctor
Scholarship students can register for either Chinese-taught program or English-taught program if applicable, with good Chinese or English language proficiency.
This is a full scholarship which covers
When & How to Apply
Please apply ONLINE between January 1st and April 15th, 2021.
o Hard copies are NOT accepted. Please do NOT post your application to HUST.
o Applications for language and literature of one's native language or the third country such as English literature are NOT accepted.
o Applications submitted by Current degree students in China’s university who will graduate in 2022 or later are NOT accepted.
o For details about scholarship application, please click FAQ.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- be a citizen of a country other than P. R. China, and be in good health;
- be a bachelor's degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for master's programs;
- be a master's degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for doctoral programs.
English-medium Programs: Good command of English. Applicants with good marks on TOEFL, GRE, IELTS or other official recognized test and proficiency certificate are preferred.
Chinese-medium Programs: HSK 4 for Science, Engineering and Medicine. HSK 5 for Economics, Management, Literature, Philosophy, Education and Law.
Timeline of Application
Scholarship programs are only applicable for the 2021 autumn session.
- The application starts from January 1st to April 15th, 2021.
- The qualified candidates will be informed of the evaluations result in late June.
- The final list of scholarship winners will be published and winners will be notified from late July.
- The official admission document will be delivered from late July or early August.
January 15 to February 24 – HUST Winter Vacation of 2021:
Application would remain open, while consulting/reference service would proceed after February 24th.
Please do understand that the admission team of International Admission and Cooperation Office would not be able to reply every single mail concerning the application status or admission progress. Your good preparation and nice patience will be appreciated.
Application Procedure & Document
Complete the online application procedure at CSC Online Application System for International Students (Visit http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina), submit online and click “print the application form” for the next step.
(The Program Category is B, and the Agency No. is 10487.)
Complete the HUST online application at http://admission.hust.edu.cn
— <Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship> (downloaded from Step 1)
— Academic Certificate: An official certificate of your highest education or the official document of enrollment issued by the current school. Academic documents issued in the third language should be notarized in Chinese or English editions.
— Physical Examination Form: Please click to download. Those who are studying or working in China could upload the Health Certificate or Residence Permit instead.
— Certificate of Non-criminal Record: A certificate issued by the police station or law enforcement agency certifying that you have no previous criminal record.
— Personal Statement: Introduce yourself in details, explain your understanding of China, list the reasons and your expectations for studying at HUST.
— CV: Including educational background, work experience, and publication list if available.
— Study Plan/Research Proposal
— Language Proficiency Certificate
— 2 Recommendation Letters: Signed by your former lecturers, professors/associate professors, or the renowned in the field of your future study.
• The documents uploaded should be clear, true and valid.
• Academic documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
• The graduate students in 2021 may submit official document issued by the current school to prove your current student status or expected graduation date.
• The physical examinations must cover all of the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete forms or forms without the signature of the attending physician, or the official stamp of the hospital would be considered as invalid. Please carefully plan your physical examination schedule as the result is valid for only 6 months.
• Neither modification nor supplementary document shall be made upon submission.
600 CNY/100 USD
Please pay online after submitting your online application.
Application without payment will be regarded as uncompleted.
Application fee is non-refundable.
Online Application: http://admission.hust.edu.cn
School of International Education: http://iso.hust.edu.cn