Huazhong Agricultural University-logo
Huazhong Agricultural University

HOME > Admission > International Student Admissions Guide

International Student Admissions Guide

1. Application time:

Chinese Government Scholarship: December 1, 2020 to April 15, 2021

Huazhong Agricultural University Scholarship: December 1, 2020 to April 15, 2021


2. Eligibility for application:

① Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens and in good health.

Note: Residents of Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan who have moved abroad and are now applying to study in China as international students must hold a valid foreign passport for at least four years and must have actually lived abroad for at least two years in the past four years. (Nine months in a foreign country can be counted as a whole year. The actual place of residence is subject to the passport entry and exit stamp date.)

The above-mentioned applicants should also submit the following supplementary documents:

(1) Naturalization certificate;

(2) Cancellation of original residence certificate;

(3) Copy of passport entry and exit signature page for the past four years (original copy for reference);

(4) In the past two years abroad Proof of study or work experience.

② Applicants for master's degree must have obtained a bachelor's degree and be under 40 years old.

③ Applicants for doctoral degree must have obtained a master's degree and be under 45 years old.


3. Online application:

CSC Scholarship:;

University scholarship:


4. Required documents:

Do not. File
1 Application form
2 The highest diploma or degree certificate; or the official expected graduation certificate for students who are still on campus
3 Official transcript
4 Two recommendation letters from professors/associate professors in related disciplines 
5 study plan
6 photocopy of passport



Medical record


8 Certificate of Good Conduct
9 Other supporting materials (such as: award certificates, published academic papers, certificates of English or Chinese proficiency, certificates of special skills such as dance, sports, etc.)


HZAU Professor's Admission Notice 



Please prepare the application file and submit the electronic version to the application system.

Files other than Chinese or English must be accompanied by a certified Chinese or English translation.


5. Language ability:

① Chinese Intermediate Course: Applicants should submit an approved HSK score report. HSK Level 5 or above (Note: HSK refers to the Chinese Proficiency Test, the information can be found at: If the applicant does not have elementary Chinese learning experience, he can take a Chinese course for one academic year and pass HSK Level 5 before the start of academic study.

② English Intermediate Course: Applicants should submit TOEFL, IELTS and other recognized English proficiency test score reports or other official English test score reports recognized by HZAU. Failure to prove one’s English proficiency may adversely affect the candidate’s eligibility for admission.


6. Admissions consultation:

The HZAU International Student Office will post the admission status through the online application system as soon as possible after receiving all the required files. The admission notice, Application form (JW202) and "Foreigner Physical Examination Record" will be sent to the admitted before July 15th.


7. Cost:



Fees/RMB (Master's degree)

Fees/RMB (Doctorate degree)






Science and Engineering

25000/academic year

28000/academic year

40000/school year

44000/academic year

Economics, Management, Humanities and Social Sciences

22000/school year

25000/academic year

28000/academic year

32000/school year


Single room

10000/school year

Double room

5000/school year


400/academic year


800/academic year

"C" stands for Chinese teaching, "E" stands for English teaching


8. Visa:

Admitted students must apply for a study visa at the Chinese embassy/consulate in their country with the "Admission Notice" and JW202 form. International students who will study in China for no more than 6 months should apply for an "X2" visa. Students who will study in China for more than 6 months need to obtain an "X1" visa, which is only valid for 30 days after you arrive in China. Students must apply for a residence permit at the International Student Office within 30 days to obtain legal residency in China.


9. Registration:

The registration date will be indicated in the admission letter. Successful applicants must register with HZAU within the specified period. Early registration will not be processed.


Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on Wechat