1. Q: What kind of university is Jingdezhen Ceramic Institute?
A: Jingdezhen Ceramic Institute is the only multi-disciplinary undergraduate university named after ceramics in China. It is one of the 30 independently established undergraduate art colleges in China and the first batch of 94 international students with all qualifications to enjoy Chinese government scholarships to study for master's and bachelor's degrees. One of the universities in China, which has been approved to support the colleges and universities in the basic capacity building project of the central and western universities, and has developed into an important base for national and even world ceramic cultural and artistic exchanges, ceramic talent training and technological innovation.
2. Q: What is the school code of Jingdezhen Ceramic Institute?
3. Q: What are the application categories and application conditions of the Jingdezhen Ceramic Institute International Student Program in China?
A: Application category and application conditions:
- Undergraduate students (four years of schooling): should have a high school degree or above, and the age of entry should not exceed 25 years old.
- Master's degree (three years of schooling): Bachelor's degree or above, and the age of admission should not exceed 35 years old.
- Doctoral students (three years of schooling): Master's degree or above, and the entrance age is not more than 40 years old.
- Ordinary scholars: should have a high school degree or above.
- Senior scholars: Bachelor's degree or above.
- Chinese students: should have a high school degree or above.
- Senior ceramic art students of the International Summer School: Have the corresponding artistic accomplishment and the foundation of ceramic art production technology.
4. Q: What are the application materials for the Jingdezhen Ceramic Institute International Student Program in China?
A: Application materials:
- Admission application form;
- Ten one-inch headless color photos and one electronic headless color photo;
- Application for study intention (printed on A4 paper, handwritten signature);
- To apply for a master's degree, a recommendation letter from an associate professor or an expert with the above qualifications is required. Applicants for a master’s degree in fine arts must also provide a portfolio;
- A copy of the highest academic certificate and transcript;
- Copy of passport and visa page;
- International medical report;
- Proof of no history of major illness (or letter of commitment from parents);
- The admission application and registration fee are ￥500.
5. Q: What scholarships can international students from Jingdezhen Ceramic Institute apply for?
A: Chinese Government Scholarship, Chinese Government Scholarship Support Local Government Scholarship, Jiangxi Provincial Government Scholarship, Jingdezhen Ceramic Institute Scholarship for Outstanding Chinese Students, Jingdezhen Ceramic Institute Scholarship for International Students in China.
6. Q: What kind of international students from Jingdezhen Ceramic Institute need to obtain a physical health verification certificate?
A: All students studying in China must take a physical examination and obtain a "Verification Certificate of Physical Examination Record of Foreign Personnel" ("Health Certificate" for short).
7. Q: International students from Jingdezhen Ceramic Institute in China have had a medical examination before. Do they need to be examined?
A: If you have undergone a physical examination within 6 months, please bring the various original test reports of the physical examination to a Chinese validating doctor for review. If the verification is passed, you can get a verification certificate by paying a verification fee of RMB 60; if there is no part or part of it is missing Projects can be re-inspected at the center, but the fee ranges from RMB 80-500.
8. Q: How long is the validity period of the medical examination certificate for international students from Jingdezhen Ceramic Institute?
A: It is valid within 6 months from the date of issuance. If the residence permit is not used within 6 months, the permit shall be invalid.
9. Q: What matters should be paid attention to when foreign students from Jingdezhen Ceramic Institute come to China for a physical examination?
A: On an empty stomach, bring your passport and 1 copy, and 2 photos. All original medical examinations within 6 months are RMB 400.
10. Q: When can the international students from Jingdezhen Ceramic Institute get the medical verification certificate?
A: If the materials you bring are all qualified, you can get your own physical examination verification certificate. Please give the certificate to the teacher who led the team. If you pay for the re-inspection, you do not need to pick it up by yourself, the teacher will pick it up for you in three days. However, the students who did not go to the verification collectively went to the center to collect it.
11. Q: How do foreign students from Jingdezhen Ceramic Institute apply for student ID cards?
A: Present the payment voucher and passport to the teacher of the Office of Education International Cooperation and Study Abroad, fill in the enrollment registration form, apply for the student card (posted with a photo), and affix the registration seal.
12. Q: What should the international students of Jingdezhen Ceramic Institute pay attention to when receiving the student ID?
A: Please check whether your name, student ID, nationality are correct, whether the registration date has been marked and the red registration stamp has been stamped.
13. Q: When do international students from Jingdezhen Ceramic Institute need a student ID?
A: The student ID is required in the following situations:
- When going to the school office and other departments to apply for various certificates;
- When receiving scholarship;
- When signing up for various activities;
- When registering after the second semester;
- When leaving or returning to school;
- When visiting and registering at the Chinese student dormitory;
- Return the student ID when dropping out or transferring;
- When going out for sightseeing (if you need to stay in another place, you should bring your passport);
- Upon graduation or leaving school, the student ID should be returned.
14. Q: When will the new students of Jingdezhen Ceramic Institute apply for the residence permit?
A: After the new students complete the registration procedures, the teacher of the Office of Education International Cooperation and Study Abroad will arrange for the international students to undergo a physical examination. If the physical examination report is issued and qualified, the office will issue a certificate to each new student who needs to apply for a residence permit (purchased If you are insured, you need to check the insurance certificate), and then the teacher from the Office of Education International Cooperation and Study Abroad will lead you to the Exit-Entry Administration Office of the Public Security Bureau to go through the residence permit procedures.
15. Q: What documents should be brought with Jingdezhen Ceramic Institute to apply for a residence permit for freshmen studying in China?
A: Freshmen need the following documents to apply for a residence permit:
- Original and photocopy of passport;
- The original and photocopy of the visa (photocopy of the latest entry visa stamp);
- Residence application form (posted with photos);
- JW202 form is required for the first application after arriving at school);
- Instructions on visa processing issued by the school;
- Approval from the Education Department.
16. Q: Can I ask someone to apply for the residence permit for foreign students of Jingdezhen Ceramic Institute in China?
A: No, because you need to take a computer avatar on the spot, you need to go to the Exit and Entry Administration of the Public Security Bureau to handle it.
17. Q: What should I do if the residence permit or visa of Jingdezhen Ceramic Institute for foreign students in China expires?
A: Please pay attention to the validity period of the residence permit or visa in your passport. You need to apply for and submit relevant materials at the Office of Education International Cooperation and Study Abroad one month in advance. If you stay illegally due to expiration, you may be warned, or stay illegally for one day, you may be fined RMB 500, the total amount does not exceed RMB 5,000, or you may be detained for more than 3 days but less than 10 days; if the circumstances are serious, you will be given a time limit to leave the country.
18. Q: How many campuses does Jingdezhen Ceramic Institute have?
A: The school has three campuses: Xinchang, Ceramic Research Institute, and Xianghu, covering an area of more than 1,600 acres.
19. Q: How much is the accommodation fee for international students from Jingdezhen Ceramic Institute?
A: RMB 1650/bed per semester.
20. Q: What is the contact information of Jingdezhen Ceramic Institute?
A: Contact information:
- Address: International College of Jingdezhen Ceramic Institute, Xianghu Town, Jingdezhen City, Jiangxi Province
- Phone: 0798-8499000
- Postal Code: 333403